Middle-earth: Shadow of War (Shadow of Mordor Sequel)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>

Gameplay trailer coming on March 8th. Release is August 22nd. Loved the first one, can't wait.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malkav

French Madman
This is a nice surprise.

Games these days are always announced like years before release. Having such a high caliber game being announced just 6 months before release is a nice change.

Looking at the trailer, I really hope we get to command Balrogs and our own Nazghuls with the new Ring.

Last edited:
  • 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Randin

Trakanon Raider
First game was a trifle barebones, but still really fun; looking forward to this one.

So in the first game, pretty much all your superpowers came from being bound to the wraith. Since it looks like this game basically opens with you losing the wraith, but gaining a ring, does that mean that you'll get an entirely new set of powers? It'll be interesting to see how that pans out.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I've been replaying the 1st one since I got a ps4 pro last week.

Looking forward to more of this game. I love the random str/weaknesses system.

I hope we have a little more flexibility with building out own branded army and engaging in battles.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I hope you don't become insanely OP towards the end of the game. The first zone was the best for me in SoM simply because you didn't have your entire toolkit. Eventually, even on the higher difficulties, you can just ignore the str/weakness because you yourself are a literal walking god and can take on infinite orcs and 3+ captains at a time.

But playing SoM it always felt like a great game and even great execution but I always felt that the sequel will be better since there was just so much they could have added on

• 1Solidarity

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
I liked the first game.

After I finished it I would randomly play just to run around killing orcs and clearing forts when drunk or bored because the game play was "fun".

Looking forward to seeing improvements to the nemesis system and new skills.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I liked being super powered at the end of the first, but it made the nemesis system pointless, too. Some kind of balance there would be nice. Supposedly the teaser was pushed early even because of the leak from Target of the game box.

Anyway, all they really have to do here to keep me interested is keep the combat fun, expand that a bit, and improve the nemesis system (which almost everyone liked the concept of but said it needed to be fleshed out so can't imagine they don't revisit it).

• 1Salty

Stave

Potato del Grande
Hope they ditch the stupid nemesis system this time around. It was cool the first few times, then just felt tacked on. Also hope they ditch the Assassins Creed feather collecting shit.

• 2Salty
Reactions: 1 users

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
shit, I need to upgrade my rig by the time it comes out. Not good that it releases one day after my birthday

Nester

Vyemm Raider
So happy to be blindsided by this announcement.
On my 3rd replay of the first one.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I did not play the 1st one until at least a year after release. I am so backlogged on games that I seldom buy them new because I can get an awesome game I never played for under $20.

BUT this time...this fucking time...I will pre-order & Neck Beard/Sock Poop with all you nerds! Long live the nerds!
giphy.gif

• 1Smuggly
  • 1Solidarity

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, best way to sum up the first one was that it was just "fun". Really enjoyed my 45 hours I put into it.

• 2Solidarity

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think GMG had the first one pre-order super discounted to where I got it for like $32 or something. Some of the Arkham games had OK pre-order discounts too. Keep an eye out. At worst can probably get 20% off.

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
I'm all-in on this game. I loved the first one and I had a huge amount of fun exploiting the nemesis system and murdering the shit out of orcs so my pawns could advance. Just good fun. The story was a bit silly and the game got repetitive but I just straight enjoyed it. Plus I like becoming a God near the end of a game. It makes me happy.

• 1Solidarity

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Yeah I'm replaying through the first now as I never finished it and I still love it. The revamping/expanding of the Nemesis system looks awesome....all of it looks great. Can't wait for this. (So glad to have a system to play in again)

Last edited: