Military Thread

Sulrn

Deuces
I really liked Ft. Campbell. The post was nice and the people were very friendly. I could barely walk around without getting asked if I needed a ride somewhere.

I'd totally be willing to move to Kentucky my experience was so positive.
Before Ft Knox was rebuilt it was pretty much the same way, however it was all the military wives doing the offering in hopes of a good lay while everyone was deployed

Got about 5 weeks left here at AIT at Fort Gordon. I'm really ready to be out of the TRADOC environment. Outside of doing PT at 0430 every morning, not being able to drink alcohol is probably the biggest bummer. No biggie though. The people here are pretty cool. Found out a couple of weeks ago I'll be going to Ft. Campbell, KY. My ERB says I'm projected to go to an Air Defense Artillery regiment but someone told me that might just be where everyone goes for in-processing there. Pretty sure they'll want me to go to Air Assault school once I get there. My knee has been a bit messed up but my run time has improved pretty well since I've been here. Anyways, thought I'd drop an update while I had a little free time.
Let us know how Air Assault goes. I heard it's more like Airborne now that they made it two weeks instead of a single week from hell.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Before Ft Knox was rebuilt it was pretty much the same way, however it was all the military wives doing the offering in hopes of a good lay while everyone was deployed

Most people were deployed at the time. The people giving me rides were mostly civilian women.

WHERE THE FUCK WERE YOU WITH INFO THIS BACK IN 2003

Sulrn

Deuces

Most people were deployed at the time. The people giving me rides were mostly civilian women.

WHERE THE FUCK WERE YOU WITH INFO THIS BACK IN 2003
Getting rides from stripper bus drivers offering to show me hottest places in town, most likely. Ft. Knox was baller redneckville -- now it's just redneckville isn't it? Especially with "courtesy patrols" frequenting where Joe goes.

Pollo

Silver Knight of the Realm
Downside of being in the military as it downsizes. Theyre gonna do everything to make life a living hell to get rid of as many people as possible.
Pretty much all branches are doing force reduction boards to reduce the size of the force. The selection rate to E7 this year in the Army was 24.2%, which is crazy. Then the rest of them go to a quality management board and a lot of Soldiers are going to get an opportunity to pursue their interests elsewhere. Shit, they held a board just to kick out Majors. Fuck it though. I've got sanctuary and they couldn't kick me out if they wanted to.

As far as Air Assault being two weeks (10 days, actually). I've been in since 1995 and it has been two weeks for as long as I can remember (I went in 99). With shit becoming less pussified, it may be getting tougher again.

Sulrn

Deuces
During the 2000s it was 5 days of hell. At any point you could be dismissed or a day zero restart if the black caps liked you enough. Outside of the recruiter/SERE schools, it was the toughest course in the military at the time. Physically intense, academically challenging, and still requiring the local post mind fuck games and attention to detail for the slingload inspections.

Sarg_sl

shitlord
Fort Campbell isn't bad, I prefer going down into Clarksville (or obviously further down to Nashville) more than most anything on the Kentucky side of the border.. not that theres anything wrong with Kentucky, just more to do when you go south. Air Assault is kind of a joke. I can't speak much for it when it was a one week show... but now its pretty much an easy pass as long as you're not a retard and can ruck 12 miles in 3 hrs w/ i think its 35 and a ducky?

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
I'm a 25C (radio operator/maintainer). My platoon sgt here told me her husband had to go to air assault school three times before he made it through and she said he was running 14 minute two miles. She told me they smoke the shit out of you then make you run two miles. Apparently its not so bad at first because it starts downhill and then you gotta run uphill for the majority of the way. My run time is my biggest weakness as far as PT goes so I'm really not looking forward to that shit. Being 29 and 55 lbs heavier than I was several years ago, my knees give me my biggest problems. My run time has continued to improve at AIT but I'm really not sure I can get where I need to be in 5-6 weeks and get a go at air assault school right off the bat. Anyone know what happens if you just can't make the cut?

