Middle-earth: Shadow of War (Shadow of Mordor Sequel)

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I'm not one of those I guess.

They didn't have to do jack or shit for the dudes family. They could give them a nickel of every dollar and I'm sure they'd be happy because it's more than they would have got otherwise.

Ill expect none of you to be talking about this game at launch since none of you will be buying it since you're taking such strong social stances on it.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
They should have just put him in the game as an easter egg, linked the family's actual fund ( Help Michael Forgey (Mike 4G) fight cancer ) and made a sizable contribution.

This "One of our guys died during development so we made a DLC you can buy and sometimes it gives money" is just retarded and sloppy all around.

I mean, people in huge dev teams die all the time. It doesn't and shouldn't be a big-deal customer facing issue. Repeat the common trope of putting a cemetary with a few RL gravestones in it. Give him a special section in the credits roll. Don't try and shove a weird looking character onto people for the low price of $5.

Still, I don't really view this as a cash grab. They aren't making shit off this, they're just retarded. If anything this supports my opinion of attributing the DLC snafus to stupidity, not malice.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Ladro/Zaphid, you two need to understand that WB Games has a legal department that is more than capable of supporting one of their contracted dev teams when they ask for help setting up a charity. You also need to understand that their parent group WB Studios Legal department is constantly dealing with international law and has regional support contracted world wide. You're kidding yourselves if you think there is any plausible reason outside of greed that they can't set up a matching system for international purchases or mirror charities that feed directly back into a master account for the dev's family on 01/2020.
I feel like Monolith's decisions re: DLCs doesn't get closely reviewed by WB's legal A-team. If anything this was a retarded idea pushed by a moron in monolith that nobody cared to fight back for political/office culture reasons, and because they're in crunch mode to get this game finished and released.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
They should have just put him in the game as an easter egg, linked the family's actual fund ( Help Michael Forgey (Mike 4G) fight cancer ) and made a sizable contribution.

This "One of our guys died during development so we made a DLC you can buy and sometimes it gives money" is just retarded and sloppy all around.

I mean, people in huge dev teams die all the time. It doesn't and shouldn't be a big-deal customer facing issue. Repeat the common trope of putting a cemetary with a few RL gravestones in it. Give him a special section in the credits roll. Don't try and shove a weird looking character onto people for the low price of $5.

Still, I don't really view this as a cash grab. They aren't making shit off this, they're just retarded. If anything this supports my opinion of attributing the DLC snafus to stupidity, not malice.

That's a reasonable way to look at it I think. Maybe my caring also has to do with that I rarely get DLC stuff as well.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
One more month boys. I don't care about the noise, I'm ready for this.

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
One more month boys. I don't care about the noise, I'm ready for this.

Same. They've done some super stupid shit, but the first game was just way too much damn fun. "Fun" is the key word.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
An In-Depth Look At Middle-earth: Shadow Of War's Skill Tree

Treasure Hunter - Unlocked by finding all Gondorian artifacts in the open world
Automatically collect loot from defeated enemies.

• Upgrade 1: Discerning Eye
    Increase your chances of high-quality gear drops from Captains or higher-ranking Orcs.
  • Upgrade 2: Mind Breaker
    Increases Domination speed.
  • Upgrade 3: Prospector
    Increase your chances of receiving higher quality Gems from defeated enemies.
ugh. Put nonsense collectibles in the game if you must, but don't put game-changing abilities behind them.

• 1Worf

Palum

what Suineg set it to
It's ok because you can just buy them from RNG lot crates instead

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
It's gone officially overboard - as a result I will not be buying this or playing it.

So many lines being crossed here it isn't even funny.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, so disappointing. After the game play reveal a few months ago, I was so hyped. The dirty fucking corporate shenanigans are out of control with this one. I can't believe the amount of shit they think they can get away with anymore.

• 2Like

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I got 100% completion in the first game and when I found all the artifacts and runes (I love finding collectibles and do in all games) I was sad to see there was no reward for doing so, you didn't even get Xbox achievements for it.

So for me, I'm happy to see such a big reward for finding them all this time. It actually gets me excited to do all that again.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I got 100% completion in the first game and when I found all the artifacts and runes (I love finding collectibles and do in all games) I was sad to see there was no reward for doing so, you didn't even get Xbox achievements for it.

So for me, I'm happy to see such a big reward for finding them all this time. It actually gets me excited to do all that again.
You know what gets me excited? Fun and challenging gameplay.

You know what bores me?

Non-gameplay collection bullshit just to get +gooder stats in a game I'm otherwise enjoying.

And you know they're going to have more relics than a mithril cuirass has rings, because you know they're going to shove 4 relics everywhere a level designer jerked off after a couple hours of work. It makes me think that they don't expect the online competitive play to be that engaging at a top level, because usually e-sports games don't have this kind of collection bullshit, which is usually relegated to single-player games.

They can put "Don't put critical rewards behind non-gameplay related tasks." in the long list of things they've fucked up.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Man, I guess I'm glad I find it easier to get enjoyment out of things than you.

Also wiithoutbseeing other rewards, abilities and the percentages this boats anything you can't even fairly asses it as "critical rewards". Your knee jerk reacting over a collections reward because you don't like collections.

This just in, guy doesn't like certain aspects of games others may. More at 11.

Don't buy it and be done with it dude.

• 1Picard

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Man, I guess I'm glad I find it easier to get enjoyment out of things than you.

Also wiithoutbseeing other rewards, abilities and the percentages this boats anything you can't even fairly asses it as "critical rewards". Your knee jerk reacting over a collections reward because you don't like collections.

This just in, guy doesn't like certain aspects of games others may. More at 11.

Don't buy it and be done with it dude.
Tarrant, if you're that easily entertained why don't you save yourself some $$$ and go outside and collect leaves. Because that's the gameplay you're getting excited about.

Meanwhile I'm going to blow the shit out of your fortress the second it comes on the map, with or without getting leaf-collecting bonuses.

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
So you just confirmed it will not only not impact you, you now have an advantage over people like me.

Cool, stop crying about it then.

• 1Salty

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
So you just confirmed it will not only not impact you, you now have an advantage over people like me.

Cool, stop crying about it then.
Tarrant, I've always had an advantage over leaf collectors, this game changes nothing. Like hell if I'm going to stop crying about developers asking me to collect leaves. The 10 things I collected in SoM before realizing it was boring was bad enough.

• 1Worf

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Tarrant is going to buy a ton of orcs off the Microshop Tuco. You won't stand a chance. His Visa is at the ready.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Well stupid choices of microtransactions and DLC aside, they've target a good release window. Nothing really in the span of twoish weeks before it and another week until more major releases (South Park and Elex (Elex might not count, I'm excited for it though)). With an October 10th release day, I might buy it. If it came out on the 17th, both South Park and Elex would be bought before it. Then the week after it would compete against Destiny 2 (PC), new super mario, new AC and Wolfenstein 2.