Mike Rowe responds to a complainer

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Air and water shows are garbage for dumb rubes.

They should cancel fleet week but not because of the SJW bullshit. They should cancel it because as an adult your pinnacle of entertainment shouldnt be loud noises and colored smoke

iannis

Musty Nester
It is rube-y. But at the same time it's kind of an impressive feat of piloting a lot of the 2 minutes of "JET PLANES VROOOOOOOM" I've seen over the years.

You can say the same thing about NASCAR though and I've heard many people say the same thing about NASCAR.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
have you ever considered that fleet week is also a vacation week for sailors who spend months at sea?

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
have you ever considered that fleet week is also a vacation week for sailors who spend months at sea?
A lot of them are also just stationed in San Diego. So instead of terrorizing Mission Beach they terrorize North Beach.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The "more" on Facebook:

Over the years and all over the world, our military has saved more lives than all the other first responders in every humanitarian organization combined. San Francisco Fleet Week is all about pioneering a new way to combine military and civilian assistance, and what?s going on here is serving as a model for Fleet Weeks all over the country. As I type this, our military is training local firemen in the latest search and rescue techniques. Hundreds of local doctors and nurses are observing peer to peer exercises that demonstrate a variety of medical breakthroughs. Today, over a million residents will have a chance to tour a state of the art Humanitarian Village set up in Marina Green. How cool is that?

If you deemed it important Frances, you and your kids could tour a realistic shock trauma expeditionary hospital. You could drink water pumped out of the bay and purified by reverse osmosis, or see firsthand various demonstrations of solar power and other kinds of practical energy we?ll need when the next quake hits. Or, you could bitch about the noise and reduce the whole event to parade for the Industrial Military Complex.

Obviously, I?m biased. I?ve flown with the Blue Angels and toured many of those destroyers. I?ve worked with every branch of the US Armed Forces, and met thousands of soldiers along the way. I like them. Spending time with them makes me feel good about our country. That?s why I speak on behalf of the Post 9-11 GI Bill. That?s why I attend the Marine Corps Ball every year. That?s why I?m doing what I can to help connect more of our troops into careers in the skilled trades. But as for Fleet Week, I support this event because I'd like to see us survive the next big quake. And believe me Frances - it's coming. That?s why I?m involved. My question is - why aren?t you?

Come on down to the Marina Green around 3 this afternoon. It?ll be fun. If you're nice, I?ll buy you a cup of purified water, and let you put a tourniquet on my neck.
As for blowback, Rowe lets his opinions fly pretty often but its never really insulting. He just stands his ground and has a pretty matter of fact, traditional leaning, down to earth take most of the time. He's become sort of a minor right-wing social media hero, but much more intelligently spoken than the usual Limbaugh/Hannity/Beck sort of tripe they seem to gobble up. He posted a pretty strong and impressive take down of that ALS ice bucket challenge a bit ago and kept coming back to defend his position as well. I always liked Dirty Jobs but I don't know what he's on now or watch/subscribe to TV anymore.

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
Air show? Buzz-cut Alabamians spewing colored smoke from their whiz jets to the strains of "Rock You Like A Hurricane?" What kind of country fried rube is still impressed by that?
rrr_img_78767.jpg

Silence_sl

shitlord
The "more" on Facebook:

As for blowback, Rowe lets his opinions fly pretty often but its never really insulting. He just stands his ground and has a pretty matter of fact, traditional leaning, down to earth take most of the time. He's become sort of a minor right-wing social media hero, but much more intelligently spoken than the usual Limbaugh/Hannity/Beck sort of tripe they seem to gobble up. He posted a pretty strong and impressive take down of that ALS ice bucket challenge a bit ago and kept coming back to defend his position as well. I always liked Dirty Jobs but I don't know what he's on now or watch/subscribe to TV anymore.
It was a good response:

Not Throwing Cold Water on a Cause | Mike Rowe

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Since when are air shows strictly for adults? Kids love that shit; I know I did when I was younger. There is one every year here in Sacramento, and they practice Thursday and Friday and then have the show Saturday and Sunday. It is held literally less than five miles from my apartment and work, so they fly over frequently. I never once thought to complain about it.

I enjoy seeing them fly overhead, but I haven't been to a show in at least a decade, probably longer. However, whenever it is on the news, you see a shitload of kids. If there was a dinosaur show, would you guys say that was bullshit too because you've grown out of it? Kids love this shit. I don't even have any fucking kids and I get that it is valuable to them. You never know what is going to inspire kids, and maybe the kid that figures out how to improve engine design or something similar is going to an air show this year.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Fleet Week is annoying, but the air show is pretty cool. Just sucks when I'm trying to be lazy and stay at home and you hear those cancel everything out whenever they fly by. Which is all day.

Dreamforce starts today and that might be worse.
Confirmed biggest faggot in San Francisco. The Blue Angels are awesome and I used to look forward to them coming every year.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Confirmed biggest faggot in San Francisco. The Blue Angels are awesome and I used to look forward to them coming every year.
You're from Montana. It's the only thing in life you have to look forward to. The Blue Angels are fun...once.

Northerner

N00b
I just got back from San Fran. The fact that it was fleet week was annoying but whatever. I spent almost all my time in the core or dogpatch and honestly, wouldn't have even known it was going on if it wasn't for the price hike on all the hotels.

I did see a lot of military bros but wrote that off as just usual American exceptionalism.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
You're from Montana. It's the only thing in life you have to look forward to. The Blue Angels are fun...once.
I'm talking about during the 10 years that I lived in the bay area dipshit.