Metal Gear Solid V

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Is it true you HAVE to go back and redo missions in order to advance the story? How many if that is the case? Does it make sense or is that just a time sink bull shit?
I am ~33 or so story missions in and have not had to do this yet. Will update when I get farther. I probably have 35 or so hours in at this point.

My FOB got attacked this morning by a person cause I was in online mode. It was interesting, and I lost cause I am a dumb shit. I will probably try some of that soon just to see if the multi-player is worth playing.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
haha, yeah I'm just going to get it. Enough of you are singing its praise that its worth the price of entry. I mis read the review originally and missed the 1 or 2 hours part so I was thinking they did that as some kind of a time sink to pad content. I really enjoyed the one mission they released on PSN and I imagine this is more and better.
Not a bad call in getting it now. Easily one of the best games this year. One word of advice is to be patient. It's amazing how much content and options open up and I'm not even finished with the first 10 story missions yet. It can be as simple and as complex as you want it as well with the base building and recruitment. I was worried about that part because I don't like playing micro management side games. So the auto assign for base members is pretty slick. But if you ever need a certain level in R&D for an unlock, you can manually shift some higher grade members around to level that higher to get some research done. Plus later the game opens up the mini mission game and you can constantly send your mercenaries (npcs) on timed missions to gather resources.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
rrr_img_109215.jpg

If anyone is wanting to get the game on pc, here's a shot at a discount.

Diemess

Silver Knight of the Realm
So I just finished GZ and extracted all the people I can use in TPP. How do I upload the save file to TPP?

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
So I just finished GZ and extracted all the people I can use in TPP. How do I upload the save file to TPP?
On the main menu of GZ there's an upload saved data to server thing.

Do that, then you should be able to download that file to PP from the main menu in that game

That's on PC, no clue on the consoles, I assume its the same

Diemess

Silver Knight of the Realm
On the main menu of GZ there's an upload saved data to server thing.

Do that, then you should be able to download that file to PP from the main menu in that game

That's on PC, no clue on the consoles, I assume its the same
I'm on Ps4. I uploaded the GZ save file to PSN, but I dont see an option to download the save file in TPP. Is it suppose to be at the title screen?

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I'm on Ps4. I uploaded the GZ save file to PSN, but I dont see an option to download the save file in TPP. Is it suppose to be at the title screen?
Start PP and play through the first couple missions, it probably doesn't open up before you get Mother Base.

Don't expect to get everything at once either, it trickles in as you play the game.

Here's a list of stuff you get and when it unlocks as you play Phantom Pain.

Ground Zeroes Save Transfers and Unlockables - Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain Wiki Guide - IGN

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
i wish fucking Quiet would stop capping dudes after i've neutralized them with the tranq gun.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Start PP and play through the first couple missions, it probably doesn't open up before you get Mother Base.
It's right on the title screen the moment you start the game. I think it disappears from the menu when the online servers are fucked up though, which is most of the time right now.

It better to play offline anyway, even when you're not getting disconnected the servers still don't work very well and it causes lag in a bunch of UI stuff. I sign in long enough to get the daily bonus (which can take a while) and then go offline from the in-game menu.

That said, I hated MGS4 and am not even particularly interested in the series as a whole, and I still think the game is easily going to be a GOTY contender. You definitely don't need to be a Kojima fanboy to love it.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Had a weird glitch/bug tonight. Was playing mission 13 driving the jeep towards the objective on the map and it switched to the cut scene of completing the objective. I was then sitting at the objective. So it helped my completion time of the mission a ton.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
So I haven't played metal gear since the nes. Played the single mission they released last year. I caught up with some video while downloading.

So the prologue... WTF?

That was the most awesome display of complete and total imagination, retardation and LSD fueled story opener I've ever had the opportunity to play.

I'm impressed, confused and a little mind fucked.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah i still have no idea what the fuck is going on in the game story, and everyone being called variations of Boss or Snake isn't helping.

whats really weird to me are the massive cassette tapes, just like hours and hours of Kiefer Sutherland shooting the shit about the 80s. Its cool I guess, but does anyone really listen to them all?

DMK_sl

shitlord
Cool game so far. Fuck some of the story telling is dramatic and over the top. Enjoyable if you just accept it for what it is. What the fuck is with credits rolling after each mission is done?

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
So I haven't played metal gear since the nes. Played the single mission they released last year. I caught up with some video while downloading.

So the prologue... WTF?

That was the most awesome display of complete and total imagination, retardation and LSD fueled story opener I've ever had the opportunity to play.

You're really really really really really gonna have to watch a youtube video explaining this shit then because you've got like 6 or more games worth of completely crazy shit to figure out to even remotely have a chance to understand whats going on here.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>

So the prologue... WTF?

Yeah I played the original Metal Gear on NES, Metal Gear Solid but never finished it, Metal Gear 4 but didn't finish it. (I should finish them all especially now since Snake Eater is 7 bucks on the Sony 20th Anniversary sale on PS Store) I caught up using the link provided here telling the story up until now. The timelines are also not in conjunction with the games and their releases. They jump back and forth a lot between timelines. Add to that the code names of characters, clones of other characters, and good lord... It is almost a game in of itself trying to understand it all. It's worth it though so you know who is who. This helps and is easy to understand:

http://www.gamespot.com/gallery/meta...e-ph/2900-310/

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The first step to enjoying MGS is to accept that no amount of playing, reading, analyzing, etc. will ever end up with the story making the slightest bit of sense. Personally, I'd argue that you're better off NOT knowing what came before MGS5. "Ignorance is bliss" has never been more true about a game series.