Microsoft buys Fallout creator Bethesda for $7.5bn

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Why the hell didn't I follow my dreams when I was a teen and form a shitty game development company so that huge ass conglomerates could buy me out for truckloads of cash? I made some bad life choices along the way!
Eh. Once you see how much money a shitty thing like Angry Birds or Candy Crush made, you're left to wonder how you could ever miss that.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Dude. I'm serious. I know a guy that would probably commit suicide if that happened. I can start off talking about the weather, and he somehow gets on a rant about Microsoft vs Sony consoles. I'm like look man. I play PC games.
I was watching Bellular late yesterday, and he reminded us that basically, Sony is <100B$ market cap, while Microsoft is >1.6T$. They might not have the cash at hand, but they probably could.

Then, they announce that they keep both console lineup, but anyone developing a game for one has to make a version for the other, and everyone's head explodes.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
MS buys Sony
Bethesda makes Horizon Zero Dawn mmo with Fallout 76 team
Utnayan Utnayan gets to play it in Atmos Dolby surround sound 7.1 big dick setting

giphy.gif

• 5Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Dizzam

Blackwing Lair Raider
The good stuff from this deal is a ways out, but there will be some benefits early on.

Singh'sSpot

Blackwing Lair Raider
Not sure what this means for game releases but will see.

Maybe Human Head Studios can buy back the Prey IP and get on with making Prey 2 and forget about the other one.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Bethesda has been a shit show but I am still interested in Elder Scrolls 6 and Starfield. If they make those exclusive and get ID to work on Halo and make it exclusive I will for damn sure by anothet Xbox but the way things are going ill be getting one first regardless.

Give me a Doom/Halo cross over.

• 1Like

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Bethesda has been a shit show but I am still interested in Elder Scrolls 6 and Starfield. If they make those exclusive and get ID to work on Halo and make it exclusive I will for damn sure by anothet Xbox but the way things are going ill be getting one first regardless.

Give me a Doom/Halo cross over.
Or just play them on PC like you did last time.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users
Back in the 90's you played Daggerfall and dreamed that some day Bethesda would release a true modern Elder Scrolls game with post-Doom graphics. And then they did! And then they kept doing it.

But as a reviewer I can't be trusted. As a gamer, I am pretty "decoupled" from the state of what is happening now. I play MOO2 for some tight gameplay. I do speed runs of super metroid. I play turn based wargames like the Total War series, SSI games, and Talonsoft front games.

I sometimes even rev up ye old

You have not zoned out till you have sub simulator zoned.

I'm just cranky. I like a good online grind, but nothing has called to me, and I've done 2 TLP's and p99 already. I would def do a trustworthy eq2 simulator if they could pick a good mechanics time and implement it well. But that is never happening.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
yeah I like laying on the couch drooling sometimes.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Yeah I wouldn’t google too much about that unless you want Interpol knocking on your door.
So Persona 5 royal with bells and whistles is on semi sale on psn. I don’t get the series at all, like, it has 95% on meta. What’s the deal with this game? I’m playing witcher 3, gta V, d3 and some other randoms. Lego with kids. Will the wife cut my testicles and feed to the crows if I get Persona 5? I can’t tell if it’s an rpg or pedo loli game.

• 1Solidarity

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So Persona 5 royal with bells and whistles is on semi sale on psn. I don’t get the series at all, like, it has 95% on meta. What’s the deal with this game? I’m playing witcher 3, gta V, d3 and some other randoms. Lego with kids. Will the wife cut my testicles and feed to the crows if I get Persona 5? I can’t tell if it’s an rpg or pedo loli game.
dunno got bored quick of it but the weebs on here love it

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
dunno got bored quick of it but the weebs on here love it
I have learned Im just not into the teen drama that is JRPGs any more. Dark Souls is so far ahead of these shit shows it ruined them. None of those look remotely interesting.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users