Microsoft buys Fallout creator Bethesda for $7.5bn

spronk

FPS noob
fuck dem kids

acquisitions ain't stopping, 2 more publishers being announced tomorrow as being purchased and one of them is allegedly SEGA

next xbox will be Microsoft Dream Xbox Cast

• 2WTF
  • 1I Came
Reactions: 2 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
SEGA would be an interesting announcement. They were always a company that was ahead of the curve with tech, but never gave developers enough support to actually make games for their cutting edge systems. I wonder if they'd start to work on the console itself again for MS.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Please Microsoft buy Sony so I can hear the lamentations of the women.

1600863144311.gif

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Why the hell didn't I follow my dreams when I was a teen and form a shitty game development company so that huge ass conglomerates could buy me out for truckloads of cash? I made some bad life choices along the way!

Edit: I decided to see what my favourite sellout, Notch, was up to, only to find out he deleted his Twatter account for the dumbest possible reason! Still, he can cry himself to sleep on his matters made of crisp Benjamins.

Minecraft creator Notch deletes Twitter account

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Fucking Obama. I was going to get a ps5. Is it possible to build a non-noisy pc that runs games okay’ish at 4K for less than 500 freedom bucks for steam? Steam link is kinda meh or is it?
don't you live in euro cuck land where they double tax and vat pc components even further?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I look at stuff like this and to me it's all about (increasing) the value of Gamepass from a MS point of view.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The irony here is that the one IP that I actually still gave the slightest fuck about at Bethesda fucked up so bad with Fallout 76 that I have zero incentive to get an Xboner. Had FO76 never existed, they probably would have gotten my money to buy a new console for FO5. And I know I am far from alone in that line of thinking.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
The irony here is that the one IP that I actually still gave the slightest fuck about at Bethesda fucked up so bad with Fallout 76 that I have zero incentive to get an Xboner. Had FO76 never existed, they probably would have gotten my money to buy a new console for FO5. And I know I am far from alone in that line of thinking.
fus ro dah

microsoft buying betheseda has me wondering if i need a stupid xbox, but if elder scrolls is gonna be xbox and pc, then i don't give a fuck pc master race time

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Bethesda has it in their heads that every game needs to be a shitty MMO lite online grind fest lately. Until there is a clear indication they are finally making a new fucking engine and developing a pure standalone Elder Scrolls, I am done with that franchise entirely.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I look at stuff like this and to me it's all about (increasing) the value of Gamepass from a MS point of view.

Yup. And honestly I think its brilliant. They have even someone like me, who wouldn't even look at the game pass raising one eyebrow.

• 2Solidarity

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Please Microsoft buy Sony so I can hear the lamentations of the women.

View attachment 304555

Dude. I'm serious. I know a guy that would probably commit suicide if that happened. I can start off talking about the weather, and he somehow gets on a rant about Microsoft vs Sony consoles. I'm like look man. I play PC games.

• 2Worf

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
fuck dem kids

acquisitions ain't stopping, 2 more publishers being announced tomorrow as being purchased and one of them is allegedly SEGA

next xbox will be Microsoft Dream Xbox Cast

Japan will swear we dropped a third bomb if that happens.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Why would microsoft buy some bad gay romance sims?

• 1Worf

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Im not sure what to think about this. I mean, this could turn it around for Bethesda? When was the last time we saw a good game from Bethesda? Skyrim and Fallout 4? I guess ESO is a nice cash cow for them, but just does not scratch my mmo needs (boring).

Cybsled

To half you dinks bitching about FO76, it is a much better game than release. The FO76 hate videos don’t even show up anymore from the big channels because the outrage of the month Youtube crew has moved on to other clickbait to farm those sweet ad dollars

• 1Solidarity

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
The people raging about FO76 clearly haven't played it recently. It's actually pretty good now.

• 1Like

Izo

Tranny Chaser
don't you live in euro cuck land where they double tax and vat pc components even further?
Yep. Mostly annoyed sony lost the console wars. Not about to buy shit thrice. Got a large library on steam.

Last edited: