Military Thread

apex

Golden Knight of the Realm
Got approved for Palace Chase finally. Just need to work with the recruiter to find a job at my home base and I'm out. Though getting ahold of the recruiter seems to be a god damn miracle these days. The in service recruiter is barely ever working it seems. Regardless, hoping for an easy transition to the weekend warrior status. It will be good to get back to my family and have some sort of control over my livelihood instead of the Air Force telling me to suck it up and bend over.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
For my former and current Air Force bro's: 14E5 SSgt results came out today; I made it testing my first time and with less than 3 years Time in Service (3 year mark is this November). Woo!

That said, 3 more years until I'm out and can (try) to get a real job...

Fadaar

That guy
My roommate made BTZ and Staff his first time. He came in November 2009 (SrA some time in late 2011) and tested in 2012 and made it. Think out of the 8 people in my shop that made it (6 avionics, 1 E&E, 1 engines) only two were first time testers. Everyone else was on the 2nd or 3rd. Me on the other hand... well I'm out in September (with terminal done at end of August) so I elected to not even test.

apex

Golden Knight of the Realm
For my former and current Air Force bro's: 14E5 SSgt results came out today; I made it testing my first time and with less than 3 years Time in Service (3 year mark is this November). Woo!

You made BTZ then? Grats bro.

Made it in this round. Going reserves anyways though. Got my shit turned in and hope to out process and start terminal early August woo!

SnowFart_sl

shitlord
My sons and I.

2ypkho4.jpg

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
Do any of you know how long it takes DFAS to correct pay issues? I just switched banks and didn't get paid yet. My old account is still open and everything and there's nothing new there. Just a little worried because my Mortgage is always due on the 1st.

Moonball

Lord Nagafen Raider

Congrats! I made E5 my first time testing also way back in 1985. 3.5 yrs I think it was. Never made E6 missed it a few times by less than 1%, PFE was always a bitch. Finished my BSEE and got out. Do miss the USAF though, worked on AC-130H gunships and then F-111D/F; was lots of fun reflecting back on it. Real job now pays a lot better :p

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
A coworker is retiring. One of the guys had a shell laying around. I had a new round made and I've taken on the task of polishing it. Second picture is just after one hour of rubbing and it's already starting to look good.
Dude is going to be impressed for sure. Beats the shit out of the usual thank you certificates and other trinkets.

rrr_img_92287.jpg

rrr_img_92288.jpg

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
Oh yeah, I'm going to whip out the power tool the next time I work on it. It just was so coated in grime and greasy stuff, working it by hand felt like the best option to get it started.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Oh yeah, I'm going to whip out the power tool the next time I work on it. It just was so coated in grime and greasy stuff, working it by hand felt like the best option to get it started.
That's what she said.

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
Been in Air Assault School the past week and a half. Day 9 tomorrow, testing out on rappels and then having our 12 mile ruck on Wednesday morning. Some of the people that I work with said it was pretty easy for them and they got off pretty early when they went through. We were the last class with the winter packing list but seems like they stepped up their smoking your class a lot more for us and keeping us an hour or two longer than previous classes. It could just be the team I'm on but it's been a pretty physically demanding week and a half so far. Got some gnarly bruises from tying those swiss seats and a little plantar fasciitis flaring up from being on loose gravel all day. Besides that it's been a pretty good school to attend. We lost about 40 people the first couple of days and got replinished by about 30 recycled folks.

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
Woops, forgot about that post here.
Original with final result.

rrr_img_94636.jpg

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The fact it looks like winter before and spring after makes it look like a hell of a long process!

Great looking result though!

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
My dad was in the Navy on destroyers in the 70's, he's frequently mentioned he wishes he would have taken home some brass. He said they just used to throw it overboard as I recall (memory might be wrong on that aspect.) He said when they were at port in (I believe) the Philippines people would beg for the casings, and he said someone on the ship once threw one down and sank a little boat some Filipino guy had.

I've looked at buying him one on a couple of militaria sites but they were quite expensive as I recall from the last time I looked.

That looks awesome.

Here's the site I was talking about. They run $200-$600!

Heavy Ordnance Catalog

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
My dad was in the Navy on destroyers in the 70's, he's frequently mentioned he wishes he would have taken home some brass. He said they just used to throw it overboard as I recall (memory might be wrong on that aspect.) He said when they were at port in (I believe) the Philippines people would beg for the casings, and he said someone on the ship once threw one down and sank a little boat some Filipino guy had.

I've looked at buying him one on a couple of militaria sites but they were quite expensive as I recall from the last time I looked.

That looks awesome.

Here's the site I was talking about. They run $200-$600!

Heavy Ordnance Catalog
Back in the day one of my roommates was able bring back a 155mm round that had been fired at 29 palms. Must of been a illumination round as the casing was pretty well intact, just rusted all to hell. Only way he was able to hide it and bring it back was due being a survey guy and the guy he drove around with didnt give a fuck lol. Remember walking into my barracks room and thinking what the fuck.