Sulrn

Deuces
Restart or disenrollment depending on the situation. Day 1 is APFT and smoke session now I think or is that MFT?

You can do anything in five weeks. Run 3-5 miles two days a week, bike intervals two days a week, swim or ruck one day a week.

If you need help with everything else too, hit the benning website, RANGER training battalion, theres an introduction to RANGER /welcome letter that has a 30/60/90 training plans included to get you ready for RASP.

eenis_sl

shitlord
The boot ass generals at the top want to kick us out, they want soldiers who shine boots, who focus on admin, ya know the really important stuff

Sulrn

Deuces
The boot ass generals at the top want to kick us out, they want soldiers who shine boots, who focus on admin, ya know the really important stuff
Having Soldiers, Airmen, Marines, and Sailors that can pass a PFT is fairly important to me. I'd assume the rest of the nation would agree. Having a force that can maintain it's medical readiness at least deployable status wouldn't hurt either. I'm sure you're tired of all the broke dicks in the rear that never deploy, right? What about all those assholes that make the entire force look bad, you want them gone too, right - you know, the ones that get in theater and abuse HN civilians or come home after running on a water treatment team for 4 months and beat their wives bloody because "PTSD". Are they losing good personnel, definitely. Are they getting rid of the trash, certainly. It's life in a Democratic party garrison force and history repeating itself for the umpteenth time.

The force is cutting fat. Pick up your bloody panties and Soldier the fuck up. If you're performing to spec, know your job (including your god damn admin), and want to be in - then you'll be fine. NEWSFLASH: The Military trains in the rain and it fucking rains shit and piss post-conflict. Did you join because you wanted an easy ride for that sodden vag or did you want to be a part of the best military in the world? This isn't the god damn boy scouts; get yourself squared away or get the fuck out of the way.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I personally am happy thinking about one absolutely terrible snco that I knew will not be able to re-enlist under the current climate.

Sarg_sl

shitlord
I'm a 25C (radio operator/maintainer). My platoon sgt here told me her husband had to go to air assault school three times before he made it through and she said he was running 14 minute two miles. She told me they smoke the shit out of you then make you run two miles. Apparently its not so bad at first because it starts downhill and then you gotta run uphill for the majority of the way. My run time is my biggest weakness as far as PT goes so I'm really not looking forward to that shit. Being 29 and 55 lbs heavier than I was several years ago, my knees give me my biggest problems. My run time has continued to improve at AIT but I'm really not sure I can get where I need to be in 5-6 weeks and get a go at air assault school right off the bat. Anyone know what happens if you just can't make the cut?
If you get dropped at any point in the course, you just restart at the last point you were on, whether it be the written exams, or even just the final 12mile ruck - its a joke really, all you have to really be able to do is pass a PT test the first day or two (and no, they don't actually 'smoke' you at all, sure you may do a few extra things before - but that word is way overused and not accurate in this case), not suck at the written test stuff for sling loading, and not fall off a tower like a tard and you're pretty much good.

Sulrn

Deuces
Definitely sounds easier. With the current political environment I'm surprised they'd make one of the more popular schools easier. Doesn't mesh with the whole get right or get out mentality you see everywhere else. More chest candy for all I guess?

Pollo

Silver Knight of the Realm
During the 2000s it was 5 days of hell. At any point you could be dismissed or a day zero restart if the black caps liked you enough. Outside of the recruiter/SERE schools, it was the toughest course in the military at the time. Physically intense, academically challenging, and still requiring the local post mind fuck games and attention to detail for the slingload inspections.
Toughest course? Nonsense. Air Assault was easy as fuck minus Zero Day (which wasn't that bad either). Outside of Ranger and SF Q course, nothing is really too hard physically. Most of the "harder schools" are all about memorization. Jump Master wasn't hard, it just required good muscle memory. Pathfinder is the hardest school I have been to because of the sheer volume of information I had to memorize.

Air Assault School is 10 days. That's why it's called "The Toughest 10 Days in The Army."

