Middle-earth: Shadow of War (Shadow of Mordor Sequel)

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
yeah just stop, it was fun to play along for a while but now you're just annoying.

• 2Salty
Reactions: 1 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
playing on nemisis difficulty i'm getting fucking steamrolled

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Pussy, brutal is the only setting that matters.

meh I can't get far on nemisis, but I havn't even started the first story quest i'm just running around the first city leveling up orcs with my death.

i'm sure you started on brutal?

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
So do I need to finish the first game to enjoy the story in this one?

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hey did you know that Ilsilduur was a trans-ringwraith...

It is in this neat new comic coming out next year.!

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Hahahaha story in this game.

The ending is just as anti-climactic as you'd expect from everything else. Just skip the cutscenes.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
meh I can't get far on nemisis, but I havn't even started the first story quest i'm just running around the first city leveling up orcs with my death.

i'm sure you started on brutal?
In my current playthrough I set it to brutal at start and never changed it.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
The first few hours of the game are the hardest.

Once you unlock some skills and get some synergistic equipment things really open up.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
fucken used my 5 rage skill thingy to fuck up a hard boss guy and right before he's dead the red eye of S pops up on my little circle map and he 1 shots me from full health. fml

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
So I started doing some online conquests and steamrolled the scrub-tier forts they gave me because my assault score is initially low.

This totally ruined the brutal-tier care I gave orcs because the online conquests are all in normal difficulty. I had to realign when I went back to making progress in shadow wars. Kind of annoying.

But now I'm stuck on a level 85 epic defender commander that summons elite defenders, uses curse, has no chance and is immune to everything. He also one shots me with every attack.

I think I've got a few strats I want to try tonight including:
1. Trying to isolate his defenders up in the rafters, then just try to dominate + raise dead as much as I can while essentially avoiding him.
2. Trying to isolate him from his defenders in the rafters, then use a threshing sword + glaive spam to kill him.

I desperately want to dominate him though, he is an almost perfectly rolled overlord. Depending on the threshing sword + glaive spam efficacy, it might be almost impossible to kill him in the minute or so you need to in order to reliably get gold.

spronk

FPS noob
for ps4 new game is $19.99 at gamestop (physical) and you get season pass with that as well, this week. ps4 only