Metal Gear Solid V

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I didn't realize that my weapon choice didn't matter. I had a sniper rifle but didn't want to use it. Kept hoping I could sneak up and hold her up like The End in Snake Eater and get something cool out of it. Seems that wasn't the case.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Cool just warning people. She's a good companion, and you'll miss out on story if you kill her.

I didn't think tranq pistoling her was all that bad. I restarted a time or two to get used to the fight but overall it wasn't bad.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
I went into the fight completely blind and dumb. I didn't realize she became a companion so I just assumed boss fight/kill her. So weapon dropped a sniper rifle and dueled her like sniper wolf from MGS1.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Just found out what I posted in my spoiler may be taken down for copyright at some point, so it might be advisable to go ahead and spoil yourselves on it, if you don't get super butthurt at spoilers, just so you know what's up at the end of the game.

But don't do it if you really hate spoilers cause its super spoilery.

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
The
character creation during the prologue got me good. I wake up from a coma and the damn doctor says I need to rearrange my face. Rearrange motherfucking Snake's face. You know, the mulleted face I've associated with Snake for 20 years. So I go through the stupid thing, approximating through the customization bullshit as best I can Snake's mug and find the results woefully underwhelming. I'm on the brink of despair and some hero murders the fuck out of the doctor and I retain my mug. Well, played, Kojima.

edit: This happens within the first 10 minutes, but whatever. Hope everybody else enjoyed/enjoys it as much as I did.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
The
character creation during the prologue got me good. I wake up from a coma and the damn doctor says I need to rearrange my face. Rearrange motherfucking Snake's face. You know, the mulleted face I've associated with Snake for 20 years. So I go through the stupid thing, approximating through the customization bullshit as best I can Snake's mug and find the results woefully underwhelming. I'm on the brink of despair and some hero murders the fuck out of the doctor and I retain my mug. Well, played, Kojima.

edit: This happens within the first 10 minutes, but whatever. Hope everybody else enjoyed/enjoys it as much as I did.
That's still your avatar. Can customize it at will in the customization menu. Maybe multiplayer? Not sure. Had the same reaction as you when I did it though.

Ignatius

#thePewPewLife
Fuck Quiet. Seriously. Spent 45 minutes playing hide and go seek with her and she capped me in the face during a sandstorm. Only needed to tranq her like two more times.

I ended up just dropping supply boxes on her lol

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
That's still your avatar. Can customize it at will in the customization menu. Maybe multiplayer? Not sure. Had the same reaction as you when I did it though.
It will be used in multiplayer in MGO I believe. There's other reasons for it though, keep playing the game.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
I am on the Quiet mission shortly I believe, so thanks for this - I will make sure not to kill Quiet.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Long Tall Sally she's built for speed
she's got everything uncle john needs
oh baby
whooo baby
yeah baby
gonna have me some fun tonight
yeah

If that's not your heli music you are just doing it wrong.

Also acceptable, Wagner. Scares the shit out of the slopes.

Sorry, carry on.

So, I can't help but notice.. these games are nearly all called Metal Gear Solid, and Solid is only in like 3 of them and one of those is basically a cameo. Fucking liberal lies. It's like the Saw series where the villain is a corpse laying on a slab for like four movies. Not that it matters, they are all pretty much the same personality, repeating the same story, each with a comical inability to detect bullshit.

Anyway, I'm on MGS3 and it's growing on me. I can't do any of the pressure-sensitive button moves without doing some funky rebinding so hopefully that won't be much of a hassle. (fuck it, cut all the throats) But I get a perfect 60 fps and no glitches at 3x resolution w/MSAA if I bump the EE speedhack up one notch. (cutscenes are CPU bound for some reason)

Speaking of comical naivete, you can totally trust the chick you just met who flopped her boobs out for you, Jack. No red flags there at all.

Get it, Red flags.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Er, forgot I had a question. Is it a fucking pain in the ass to set up workable keybindings to use KBM in this, and is it even worth it? (fps like aiming, or lots of aim assist like past MGS?)

I guess I could use Ground Zeros to answer that for myself.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I use an xbox controller for it. No clue about rebinding. I find the aiming is good enough to just use the controller most of the time.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I've only ever used kbm for V. Even the grab to choke being both left has been ok. There's some leniency in the controls. Would love have preferred different keys? Sure.

I am however having some really annoying auto run with no active key inputs and it has definitely caused me to restart at checkpoints after I get spotted because snake decided to keep going past the cover I told him to stop at or rode the horse off a fucking bridge (2x on the stop the tanks mission early on). That was rage inducing.

Edit: Google is telling me that people have had the auto run bug since GZ (which is where I noticed it first) and clearly it was not fixed.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So this is looking more and more like a buy for me. Will pick it up soon.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Long Tall Sally she's built for speed
she's got everything uncle john needs
oh baby
whooo baby
yeah baby
gonna have me some fun tonight
yeah

Also acceptable, Wagner. Scares the shit out of the slopes.
Unfortunately I don't think either of those are in the game. However I do agree with the sentiment.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Unfortunately I don't think either of those are in the game. However I do agree with the sentiment.
Oblig

2783572-5529833747-r2Hd8.jpg