Men's Fashion

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I guess I just don't unerstand. I back out of being best man at a wedding for a good friend because I didn't want to put up with all the shit his future wife was dreaming up. Told them I wasn't sure if I could make it because something else might come up. Told them I couldn't commit 100% till a later date.

Life is only hard if you make it hard or allow someone else to make it hard for you. Of course I'm eat up with the "I don't really give a shit" disease.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
We paid for our bridal party's suits and shit. Then a year later one of the my groomsmen was getting married and did not pay for the rented tuxs. I reduced the gift i gave him by the cost of the tux. Fuck that noise.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I guess I just don't unerstand. I back out of being best man at a wedding for a good friend because I didn't want to put up with all the shit his future wife was dreaming up. Told them I wasn't sure if I could make it because something else might come up. Told them I couldn't commit 100% till a later date.

Life is only hard if you make it hard or allow someone else to make it hard for you. Of course I'm eat up with the "I don't really give a shit" disease.
That's fine, but I couldn't refuse being someone's best man. To each his own.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Talked to the bride, apparently the groom isn't even wearing a tux so I'm satisfied knowing they don't know what black tie means.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Just wear what you want, some fucker will show up in jeans to take the heat off you anyway. WRT gifts, if I have to get on a plane the gift is I showed up...

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Just wear what you want, some fucker will show up in jeans to take the heat off you anyway. WRT gifts, if I have to get on a plane the gift is I showed up...
Its like on a cruise ship and they have the formal dining night and half the room is in suits and the other half is in cut off jorts, a bandana and a screaming eagle clutching the American flag t-shirt.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Its like on a cruise ship and they have the formal dining night and half the room is in suits and the other half is in cut off jorts, a bandana and a screaming eagle clutching the American flag t-shirt.
Most cruise lines won't let you in the dining room on formal night if you aren't dressed. At least how I remember.

Tenks

Most cruise lines won't let you in the dining room on formal night if you aren't dressed. At least how I remember.
I haven't been on a cruise in about 10 years or so but they let anyone in the room on the formal night. This was Royal Caribbean so rules may be different on different lines.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
We just went a couple years ago on a Carnival Cruise, and they turned around scrubs. Their definition of "formal" was fairly lax though.

Echuta

Golden Knight of the Realm
Sorry if its already been discussed (searched the past 15 pages), but have any of you heard anything on Combatant Gentleman site? I have a coworker who recommended it as he gets all his shirts from there. He's an avid workout guy so its hard for him to not look good in something nice.

Need to get a good tailored suit for an event in a couple months. Dont want to go Armani just yet.

an accordion_sl

shitlord
I just recently got a suit from Indochino. They ask for all your measurements, so it fits like a glove... it was about $500, dunno what an Armani suit costs.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Just a quick scan of the Armani site looks like $1,400 is pretty much the baseline. Indochino looks like a great option, thanks. Been wanting to get a nicely tailored suit for a while now.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Went to the "black tie wedding"

Confirmed bride and groom are fucking retarded, and I guess no other guess cared about that detail. Everyone was in suits, typical young 20's dudes in khakis and un-tucked shirts that weren't ironed, one dude in a t-shirt.. The groom + groomsmen were in dark navy suits (looked identical to mine, awkward) with a multi-colored tie and brown shoes.

All in all I'm glad I did not go black tie, as no one did. Well, one guy did and I felt bad. He straight up wore a tuxedo with a bow-tie and cummerbund. He looked good but severely out of place.

Tenks

I like how the one guy who followed the rules of the invite is the one who ended up looking like a jackass lol

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I like how the one guy who followed the rules of the invite is the one who ended up looking like a jackass lol
Yeah and I actually felt bad for him. He only looked like a jackass in the sense that he was out of place - in the proper setting he would've looked like a fine gentleman (he had a peach fuzz stache/beard though).

I was actually fairly overdressed myself since I wore my three piece and tie