Middle-earth: Shadow of War (Shadow of Mordor Sequel)

Nester

Vyemm Raider
This thing is pretty big, looks like I was 1/3 done not half. Playing on normal. The first part was pretty standard combat, difficult shot up huge at the 4th area when you really start playing the build your army game. Looks like 6 areas in total. I am seeing a lot of bugs, hopefully a day one patch is ready to go. I did find the pay to win area, it's really only for the second half of the game. my "market" was bugged out.

Pro tips.

When you unlock your skills you get to unlock three other skills that change the first one. You can only use one at a time so don't spend early points opening options you will rarely use.

Money is pointless at first. You get thousands but only spend hundreds, keep earning it, you will need it to buy lot boxes for your army with in game cash if you want to avoid using RL cash.

The ice skills are OP.

Travel is the best part of this game, seemingly unlimited super fast sprints, no fall damage, super jumps while climbing, a second mid air jump that makes you look like Spider-Man. I really hope the new Spider-Man game has this type of travel plus web slinging.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Wow, the difficulty is really innovative in this game. Instead of rendering on my primary monitor it's on my left portrait monitor. It's tough controlling Aragorn while craning my neck and having a low horizontal field of view, but conquering the challenge is really satisfying. a+++ game

• 3Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Max rendering option is 8192x5120. I think only some Samsung prototype phone can render at that, but it really shows you how advanced the game is.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
people who bought the physical xbox one gold edition are reporting the season pass is redeeming as a copy of the digital game instead of the season pass. probably get fixed soon, but kinda interesting since its a cross play game

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I did find the pay to win area, it's really only for the second half of the game. my "market" was bugged out.

Oh good the pay to win is only for the SECOND half of the game not the first that makes it all so much better.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Well so far I have had no reason to pay RL cash, in game Cash on the weak boxes work fine. I think I am almost done with no incentive to pay at all. Loot boxes are dumb, but the “ need” seem exaggerated so far.

I withdraw my previous comments about a difficulty spike. You just need to adjust from run and gun to brand strong orcs to kill your enemies for/with you.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Yah, I wonder what all of us will do once the money grubbers have ripped apart every last thing about gaming that we hold dear. I honestly don't know.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Some idiot on the SA forums (Why the fuck do I still even go there anymore, it's a rat infested 3rd party marketing shill site now with half the posters over there under pseudo handles working in the industry promoting their own shit, and shit decisions with it - is beyond me) said that "Who finishes games any more anyway? Like 5%?" basically saying the pay to win aspect of the game is a not issue because statistically, they won't finish anyway! :p

Unreal these assholes.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
watching streams the game seems pretty buggy, especially at 4k

• 1Like

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Some idiot on the SA forums (Why the fuck do I still even go there anymore, it's a rat infested 3rd party marketing shill site now with half the posters over there under pseudo handles working in the industry promoting their own shit, and shit decisions with it - is beyond me) said that "Who finishes games any more anyway? Like 5%?" basically saying the pay to win aspect of the game is a not issue because statistically, they won't finish anyway! :p

Unreal these assholes.

Heh. Yah. I'll tell ya who'll finish your fucking game. Gamers. Not fake gamer geeks putting on a show for twitch. Fuck, I even finished Agents Of Mayhem. On the easiest difficulty, but still I finished it. I'm not talking about gamer girls, because I know of plenty of guys who'll do the same exact thing.

"Oh shit, this is difficult. Bye."

*facepalm*

• 1Solidarity