Metal Gear Solid V

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I'm of mixed opinion. I'd like to play it but why is it in a timeframe we've already had games bookending it? Perhaps I just am not enough of a MGS fan to "get it".
The storyline technically ends with Metal Gear Solid 4.

So the only place to go is back. But there are games everything from the 60s going forward, so without doing a Boss prequel set in WW2 where she gives birth on the beach at Normandy during the D-Day invasion, this is what we're gettting.

And its going to be totally awesome.

Szlia

There are several games in which Big Boss is the hero, but then, from Metal Gear onward, the hero is Snake, with Big Boss being the antagonist of the first game. Logic requires that we see him going from hero to antagonist. My guess is that it's what MGS V is about.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Been watching the stream linked earlier. Loving the random shit they do in game. Dragging Eva around the forest and interrogating her and then making Naked Snake sick so he'd throw up on her unconscious body. Good times.

I'll probably grab this.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I couldn't find which stream was linked, but three streamers are doing in depth play-throughs 24/7 of all the games until MGSV release on this channel.

Twitch

Ignatius

#thePewPewLife
MGS 3 was easily my favorite of the series. Can't wait for this
biggrin.png

spronk

FPS noob
been watching the 500 hour stream while they played with ground zeros and damn there is a lot more to that game than i thought, theres tons of extra hidden stuff including playable raiden and tons of little easter eggs. wish i had played more, the recent patch allows you to upload your save game to konami servers which will transfer costumes and NPCs to Phantom Pain. Gonna play a little bit today to unlock some stuff
How to prepare for The Phantom Pain by playing Ground Zeroes : metalgearsolid

Ground Zeroes was free for PS+ and Xbox Gold members recently so most people should have it. Gamestop and Best Buy are both doing midnight releases (not all stores though) 9pm PST for mad max and MGS, gonna pick up my mad max tonight but my MGS CE is being shipped in tomorrow by best buy.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
been watching the 500 hour stream while they played with ground zeros and damn there is a lot more to that game than i thought, theres tons of extra hidden stuff including playable raiden and tons of little easter eggs. wish i had played more, the recent patch allows you to upload your save game to konami servers which will transfer costumes and NPCs to Phantom Pain. Gonna play a little bit today to unlock some stuff
How to prepare for The Phantom Pain by playing Ground Zeroes : metalgearsolid

Ground Zeroes was free for PS+ and Xbox Gold members recently so most people should have it. Gamestop and Best Buy are both doing midnight releases (not all stores though) 9pm PST for mad max and MGS, gonna pick up my mad max tonight but my MGS CE is being shipped in tomorrow by best buy.
Thanks for that link (must spread reputation before adding to Spronk again)! Will have to try some of that. Ground Zeroes is also free if you pre-order on steam now. Since reviews praised it, I went ahead and got it on PC. Figured since Ground Zeroes work so well on PC, the main game will too.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I'm such a slacker. I never beat MGS4, so I fired up my PS3 this week. Will do a speedy run through MGS4 before picking up V. I don't know why I couldn't get through 4 previously, as the prior games are among my all time favorites.

Ignatius

#thePewPewLife
Parts of it weren't bad. The gun customization and market system I thought was really cool, and I enjoyed the MP. The only parts I truly hated were act 2 and parts of 3.

MGS3 is still the all time best imo.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Agree. MGS 3 is so good its stupid. Hoping MGS V outdoes it though, because honestly, for a "demo" GZ is amazing.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Agree. MGS 3 is so good its stupid. Hoping MGS V outdoes it though, because honestly, for a "demo" GZ is amazing.
Of all the remastered series around, I can't really think of a single one that I would be more interested in than a PS4 remaster collection of MGS 1-4. Though the way things are now with Konami I guess that will never happen
frown.png
+1 to MGS 3 is so good its stupid

Zignor 3_sl

shitlord
And now the great debate between PC and PS4 begins.

Obviously I'd get better graphics on the PC, but how much better? I've always done Metal Gear on consoles. Something about these games is really enjoyable while curled up on the couch with the lights dimmed. I can't really do that with the PC. Also, I never played GZ, so the free bundle with the PC version is also temping. Bleh.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
And now the great debate between PC and PS4 begins.

Obviously I'd get better graphics on the PC, but how much better? I've always done Metal Gear on consoles. Something about these games is really enjoyable while curled up on the couch with the lights dimmed. I can't really do that with the PC. Also, I never played GZ, so the free bundle with the PC version is also temping. Bleh.
Considering the MGS games are known for fairly long cut scene expositions, a couch / TV would probably be a good setting for it. I use my TV as my monitor, so no difference for me in comfort, so I get the PC version for most games. GZ seems highly optimized, so will probably run great. It does look better as well. Draw distance especially.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
I just picked up the HD 3 pack and never knew MGS3 had an outtake theater. They are pretty damn hilarious and worth a google if you missed out on them as well. They are pretty spoilerish so I won't leave any but the opening outtake.

spronk

FPS noob
been playing ground zeroes all day to get some extras for phantom pain and man i remember why i quit after just one play through - fucking incapacitate someone, hide them, walk away for 30 secs, and the fuckers are back up. soooo frustrating, hope the stealth stuff is more fun in the regular game

ended up just being a murderous asshole and killed everyone i ran across

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
As weird as it is chucking the guards off the cliff onto the rocks or ocean below doesn't count as a kill. Only way I could free all the hostages and get a kill free clearing was that way.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
tranq darts yo

Also stealth

You have to play it enough to get used to the new stealth mechanics. They are much harder than any other stealth game I've personally ever played. More strict.

Its why the game is so damned good though.