Middle-earth: Shadow of War (Shadow of Mordor Sequel)

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Im hoping out hope this is a retarded marketing group given too much reign by a stupid producer and not some systemic trip to shittsville land of cash grabs.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Im hoping out hope this is a retarded marketing group given too much reign by a stupid producer and not some systemic trip to shittsville land of cash grabs.

Incorrect

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
Everything about this is sad...The first game is one of my all time favorites. This is becoming the gold standard in how to fuck a franchise.

• 1Solidarity

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
As kids we flipped our shit at video game stuff in cereal boxes.

Today we get pissed when they are in party pizzas.

Last edited:
  • 1Picard
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
As kids we flipped our shit at video game stuff in cereal boxes.

Today we get pissed when they are in party pizzas.

It's not really about the partnering with tostino's, it's more that it confirmed it's a no kidding pay to win / pay to progress possible fortnight light style model. Like I previously said, this was a day 1 purchase but now the only way i'm paying full price is if reviewers / streamers say it was all a mistake and these boxes make no difference in your strength / power / grind during gameplay.

Sulrn

Deuces
-shrug- still day 1, still will be enjoyed for me

untitled.png

caption

• 1Worf

Ladro

Anomaly
If you're on the fence with this, hopefully this helps you decide.

This video is a little unfair in the sense that there's probably a bunch of legal and regional requirements that prevent the collection of charitable contributions from countries outside of the US. The state limitation is pretty normal because every state has certain legal limits or requirements that need to be met for something like this.

Now, it still sounds a little shady but unless you were present for the business case justification of this DLC and have a firm understanding of all the legalities in play for globally distributed payment systems, I don't think anyone can make these claims without sounding like you have a torch and pitchfork.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
This video is a little unfair in the sense that there's probably a bunch of legal and regional requirements that prevent the collection of charitable contributions from countries outside of the US. The state limitation is pretty normal because every state has certain legal limits or requirements that need to be met for something like this.

Now, it still sounds a little shady but unless you were present for the business case justification of this DLC and have a firm understanding of all the legalities in play for globally distributed payment systems, I don't think anyone can make these claims without sounding like you have a torch and pitchfork.
Agreed, this looks more like a result of time/legal/resource constraints, but when it makes you look like a huge dick, it'd be better if you haven't done anything at all. The whole "buy DLC to support a dead guy's family" is weird as hell to me.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>

He addresses the legality stuff and gives his thoughts on what should be done (should have been done) towards the end. WB has lawyers who could have figured out a way to "match" funds from the DLC by giving a contribution to XYZ. ect ect

The fact that it was 3.50 out of every 5 going to the family is bad enough though, all other things aside.

Sulrn

Deuces
Ladro/Zaphid, you two need to understand that WB Games has a legal department that is more than capable of supporting one of their contracted dev teams when they ask for help setting up a charity. You also need to understand that their parent group WB Studios Legal department is constantly dealing with international law and has regional support contracted world wide. You're kidding yourselves if you think there is any plausible reason outside of greed that they can't set up a matching system for international purchases or mirror charities that feed directly back into a master account for the dev's family on 01/2020.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Hell, forget for a minute about the international stuff. Why the hell are they leaving out 6 random US States? It's piss ass easy to set up charities in the US that include all 50, don't tell me WB can't figure even that out.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's a company trying to add gacha grabs into a single player Bat-Creed game, no one should have any doubt in their mind that they are heavily greed motivated. Because obviously.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Who cares? -shrug-

Anyone who cares about Video game publishers pulling shady shit with their games.
Anyone who cares about Video Game publishers skimming off the top of a charity drive set up out of sympathy for one of their employees who died from cancer.

• 1Like