Men's Fashion

Senaiel

Silver Knight of the Realm
Allen Edmonds is having a huge factory second sale (minor imperfections) currently. Can basically get any shoe for $200.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
I need new dress pants that are stylish but won't break my bank- anyone have recommendations? I like slimmer fit, flat front style (non-wrinkle preferably). I tried Jos A Banks and Men's Warehouse, but everything I tried was boxy, and wide-legged with a huge crotch.

I would be looking to wear the pants with a sport jacket, shirt, and tie.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Funny you should mention that. Right before I made that post I checked online and found a J Crew style I really like but they have zero color options for the Bowery Slim line. They literally only have ONE color option for each material (Irish linen, Japanese Chambray, etc). Kind of crazy they don't have more than one option.

I might give the J Crew Bowery Classic a try, but I'm pretty hesitant because I'm worried I'll be right back to the whole baggy/boxy things. Fucking frustrating how hard it is to find good, fitted, wrinkle free dress clothes.

I need good fitted, wrinkle free shirts too if anyone has a hint.

I'm a little irregularly built. I need a 16.5 (or relaxed 16) neck, but dress shirts with that measurement are generally made to fit overweight people, so I have yards of extra material around the bottom of the shirt I have to try and stuff into my pants. Same issue with pants. I need pants with a waist of 33 or 34, but they typically are too wide in the legs and deep in the crotch.

I honestly just need to get shit tailored to fit my irregularity, but I really don't want to spend that kind of money for all the clothes I need to buy since I'm in dress clothes 5 days a week.

Meh.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
It is usually better to just buy decent shirts that fit well but not great at a reasonable price and then tailor them. Paying more for a brand that is custom fitted for you off the rack is generally a poor way to roll.

You could also look into dress shirts that are darted to have a dramatic taper if you're triangle shaped. But I don't know your drop. Like my chest is a 38-40 and my pants size is a 30 so finding dress shirts is generally difficult unless I know the brand.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Also it looks like Amazon has some Docker's Alphas on sale. Pretty popular on reddit. Never personally seen/worn them.

Amazon.com: Dockers Mens Alpha Khaki Slim Flat-Front Pant: Dockers: Clothing

If you're willing to wait and pay more I own a pair of Gustin chinos I'm very pleased with. Slim fit flat front. Only thing I don't like is they're button fly instead of zip. I prefer button on my jeans but zip on my chinos.
Those Dockers may be a great call for non-court days- thanks. Going to order a pair and see how they look/fit.

Was also going to look intoShop Allbut I didn't know how much of their appeal was snazzy marketing and how much was actually performance.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I bit the bullet on a pair of those Allen Edmonds. I have never actually had a pair of nice shoes. I've had passable dress shoes but never anything like that, so that is pretty cool.

Senaiel

Silver Knight of the Realm
I bit the bullet on a pair of those Allen Edmonds. I have never actually had a pair of nice shoes. I've had passable dress shoes but never anything like that, so that is pretty cool.
I had been looking for a pair but couldn't convince myself to spend 300 on a shoe. A few days later I saw that sale and somehow bought two. Pretty pumped for them to here as my current shoes I wear to work are absolute crap.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
When I think about how much time I spend in my work shoes it justifies spending a few hundred.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I hope you guys got the Carlyle plain toes. Those shoes are classy as fuck.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
So I'm casually looking over a wedding invitation for a wedding we're going to in a week and notice the dreaded words "BLACK TIE"

I don't own a tux or a black suit, just a dark navy suit. Is it shitty to wear that suit + black bowtie? What are my options here, not really interested in renting a tux for someone's shitty wedding..