Metro: Exodus

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
The series has never been known for its quality control. Can't say I'm surprised.

I'd fucking love to get a look at their launch sales. While there is some schadenfreude over the exlcusivity stuff, I would also just genuinely like to see what a non-steam launch looks like for a game like this.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Anyone figure out how to take a screenshot while in photo mode or are you just using shadowplay?

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Game is fucking awesome. Lol @ anyone that paid for anthem.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hekotat

Some screenshots from photo mode. I'm about 15 hours in now and I don't think I'm even remotely close to finishing.
MetroExodus_2019_02_17_11_02_35_881.jpg
MetroExodus_2019_02_17_11_17_35_089.jpg
MetroExodus_2019_02_17_13_57_20_768.jpg
MetroExodus_2019_02_17_17_48_07_243.jpg
MetroExodus_2019_02_17_17_48_29_596.jpg
MetroExodus_2019_02_17_18_30_57_693.jpg

MetroExodus_2019_02_17_11_02_35_881.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I've had it freeze up a couple times on xbox but that's about it. This is the most entertaining video game I've played in the last year or two. It has a good combination of game-play and storytelling that is well paced.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
how important is it to have played the previous two games? I bought exodus on xbox just to support the dev, wasn't planning on getting to it for a few months and i haven't played the prev two games. looks gorgeous tho

• 1Like

Hekotat

how important is it to have played the previous two games? I bought exodus on xbox just to support the dev, wasn't planning on getting to it for a few months and i haven't played the prev two games. looks gorgeous tho

I don't remember any of the story from the first two and I'm doing fine. They do a great job of narrating what has happened since the beginning.

There are sections that are linear and on rails to progress the story, but for the most part it's open world. The story is also very compelling and keeps me pushing forward to see what's going on or what's going to happen next.

It can be very grim and does a good job of showing you how things could go if we nuked the shit out of each other.

Last edited:

Droigan

Trakanon Raider

They are all direct sequels. Same characters and a story that continues. They are great games though, so easily worth the purchase if you haven't played them before.

Not far into this, but started on normal and kind of want to restart on ranger hardcore. Game is around 20 hours I think for a regular play through, but probably closer to 30+ for everything adding even more for higher difficulties.

Hekotat

They are all direct sequels. Same characters and a story that continues. They are great games though, so easily worth the purchase if you haven't played them before.

Not far into this, but started on normal and kind of want to restart on ranger hardcore. Game is around 20 hours I think for a regular play through, but probably closer to 30+ for everything adding even more for higher difficulties.

You can change difficulty on the fly. Unless you're just wanting to do it all from the start.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
You can change difficulty on the fly. Unless you're just wanting to do it all from the start.

You can only switch to hardcore from a lower difficulty. Ranger hardcore is only possible to select at the start. Changes a few elements and also only has autosave, which is the only thing that makes me a bit apprehensive about it since I don't want to encounter the same bug as Cohh.

sukik

I'm in the same boat but I decided to play exodus then play the other two. They start with a small info dump at the beginning to familiarize you with the setting and reference some events that happened in the past, but I'm not lost in terms of plot because this game goes in a new direction. There's also an in game encyclopedia after a certain point that you can use to read up on the events and characters if you miss something. You'd probably have events in 2033 or Last Light spoiled, but if that doesn't matter to you you're probably fine. I certainly am.

Argarth

On the verandah
With the way the exchange rates are right now, I might be waiting until the Steam re-release in 2020 after all, heh.

AUD $91= on the Epic Store and $90= in the local bricks and mortar. Just a tad too much for my liking... this will certainly test my resolve.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

I'm playing the Metro redux($8 on PSN) versions now, figure by the time I finish those it'll be on steam :p

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I’ve played the previous games back to back before this came out twice. You don’t need to play the originals but they are amazing. I’d say it’s similar to Witcher series when it comes to playing Witcher 3 before 2. Game is great. Gorgeous on the Xbox X.
3rd chapter
cannibals was awesome lol

Hekotat

A few days in and I just now realized there are more than 3 gun variants you can swap around.

It appears you can only do it at certain crafting tables. With that being said the ball bearing gun is awesome once you get it all modded, it has by far the least required mats needed to craft ammo.

Vorph

What does the metal detector do exactly? Just realized I never got it in Volga.

sukik

What does the metal detector do exactly? Just realized I never got it in Volga.
It lets you know when you're near something that has resources like a body or container. It was kinda useful for not missing anything but I dropped it for the enemy detector. It's probably way more useful playing on the hardest difficulty.