Military Service

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I've been a dirty defense contractor for all my professional career. Does that count?

I may do army reserves and do chemmy if I transition into a GS position at the current agency I support.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Yeah there are alot of vets here. I think im one of 4 Navy if I remember right?

I dont recall any Marines by name, but we are heavy 90-2008 or so Army

There is also at least 2 air force fags and no puddle pirates to my memory

Semen calling AF fags??? :oops: jk, did my only deployment mostly at a Navy base. Some good people.

Want some fucked up statistics? Look at home of records for those who served in the military.

Liberal strongholds are at the bottom of the barrel in terms of participation rates.

Oddly enough, after southern states and Texas, I think I met more people from CA than anywhere else. Was nice not paying any state tax while I was active, though.

6 years active Air Force. Felt I did pretty well with my short time there. Just got out a year ago. Used my GI bill to get a Master's, which is probably the most valuable thing I took away.

Pretty sure the old thread is buried somewhere on this forum though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

SeanDoe1z1

AF, 5ish years. Probably returning as a contractor shortly. Civilian life is alright, but missing the job satisfaction and not sure I want back in the GS side.

always in small shops but honestly most people I met were from such a wide range of places. I couldn't put a major local out there.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Army 12B from 89-93.

Not going to DLI was my greatest regret from my military service. It was offered to me, but I turned it down as I wasn't sure I wanted to extend my enlistment from the 2 years+training I had to 4 years. Then I wound up re-upping and doing 4 years anyway.

I've wondered what language I would have ended up learning. The Berlin Wall came down while I was in basic, so I would have reported to DLI during the transition at the end of the Cold War, and before Desert Shield. I spent the Gulf War watching it on AFN in Korea.

Other than getting to blow shit up occasionally, that MOS looked boring as fuck (but then again, that's a lot of MOSes).

The only minefield I ever encountered were those fake ones with the fake concrete mines stateside, during field exercise bullshit. That had to be a huge fucking PITA to set out. Like...guys just walking around a field putting concrete mines out? /wrists. We had to go look at a tank once, we didn't know what was wrong. Just "go here, check it out". Pull up to a field; guys point to a treeline and says the tank is over there. So I pull into the field and start heading that way and the next thing I know people are yelling at us and waving. I see one of the guys (phrase/acronym escapes me now) who watches the exercises and carries the God-guns for MILEs to make sure you're dead. Dude is trying to shoot my 88. I'm wet, haven't bathed in like 2 weeks, almost no sleep, exhausted and cranky as fuck. Oh, and our MILEs gear didn't work (hehe). I didn't know WTF is going on, and I didn't care. I just want to go check out the tank, finish, and find somewhere to hide so we can sleep. Turns out I drove right into a field of those concrete mines (grass was high; it was Fall) and never saw them. Weird thing was, my COC didn't care at all. To them, our mission was to recover and fix shit, not actually train during the exercises like everyone else did.

I had a really good ASVAB score and a couple years of French is high school. They offered me a 6 year enlistment (I think Monterrey then Huachuca?) but I turned it down like a fucking retard because it was 6 years.

I took one French class later in college, and struggled because I'd forgotten most of it, and I've now forgotten most of what I relearned. I think I'd need to actually be immersed in it to learn it and retain it,and there sure as shit aren't a lot of people speaking French in the middle of the US.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Sorry. I'm 4F. Registrant not acceptable for military service.

That doesn't matter.

The only people that bug me are the ones that denigrate those who've served, enjoy the benefits they receive w/o appreciation, whine and cry nonstop and act like soldiers are all baby killers.
My Air Force job qualified me to operate a firework stand when I got out, but hey so does a PoliSci degree I suppose.

What...did you work on ejector seats, or something?

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
I tried to serve but they disqualified me because my balls were too big.

• 1Seriously?

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
One of my most vivid WOW memories was during an Onyxia raid. The warrior tanking her was basically trailer trash....went afk halfway through, came back in tears to say his girlfriend just left with their baby then carried on tanking

He went on to join the US military where he flew drones, lol

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Active Navy. I came to this later in life. I've basically never had a career, just one short time gig after another. I just got to Japan in April so I'm really digging that. I do think the Navy is quite poorly run relative to my private sector employment, and the quantity of paper sailors is ridiculous. I do my thing during the week and check out Japan on the weekend. I don't see myself making this a career. I want one, but I'd rather open a taco stand than invest my life in this significantly corrupt and hypocritical enterprise. Hopefully I can score a career in a field I'm enthusiastic about afterward.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

spanner

Silver Knight of the Realm
Did 20 in the USAF in aircraft maintenance and continued doing basically the same job after retirement.

• 1Like

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Active Navy. I came to this later in life. I've basically never had a career, just one short time gig after another. I just got to Japan in April so I'm really digging that. I do think the Navy is quite poorly run relative to my private sector employment, and the quantity of paper sailors is ridiculous. I do my thing during the week and check out Japan on the weekend. I don't see myself making this a career. I want one, but I'd rather open a taco stand than invest my life in this significantly corrupt and hypocritical enterprise. Hopefully I can score a career in a field I'm enthusiastic about afterward.

What’s your current rate? Can give you an ideas of what your job prospects can be on the way out.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Sounds like my story, what boat were you on?
Sept 2000 to Sept 2004 I was on the USS ALASKA SSBN-732 (gold). When I reported onboard, she was in the middle of being overhauled from a c4 trident to a d5 trident boat. I road with the Ohio blue crew to get my fish in early 2001.

What about you?

Last edited:

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Buddy of mine that was in the Navy posted this on FB then told me the story of how accurate this type of shit is.
45247883_914305318780258_7418241975775657984_n.jpg

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
From my point of view after 4 years in the Marines was there was really only two type of people in the military after their initial 4 years;

Those who love America or have an awesome job.

and

Those who could never hack it in the real world and usually have a dependa or two with a kid with each of them so they only care about hitting their 20 so they can go jerk off for another 20 in some federal blackhole.

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
Man initial of 4 years... My initial contract was 9 years and I already had a degree.

Things are a bit different overhere. Most tech and officer occupations take like 3 years to complete qualifications (infantry, cooks, supply and the likes are a lill more than a year). Things are ran with the expectation people will do their full 25. Folks leaving after only 4 years basically held a spot in the training system for most of their time in and requested a release within their first year at a real unit.

• 1Like