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I personally am happy thinking about one absolutely terrible snco that I knew will not be able to re-enlist under the current climate.
Yeah so many that aren't going to make it. I should have stayed in. I couldn't stand my peers being absolute shitbags and me being the one that had to make the junior Marines lives a living hell all the while cleaning up the messes that my peers and seniors made .... I couldn't do it for 7 more years. Just couldn't do it.

eenis_sl

shitlord
Having Soldiers, Airmen, Marines, and Sailors that can pass a PFT is fairly important to me. I'd assume the rest of the nation would agree. Having a force that can maintain it's medical readiness at least deployable status wouldn't hurt either. I'm sure you're tired of all the broke dicks in the rear that never deploy, right? What about all those assholes that make the entire force look bad, you want them gone too, right - you know, the ones that get in theater and abuse HN civilians or come home after running on a water treatment team for 4 months and beat their wives bloody because "PTSD". Are they losing good personnel, definitely. Are they getting rid of the trash, certainly. It's life in a Democratic party garrison force and history repeating itself for the umpteenth time.

The force is cutting fat. Pick up your bloody panties and Soldier the fuck up. If you're performing to spec, know your job (including your god damn admin), and want to be in - then you'll be fine. NEWSFLASH: The Military trains in the rain and it fucking rains shit and piss post-conflict. Did you join because you wanted an easy ride for that sodden vag or did you want to be a part of the best military in the world? This isn't the god damn boy scouts; get yourself squared away or get the fuck out of the way.
Listen motard, im focussing on the shit like the new appearance regs, I never said dick about PFT's or being a good soldier in general. How the fuck does the placement or location or number of tattoos affect a soldiers combat performance? It fucking DOESNT. Yet these fucks at the top try to run the Army likes its a damn corporation.

Fadaar

That guy
Aircraft maintenance in the AF is such a shit show. There's some things I'm going to miss when I finish my enlistment, but there's a much longer list of things I won't.

Chesire_sl

shitlord
Listen motard, im focussing on the shit like the new appearance regs, I never said dick about PFT's or being a good soldier in general. How the fuck does the placement or location or number of tattoos affect a soldiers combat performance? It fucking DOESNT. Yet these fucks at the top try to run the Army likes its a damn corporation.
The new appearance regs are basically the pre 2006 regs brought back into play . Same shit as the peace dividend years , when they made peoples lives pure hell for fuck ups made years before . In the holy fuck better smarten up, this clean up detail every weekend for 6 months sucks ass , or other fun things like sign in at the CQ desk every two hours for 16 hours a day on days off period of enlistment .

Sulrn

Deuces
First off, you didn't say dick all about anything but the sand still stuck in your pussy. Secondly the regs are almost identical to the ones from the 1980s. Everyone was complaining about wanting old school military back, well here it is on it's way back.

As far as tattoos:

The Soldier's Creed_sl said:
I am an American Soldier.
I ama warrior anda member of a team.
I serve the people of the United States, and live the Army Values.
I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.
I am disciplined, physically and mentally tough, trained and proficient in my warrior tasks and drills.
I always maintainmy arms, my equipment andmyself.
I am an expert andI am a professional.
I stand ready to deploy, engage, and destroy, the enemies of the United States of America in close combat.
I am a guardian of freedom and the American way of life.
I am an American Soldier.
Straight out of your creed - disciplined, maintaining yourself, being professional. It's about uniformity and not being an individual anymore. No one is stopping you from getting tattoos. They're only stopping your from getting shit that disrupts military bearing and your professional appearance. It doesn't matter about your combat performance - it's about looking the part and recreating the atmosphere that instills and reinforces discipline. Or do you feel like you should keep that scraggly ass pubic hair on your face too because it doesn't effect combat performance either.

This is all about getting rid of the trash (fatties, sex-offenders, malingerers, malcontents). You say its not about being a good Soldier -- it very much is, whether you can see the big picture or not.

Semirelated
rrr_img_65497.jpg

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Just because someone can run a 300PFT doesnt mean theyre better than someone who can only do a 250.