Men's Fashion

General Antony

Vyemm Raider
The Allen Edmonds stuff is really nice. Buy the matching shoe polish and cleaning supplies if you don't already have them, and pick up some shoe trees/travel bags so they don't get scuffed.
Be careful with the polish on shoes that have contrast stitching like Rush Street.

I'd probably just grab the neutral polish for that particular shoe.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
AE has a very good shoe care guide that includes every one of their shoes, which polish to use, which cleaner to use, which edge dressing to use etc. They also have videos. Just follow that shoe care guide on their site.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
What are the best shirt/tie/square color combos to go with a really dark navy suit? Preferably not red, ain't looking for the power suit. My bright blue tie is way too bright for it and dark just blends in

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I really like chambray ties. yes it's similar to denim but it's much finer and I actually dig the stiffness. The Chambray ties I own have threads of white in it which could offset the dark suit.

Khane

What are the best shirt/tie/square color combos to go with a really dark navy suit? Preferably not red, ain't looking for the power suit. My bright blue tie is way too bright for it and dark just blends in
A silver/blue/yellow paisley tie with a white shirt, and white square with yellow trim or matching paisley.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I like patterned blue or purple to go with dark navy! Then you go the lighter brown belt + shoes, and you looking so good!!

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think I'm going to buy a few shirts from Indochino for the summer. Anyone have any experience using this website?

Khane

My friend bought a suit through them. They did a decent job with it. Fits very well.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I have umm... three suits and six shirts or so through them, and they work well enough. I'd order one to begin with, make the measurement modifications once it comes in and you can see what is wrong, then order a set. Their customer service has always been quick and helpful, had pants remade without any argument and one suit coat. Went to one of their traveling tailor events in Chicago a couple years back also which was cool but a little underwhelming.

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Driving mocassins are also an option. Less versatile but can work well in many situations.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Dumb question...but I'm trying to buy a bunch of black dress socks for work, and I want to buy them online(because I'm too lazy to go to a store)

What do I need to look for in the description/materials if I want something that is really light and breathes well for summer/hot weather? I know I don't want some heavy wool socks, but should I be looking at cotton, some type of poly blend, or what?

I don't have a clue what my current socks are since socks have no tags and the original packaging is long gone, but they're worn out and need replacing.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Don't discount thin wool socks for summer. Unlike cotton the wool won't absorb your sweat it will naturally whick it away and then evaporation will cool your feet. Cotton will just absorb your sweat. But avoid wool blends. Wool tends to lose a bunch of it's properties when you introduce other fabrics in with it.

Or you can just buy thin poly socks which from my experience work fine in the summer. But I wear wool socks year round.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Looking for for some black not too formal/not too casual shoes the other week. The wife insisted I try these on after they didn't really catch my eye. Glad I did, really like them so far.

rrr_img_99920.jpg