Metal Gear Solid V

Diemess

Silver Knight of the Realm
No, you need to extract all the hostages in the base in each mission, and preferably, extract the Hand and the Eye from I think its mission 3.

Also you need to get all the patches in Mission 1 to unlock the last two missions. Complete all the flashbacks (there's only 7) in the 6th mission, and complete the 7th mission.

Not sure what else. You do not need to 100% GZs though.
Alrighty.

Looks like a GameStop near me has one pre-owned for $20. Whatever

So is The Phantom Pain a open world sandbox game?

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Alrighty.

Looks like a GameStop near me has one pre-owned for $20. Whatever

So is The Phantom Pain a open world sandbox game?
Yeah pretty much. I mean you hop back and forth between Mother Base and the open world a lot, and can get in the helicopter and redeploy to each mission, or you can take one mission, and ride around on your horse completing side missions on your way.

From what I can tell you can't totally free roam at whim, but I may be missing some option.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
From what I can tell you can't totally free roam at whim, but I may be missing some option.
From the main mission menu, you can select a tab that has free roam, not tied to any particular mission. Just pick a dropzone and go.

EDIT:

Just tried it. Not sure about main missions, but free roam also includes any side missions you have.

5K9Tg6O.jpg

spronk

FPS noob
these are my two ref posts from reddit on stuff that xfers over from GZ. Basically I'd just extract a few prisoners (you don't need to go crazy from what i understand, the impact is really minimal), do missions 1-7 in normal mode, and you can go for the extra snake skins if you want.
How to prepare for The Phantom Pain by playing Ground Zeroes : metalgearsolid
MGS: The Phantom Pain - Things I wish I knew from the start : PS4

Keep in mind the MGS servers need to be online for the xfers to work and they are down a lot at the moment. Its not a one time thing, you can upload from GZ anytime and download in PP from the title menu any time. So you can start PP now in offline mode, get past chapter 3, go online, download from the konami servers, and it'll populate your skins and motherbase appropriately.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Droigan again.

Thanks dunno how I missed that!

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
From the main mission menu, you can select a tab that has free roam, not tied to any particular mission. Just pick a dropzone and go.

EDIT:

Just tried it. Not sure about main missions, but free roam also includes any side missions you have.
You can definitely accidentally run in to at least one main mission before you get there while free roaming. I'll keepquietabout which one it was though!

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Did you find the cassette tape 'Recorded in the Toilet' or something like that. At some village I interrogated someone and it marked a cassette tape that wasn't in a boom box, it was sitting outside the John. Shit cracked me up.

spronk

FPS noob
Did you find the cassette tape 'Recorded in the Toilet' or something like that. At some village I interrogated someone and it marked a cassette tape that wasn't in a boom box, it was sitting outside the John. Shit cracked me up.
if you use that tape inside a toilet the patrol guards wont investigate. its a tape of someone pooping

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Question, if you redo a mission to get all objectives, what registers as the canon event? Since the game has auto save I am curious.

Early example: In the third mission, you can extract a vip, as you get the message "it would be a shame to kill him". So I took the time to stealth and extract him. However, after the mission, looking at the completion events, I noticed that one of the mission parts was "neutralize the target at a distance of over 100m".

If I redo that, and shoot him, will he still be at mother base?

Similarly, if I had shot him the first time I did it, could I have redone it and extracted him later?

Will the extract version of events always be the canon save of a mission?

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Pretty sure you can kill him the first time, extract him the second, and he'll still be at mother base, and extract him the first time and kill him the second and he'll still be at mother base. But you only get 1 copy of the guy when you extract him ever. So if you extract him twice, you don't get him two times.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I extracted almost all the people in GZ, but after completing episode 3 of TPP I only got Kojima and maybe a few of the random shitty POWs. Most notably, Glaz and Palitz did not show up, and I don't think the undercover agent or bald guy did either. Will they come in later if I keep doing missions, or is something fucked up either with my savegame upload or that I didn't extract them on Hard?

Also, the 'infiltration suit' you get for owning GZ--is that the SV-Sneaking Suit?

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Yeah they don't all come in at once, you're fine, you'll get the Hand and the Eye in time. Just keep doing missions.

Also, the 'infiltration suit' you get for owning GZ--is that the SV-Sneaking Suit?
Its a sneaking suit.

You get better versions through development later, but its nice near the start of the game for night infiltration.

Knytestorme_sl

shitlord
I love this game so, so fucking much.

Played the bee mission last night, suppressor on my tranq gun ran out just as I was about to complete one objective which left me having to go loud...ruskies called in enough reinforcements that by the time I had one guy left he was calling for reinforcement and command was "Negative, we have no-one left to send, you're on your own"

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
You can call for a supply drop that will reup all you ammo and usables. Costs like 5k and arrives in around a minute

Oh and if you blow up the communications stations they cant call for reinforcements