Military Service

Rais

Trakanon Raider
I've had a few people off themselves from my old unit. These were guys who never went outside the wire at all. They were commo or S1 monkies. I don't think it's the combat that breaks these people. I think the military offer things to people who are looking for a void in their life, and when it's gone it breaks them in a way. Sure combat and seeing people blow up will scar you, but how does that describe those who never saw it.

I enlisted in 97 for infantry and reclassed to 31b in 2005. I had vacationed in Tikrit and Kandahar. Working directly with General Raziq in Kandahar was the crowning moment in my service life. Dude was a cold stone killer but loved his country. That tour ended up being cut short from my leg being ripped from my hip. Army totally fucked me and the VA took care of me. Was at 17.5 years of service and would have loved to have retired from the Army. Now nothing but bitterness towards the Army and how fucked the command is overseas who seem more than willing to risk their troop's lives for a fucking bullet on their OERs.

I hope that bronze star tickled your prostate while my troops were overworked and were killed.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Close, 2006-2009 Ohio Gold, after it was converted to SSGN. I loved it in Bangor. STS as well, got to E5 and just couldn't see myself being a chief and in charge of the division so I just got out and went to college.
Were you sonar? If so, did yall get an arci upgrade or still roll with the q5?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I've had a few people off themselves from my old unit. These were guys who never went outside the wire at all. They were commo or S1 monkies. I don't think it's the combat that breaks these people. I think the military offer things to people who are looking for a void in their life, and when it's gone it breaks them in a way. Sure combat and seeing people blow up will scar you, but how does that describe those who never saw it.

I enlisted in 97 for infantry and reclassed to 31b in 2005. I had vacationed in Tikrit and Kandahar. Working directly with General Raziq in Kandahar was the crowning moment in my service life. Dude was a cold stone killer but loved his country. That tour ended up being cut short from my leg being ripped from my hip. Army totally fucked me and the VA took care of me. Was at 17.5 years of service and would have loved to have retired from the Army. Now nothing but bitterness towards the Army and how fucked the command is overseas who seem more than willing to risk their troop's lives for a fucking bullet on their OERs.

I hope that bronze star tickled your prostate while my troops were overworked and were killed.

We had a lot of conspiracy theories about the bolded point there. I do not believe it happened at the platoon or company level. But it certainly happened at Bat/Brigade or higher. At times there were extremely peculiar mission compositions that seemingly had no purpose and solely went into known hot areas within Baghdad. We came to the conclusion that the point of those missions was just to get shot at and give the Colonel a nice bullet point or something. 2nd Brigade 82nd ABN Colonel got his dick shot off in 2007 doing shit like that though. Which got down through the ranks from the medics and the wife gossip back home. Came home an inch shorter! Hope his purple heart and OER bragging rights was worth it son!

The airborne combat jump into Afghanistan was known to be this kind of thing. The jump was into an already secured area and 90% of the jump were officers and the only enlisted on the jump were the joes who had to actually do work, collect parachutes and all that garbage. Got that sweet mustard stain though!

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
The airborne combat jump into Afghanistan was known to be this kind of thing. The jump was into an already secured area and 90% of the jump were officers and the only enlisted on the jump were the joes who had to actually do work, collect parachutes and all that garbage. Got that sweet mustard stain though!
You didn't hear it from me, but same thing with the 173rd jump into Iraq. Shit was already cleared out prior to them jumping in.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
You didn't hear it from me, but same thing with the 173rd jump into Iraq. Shit was already cleared out prior to them jumping in.
Makes you really wonder sometimes perhaps what our readiness is for any "real" war. Granted most other countries seem like even bigger shit shows in comparison.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I never served but wish I did. I didnt really understand what joining meant back then. Respect to those that did. I have a lot of military friends. Know several submarine nukes, one of them is a very good friend. Because of them I know how gay Sonar Techs are. They love the ST gay jokes from a civilian, cracks them up.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Look at petrious or whatever general i bang my reporters are jump citation. Complete and utter joke.

• 1Like

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Go Navy Video coworker made of a styrofoam dick they had on the boat. It got confiscated after it showed up in the female berthing hence the video.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Not sure a better thread for this.

I have a home on a VA loan. I want to sell this house and buy a new one. Can I transfer my VA loan during this process?

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Not sure a better thread for this.

I have a home on a VA loan. I want to sell this house and buy a new one. Can I transfer my VA loan during this process?

You can transfer the terms of the loan to a qualified veteran buyer. Otherwise your next use of the VA loan has an increased loan origination fee.

• 2Like

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
You can transfer the terms of the loan to a qualified veteran buyer. Otherwise your next use of the VA loan has an increased loan origination fee.

Forgive my ignorance. Why would I transfer the loan? Wouldnt I just accept a sale price, pay off the loan and be done?

Im a fucking moron at this and dont know how i managed to buy a house in the first place.

• 2Like

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Thank you all our forum members who serve/have served.

MAGA

• 3Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Forgive my ignorance. Why would I transfer the loan? Wouldnt I just accept a sale price, pay off the loan and be done?

Im a fucking moron at this and dont know how i managed to buy a house in the first place.
It's kind of a bonus for having a VA buyer and seller. I haven't heard of it happening ever, but I'd hope you could get some kind of additional concessions out of the buyer if you're transferring a lower interest rate than they'd be eligible for otherwise (say you got a 3.5% rate, and rates are now at 5%, you're giving them a 1.5% interest rate break...if they were buying points that'd be worth like $20-30k).

• 2Like

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
What are your thoughts on the Russian submarine fleet when comparing it to America's?
Trick question. Russia doesn't have the technology for a submarine fleet.

• 1Worf

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
Not sure where to put this but figure this is the best place. Amazing story and loss. I live a pathetic life after reading this.

"....But maybe telling her stories will shed just enough light on one of the greatest women to ever wear her nation’s uniform...."

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't want to downplay what she did, but the way that reads to someone who was in the community, it tries to make things sound a lot cooler than they really are.

If she were a man, no one would bat an eye at those credentials (outside of the education part, which is pretty impressive given the demands of deployments).

• 1Like