Metal Gear Solid V

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Yeah it really pisses me off we cannot have custom soundtracks on our "next gen" consoles. What a joke.

I had custom soundtracks in console sports games since 2005 for Christs Sake. It isn't that hard.

We should at least be able to randomize a playlist for our chopper attack/pick up drop off music with what we have. Right now the Final Countdown is getting pretty old. So unless I am missing it, a random track of what I have selected (Take on me, Maneater, Only time will tell, Final Countdown, Blinded me with Science) would make it a BIT better.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Goddamn, I used to be really good at these games. Got detected half a dozen times, killed 4 guards and got a C on the first mission
frown.png
I am not worrying about ranks my first play through. I will try for higher ranks for the missions etc on my 2nd.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Er, forgot I had a question. Is it a fucking pain in the ass to set up workable keybindings to use KBM in this, and is it even worth it? (fps like aiming, or lots of aim assist like past MGS?)

I guess I could use Ground Zeros to answer that for myself.
I am using a dual shock 4 controller. Not rebound or changed anything other than turn off reflex/auto aim. It still autoaims somewhat (tags to enemies) but lets you do more accurate shots. Game works great with a controller.

16 hours in now, and just did mission 6. I spend too much time just doing what seems to be nothing. Spent hour and a half on the last mission (loot everywhere!), thought I was going to get an F ranking (got spotted in the end so killed everyone in the last base), but ended up with an A. Given up trying to understand that scoring system.

Unless this game completely falls apart later (which it apparently doesn't, but rather keeps getting better) it is easily one of the strongest GOTY contenders.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I am not worrying about ranks my first play through. I will try for higher ranks for the missions etc on my 2nd.
Pretty sure you can just go back and replay any mission you want correct? Or is that not correct and I am assuming that because I can select them?

spronk

FPS noob
Pretty sure you can just go back and replay any mission you want correct? Or is that not correct and I am assuming that because I can select them?
you can go back and replay any mission as many times as you want, definitely makes it fun to go back a few times to try and S rank some of them. I'm sure some of the later ones are going to be crazy hard, even if you know exactly what to do. but I've S ranked the first 5 missions and if I can do it anyone can.

Some early missions will require you to go back if you want to complete all the (optional) objectives, like mission 3 or 4 has one where you have to skylift a cargo container and you don't get that ability till later in the game (i'm not that far yet). You also don't see the list of optional objectives until you actually complete the mission, similar to GTA5.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
There's a side mission I haven't been able to replay I'd really like to
the one where you capture/rescue Huey

Hoping they let me replay that one again later.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Can replay them at any time. Only difference is that once you finish them again, you don't have to get a chopper to end it, and there is no credit ending, it just gives you a notification and score, then puts you in free roam.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
You can leave most missions without getting on the chopper the first time you complete them as well. Just leave the area far enough.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Is it true you HAVE to go back and redo missions in order to advance the story? How many if that is the case? Does it make sense or is that just a time sink bull shit?

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Is it true you HAVE to go back and redo missions in order to advance the story? How many if that is the case? Does it make sense or is that just a time sink bull shit?
Here is what Gamespot said in their review:

" In the lead up to the finale, you need to spend an hour or two replaying older missions on a higher difficulty setting in order to unlock the last story missions. "

It doesn't say how many missions, but it does say an hour or two, so it doesn't seem that long.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
That was a big factor in holding me back from playing. Although I didn't recall the "hour or two" so that does make it less of an issue. Still seems odd, jarring even to force players to do that. Maybe it makes more sense in game.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
That was a big factor in holding me back from playing. Although I didn't recall the "hour or two" so that does make it less of an issue. Still seems odd, jarring even to force players to do that. Maybe it makes more sense in game.
I am about 25-30 hours in and only 9% finished. I'll let you know sometime by 2017 at this rate Ha!

(I am going to start doing more main missions. I have been getting side tracked on side ops too much and screwing around)

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
haha, yeah I'm just going to get it. Enough of you are singing its praise that its worth the price of entry. I mis read the review originally and missed the 1 or 2 hours part so I was thinking they did that as some kind of a time sink to pad content. I really enjoyed the one mission they released on PSN and I imagine this is more and better.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
It's probably based on your average mission rating, or the hero score you get at the end of each? Are there even any difficulty settings? I don't know what that means.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I believe you get the choice to increase difficulty once you pass a certain point in the story line.

GZ had normal and hard modes.