Mindhunter

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
All the time spent on the personal lives during season 2 was a pretty big let down. Maybe they will come back to it down the road.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
All the time spent on the personal lives during season 2 was a pretty big let down. Maybe they will come back to it down the road.

Really? I thought it gave good insight into how they become biased to the work they are doing. The story with Tench's weird adopted son being at the murder of the 2 year old, showing all the signs of being a sociopath, and him trying to justify it was great because of how off-putting it felt.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I was fine with the Tench side story (thought there was too much of it) but Carr's side story did nothing to enhance her main character aspects in a way that made it worthwhile to watch. It felt like the only purpose it served was to give weight to the asshole hitting on her at the party

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Wow, the real Kemper is actually way more emotionally connected to reality and society than show Kemper was. I still think the actor did a great job, but I can see why they muted his personality as much as possible for the show. Real Kemper is basically a sociopath having a conversation with buddies at the bar. He makes everything hes saying sound almost normal, like its every day conversation. I dont think a regular audience would have bought an exact replica of that on screen as plausible or realistic (even though there have been many well known and widely documented examples of it, like Ted Bundy). Realizing a lot of serial killers really aren't noticeable, deviants of society can be pretty uncomfortable.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Realizing a lot of serial killers really aren't noticeable, deviants of society can be pretty uncomfortable.

No need to worry. In addition to not being able to spot them sociopaths are famously resistant to treatment as well and charismatic enough to get you to believe the opposite.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think I bitched enough about it, idk, it jsut should have been a better show than it was. I don't think that's the fault of the topics, the Atlanta child murders was a fascinating topic to take on. Just poor execution and poor storytelling. I'm not happy about it going away, but also it was degrading in quality anyway, rather see it just go out than continue down that path.
I thought that plotline worked decently well. My complaints about the season were mostly due to the completely out of place lesbian shit, and his son.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
The son thing was just a colossal waste of show time. We got what 2 minutes of Manson but the son is in all of the episodes?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The son thing was just a colossal waste of show time. We got what 2 minutes of Manson but the son is in all of the episodes?

Still not as much of a waste as Anna Torv's character was in S2 though.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Still not as much of a waste as Anna Torv's character was in S2 though.
i mean i could see the son being a legit 5 year story, where we see "seeds" of crazy from the kid and its ironic that they can't see he's a murderer in the making... like no one is thinking "so like hey where did you adopt this demon child from? lets abuse our FBI powers and get some info"

but lesbian lady? like what was the point?

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
heard an interview with john douglas (the real mindhunter)

he actually had that guy stay with him and let him(the actor) study him, but he said all the actors are tired, cuz of fincher, like that one scene where he explained what he did at the bbq, took 77 takes and fincher is a perfectionist but netflix won't let him go

so don't hold your breath for season 3 for a long while

he said it's supposed to span 5 years(seasons)

Last edited:

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yea it seems like its not gonna happen. The show is fantastic and so well done.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Angry Season 4 GIF by The Office

• 1Mother of God

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
First season: great
Second season: wish I had stopped after season one

• 1Like