Middle-earth: Shadow of War (Shadow of Mordor Sequel)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Rude

Potato del Grande
I'll probably wait for the "Ultimate Edition" or whatever the hell they'll call it is released and marked down.

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
fucking morons, lol.

Still, Shadow of War is my goty.

Downloading this now, in like 2 hours I can play. The first one was great for mindless fun after I finished it. It scratches the "kill hordes of enemies game" itch for me.

I held off on this originally because the micro transactions even though I enjoyed the first. Now since it's on sale for $30 i'm sure i'll get my money's worth.

Argarth

On the verandah
Really liked the first one, but this was a "never buy" for me due to the MTX fiasco. It's only a game, and my life will be none the poorer for having missed it.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Really liked the first one, but this was a "never buy" for me due to the MTX fiasco. It's only a game, and my life will be none the poorer for having missed it.
That's one way to look at it.

The other way to look at it is that if they drop MTX and a bunch of people buy it, it drives home how badly they fucked up with MTX.

So really, not buying multiple copies of this game right now just supports MTX in the future. I know I'm up to ten copies so I'm doing my part.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
So come July 17th Shadow of War is getting a huge (free) patch that really improves on the game.

Besides improving specific parts about the game (ex: turning off saviors, reducing beast-slayers, higher XP cap, lines for dark talion, mirian dump via legendary training orders), I think this patch is proof of life for the game, showing they are going to keep updating it. It really sucks that this game was so stunted by a media reaction to retarded $$$ shop, I'm sure the budget for continuation of the game would've been much, much higher if they just had cloaks and skins in a cash shop.

I'm planning on doing a fresh playthrough. I guess there's a way to use cheat engine to make custom orcs, so I'll find a way to bring back my buddy, Az-Laar the Destroyer. I wonder if I have a savegame with him in it...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
ISILDUR WASN'T A FUCKING RINGWRAITH GOD DAMNIT! AIAEAREFIJHAFEIHASDFKLHAEHFJLASEIFHASFAHDFLHIEHOAIHEDFAFHAUHD

• 1Salty
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
I'll definitely be interested after the changes go live. Will at least go into my pile of games to pick up.

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm learning this so fucking late in my gaming life but it seems more and more, it's just best to give games a year+ and they're often in so much better shape than at launch. Unfortunately half of the fun is playing AT launch while everybody is talking about it. Especially if it's a multiplayer game.

Will give this another go once this goes live, thanks for the post Tuco Tuco

• 1Like

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
Its finally closer to the game it should have been when it launched. Worth a buy.

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
They resurrected him as a ringwraith.

i'm glad I wait to buy, now that you've spent enough tucobucks on loot crates the company can afford to just give ol'patient kiroy all the good stuff for free

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Looks great. They've improved the game in a lot of ways and replaced the microtransactions with what appears to be a good in-game system.

The game was already super fun. The $15 per DLC crap is the only thing left to hate.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Was ultra excited about this before all the retardation at launch. I will probably pick it up soon, let it "marinate" in my backlog, and play it (hopefully) sometime before 2020...

• 2Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
They resurrected him as a ringwraith.

ISILDUR WAS NEVER A GODDAMN RINGWRAITH! THE NAZGUL WERE CREATED MORE THAN A THOUSAND YEARS BEFORE ISILDUR DIED AND NONE OF THEM DIED SO THERE NEVER WOULD HAVE BEEN A VACANT RING TO GIVE TO ISILDUR!!! AIAEAREFIJHAFEIHASDFKLHAEHFJLASEIFHASFAHDFLHIEHOAIHEDFAFHAUHD

• 1Salty
  • 1Like

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So, I bought this during the Steam summer sale for $19.99, and it was totally worth it. The game is tremendous fun. I am level 31 so far, clearing out the fortresses and all the collectibles.

Really looking forward to the big patch tomorrow and finishing the story when they rebalance the end-game.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
does the update come out today?

edit: fuck me this shit is back up to 60, guess i'll be waiting for xmas sale

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Can't wait to replay this. I found my save game and still have AZRAL THE DESTROYER aka the best Olog-hai this side of Hogwarts. I might even promote him to a ringwraith. Gavinmad Gavinmad

I guess you can transfer wealth to new games by garrisoning orcs, so I'm going to garrison my top orcs, then blow my $$$ on buying legendary training orders for orcs who I can garrison and get legendary gear.

Not sure which gear I'm going to get. Right now I'm thinking Threshing Sword, Arcane Bow and Arcane Dagger, but maybe I should get a piece of warmonger gear and a couple Dark items.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I am a little disappointed they got rid of the cash shop though. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with my USD, maybe just wait for the next Star Citizen ship to come out to invest it properly.

• 1Cringe
  • 1Repost