Men's Fashion

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It's pretty dark, close to black I'd say. I didn't even think to look for "black tie" and then a mutual friend mentioned it. I had to google what black tie even entailed because I've never had someone request it before.

I guess I'm not surprised, based on the type of people they are.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
It's probably worth it to spend the money and effort to get a nice black suit, if only for the inevitable weddings and funerals that you'll be forced to go to in life. The first really nice suit I bought (i.e., tailored to fit like a glove) was a black suit for weddings and funerals. I'm glad I bought it, because I've used it for both since then.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You should own a nice charcoal suit as it is the universal do everything suit. Interviews, Black tie, weddings, work, etc...

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
I'd just wear your navy suit and call it good. Don't buy something just for a wedding you don't care about anyway.

I have a black suit and I never wear it to work, court, or anywhere else. I certainly wouldn't wear black to an interview. And I don't really wear it to weddings either because if you're in the wedding party they usually have matching suits for you to wear, and if you're not in the wedding party you don't matter. So wear whatever. I guess you could wear it to funerals but in TX funerals are hot as fuck and wearing a black suit is a good way to have a heat stroke.

Basically, fuck black suits.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
If someone goes thru the trouble of having a black tie wedding someone there is going to notice and/or bitch about it if you're not 100% up to speed on "black tie".

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
If someone goes thru the trouble of having a black tie wedding someone there is going to notice and/or bitch about it if you're not 100% up to speed on "black tie".
Not really, it's like any themed costume party. Half the people come in costume half don't, and even the half that do come in costume half of them fuck it up.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I have a dark navy suit and also a fairly dark charcoal suit, I could probably get away with either maybe.

I never bought a black suit because I found their uses to be extremely limited. I've certainly never felt the need to wear a black suit to a wedding.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Black Tie wedding? Fuck you.
Destination wedding? Fuck you even harder.

It's great you're getting married and all but that doesn't mean everyone around you needs to spend large amounts of money unnecessarily.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Black Tie wedding? Fuck you.
Destination wedding? Fuck you even harder.

It's great you're getting married and all but that doesn't mean everyone around you needs to spend large amounts of money unnecessarily.
I like it when your close friends specify some fucking $300 suit you have to rent to be part of the wedding party, and don't pay for it themselves.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I like it when your close friends specify some fucking $300 suit you have to rent to be part of the wedding party, and don't pay for it themselves.
My cousin's fiance is like this. She just had a bridal shower at some ritzy hotel last week. I saw the pictures on Facebook and my mom and all of my relatives HAD to dress up in "A day at the races" socialite getups. This is the same woman who had to have an engagement party in June 2013 and asked for gifts, the wedding is this October.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Every wedding I've been in the groom didn't pay for the rented suit. I think it is pretty customary for the groom not to.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It depends. I've always felt if you aren't paying for the suits you should at least get groomsmen gifts. My brother is partially paying for the suits for his wedding, so it's not too bad.

Fuck bridal showers / engagement parties. Double-dipping whores.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Every wedding I've been in the groom didn't pay for the rented suit. I think it is pretty customary for the groom not to.
I don't give a fuck what the custom is. If you're going to do some stupid shit that I am obligated out of friendship to do then pay for it yourself if you want to choose something expensive.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
It depends. I've always felt if you aren't paying for the suits you should at least get groomsmen gifts. My brother is partially paying for the suits for his wedding, so it's not too bad.

Fuck bridal showers / engagement parties. Double-dipping whores.
Why do I care about groomsman gifts? So in the suits case, I bought a 200-300 dollar groomsman gift for myself and then got to attend a wedding. Wow what a deal.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
I think he has money troubles
Yea, I don't like to piss it down holes. Thats trouble.
smile.png