Mike Rowe responds to a complainer

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
https://www.facebook.com/TheRealMikeRowe

Off The Wall

Hey Mike

I see that you are now publicly supporting the annual nightmare of San Francisco?s Fleet Week.Mike Rowe Talks About San Francisco Fleet Week. | All Things AeroUgh.

Once again, the Blue Angels will destroy an otherwise peaceful Sunday. They?ll buzz our homes, shake our windows, terrorize our pets and children, and put the city at needless risk. Once again, I?ll look out my window and see a Navy Destroyer parked in the Bay. For what purpose? I can?t believe San Francisco tolerates this annual chest-thumping propaganda. Very disappointed you see you supporting this.

Frances in San Francisco
First part of his response, lots more at his facebook page.

Hi Frances

As I?ve said before, I love San Francisco. I really do. But I worry sometimes that our little town has managed to get its head so far up its own ass that we?re now in danger of vanishing altogether. Every year, protesters gather to bemoan the very things you mention, and every year, they miss the point entirely. Fleet Week is more than a festival or a parade. It's more than a personal assault on your view of the Bay. Fleet Week is about Humanitarian Relief, and a reminder that the US Military is our best hope of surviving the next natural disaster. It's also a chance to say thanks to the people that make these very protests possible. Question - did you actually watch the video?

....more at facebook.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
The whole bay area is a literal liberal cesspool. Still remember those commie fucks in Berkley that protested the usmc recruiting office at the height of Iraq.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Well, it shouldn't be long now before Rowe is fired. #SJW #downwithpatriarchy

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Fleet Week is annoying, but the air show is pretty cool. Just sucks when I'm trying to be lazy and stay at home and you hear those cancel everything out whenever they fly by. Which is all day.

Dreamforce starts today and that might be worse.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Doesn't it only last like thirty minutes? Lol. Hubby and I were riding our bikes on the Tiburon Loop and only heard it briefly.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Doesn't it only last like thirty minutes? Lol. Hubby and I were riding our bikes on the Tiburon Loop and only heard it briefly.
They practice all week though. It really is almost all day everyday. But, as mentioned, it's only four days out of the whole year. And as long as you're out it's not bothersome at all. Having military bros take over the city and looking to start fights with everyone is the worst part of Fleet Week.

Fury

Silver Knight of the Realm
On the upside, the city makes bank during the week as everyone around the bay flocks to SF to see them.

It's also funny to see certain people knock the bay area as a "literal liberal cesspool", and yet Fleet Week is
here every year. It makes me wonder if there is a city that embodies the U.S. more than San Francisco. Doubtful.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
On the upside, the city makes bank during the week as everyone around the bay flocks to SF to see them.

It's also funny to see certain people knock the bay area as a "literal liberal cesspool", and yet Fleet Week is
here every year. It makes me wonder if there is a city that embodies the U.S. more than San Francisco. Doubtful.
Kind of hard to have fleet week in Dallas or Atlanta or Phoenix.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Are the Blue Angels only a thing in a few areas? Always had them at least nearby in the Maryland/New England area once or twice a year - and already had a Blue Angels event down here in Florida as well (I'm near Cape Canaveral/Patrick AFB so it's not shocking) - they less routine for most people?

They're not even that damn noisy anyhow unless maybe you've got styrofoam walls or something....

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
I live in Dallas and have for almost twenty years, I can vouch, it's fucking terrible. Unless all you do on vacation is go to strip clubs and do cocaine....then it's awesome.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Well this is the first time I've ever been remotely interested in going to Dallas.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
They practice all week though. It really is almost all day everyday. But, as mentioned, it's only four days out of the whole year. And as long as you're out it's not bothersome at all. Having military bros take over the city and looking to start fights with everyone is the worst part of Fleet Week.
Portland has a fleet week in late spring every year and it's the same way. Downtown turns into a bunch of drunk sailors trying to stick their dick into the first thing they see or trying to fight someone cause no one would let them fingerbang the fat chick on the street corner.

It's the worst.

iannis

Musty Nester
I don't know that I've ever seen a Blue Angels spectacle in person.

You have to go down to the Air Force Base if you wanna see it, in these parts. I think they put on a show once every so often.