Men's Fashion

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
Really doesn't take more than 20sec to turn it upside down a few times while it's hot to get what little water is left in it. But then, if you can't stand the sight of an iron to begin with, I totally understand why that extra step would look like an unnecessary pain in the ass.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
If you use good hangers you won't have to. By good I mean wooden hangers to keep the shape.
One of the best things i have done is to replace all my cheap wire hangers with wooden. I did it slowly over time to spread out the cost, but now the wires are gone and its so much better, even T shirts on the wooden hangers.

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
My wife just got me an excellent Christmas present. I am a huge bow tie fan. Now I get one a month for the next year. Pretty fantastic. Overall, this site has some great ties. She got me the 'fashion forward' bow tie collection, which she is hoping just gets them to send me the ties made by Pharrell every month.

http://www.thetiebar.com/tie_of_the_month.asp

Also hit uphttp://www.heimies.com/in St. Paul, MN this weekend. This place has some really fantastic clothing. They specialize in high end 'gentlemen's' clothing for lack of a better word. The day I can shop at this place for all my clothes is probably the day I win the lottery, but I can dream.

Ended up getting a hot lather straight shave while I was there. Pretty great experience, but it did make me realize I could never do that to myself.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Allen Edmonds shoes are incredibly comfortable, very well made and completely worth the money. The best part is when the shoe starts degrading and needs to be repaired they do a full repair of the shoe for around $100 USD. Looks brand new after the fact. But the shoes last years before needing that.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Allen Edmond is legit. Cole Haan is way overpriced for made in China garbage.

I have these Wolverine 1K Addisons as my daily wear shoes. Not sure if you wanted a boot though:http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/wolverin...p-boot/3178842

A good resource to find high quality clothes pretty cheap is reddit:Dressing on the cheap

You kind of need to know the brands that interest you but the hivemind is generally correct about most of the stuff recommended there. For the most part the criteria is a good quality : price ratio. And you'll be quick to find deals on shoes. I got the above linked Wolverines for like $230 because some reseller on Amazon was offering them cheap for a day. They weren't even seconds.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
AE's shoes are very well made. I tear through the leather soles on my shoes in a few months normally with all the walking around downtown I do. AE's seem to have been worth the price simply with how well they hold up. I sing their praises to everyone at work.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I have owned a few Dockers "dress" shoes, they are very comfortable. They don't last super long if you are going to everyday them like I did. About a year which is not terrible for the price.

If you go for higher end shoes you certainly want to rotate for some longevity.

Saban_sl

shitlord
Kinda getting sick of wearing Asics or sneakers in general everywhere. Whats the go to casual shoe for adults? Loafers or something? So clueless.

Khane

That depends entirely on what you consider casual clothing.

Khane

A while back someone here linked a kickstarter to a new jean company called RPMWest. It's an online only shopping model where you tell them the style you want and they send you three sizes of your choosing, you keep the one you want and send back the two you don't. Looks like they chose me as a winner for a free pair. I'll report back once I get the jeans on how they fit/look.

Column_sl

shitlord
Meh, just get your shit tailored imho.

Don't have to worry so much on the fit, and tailoring is pretty inexpensive.

Khane

Yeah, you can get your jeans tailored but the way the jeans look (wash, rise, quality of fabric) can't be altered in every way. These are pretty much the same price point as other "high quality" jeans so you aren't paying extra really. And it's free, might as well try em and let people know what I think of the material and style.