Mindhunter

Fedor

<Banned>
I highly recommend John Douglas' books like Mind Hunter: Inside the FBI's Elite Serial Crime Unit, The Anatomy of Motive, etc.

Edmund Kemper - Wikipedia

On April 20, 1973, while waiting for his mother, 52-year-old Clarnell Elizabeth Strandberg, to come home from a party, Kemper fell asleep and was then awakened by her arrival. While his mother was sitting in bed reading a book, she noticed Kemper enter her room and said, "I suppose you're going to want to sit up all night and talk now." Kemper replied, "No, good night!", before waiting for her to fall asleep and returning to bludgeon her with a claw hammer and slit her throat with a knife.

He then decapitated her and engaged in irrumatio with her severed head before using it as a dart board; stating that he "put [her head] on a shelf and screamed at it for an hour ... threw darts at it," and ultimately, "smashed her face in." He also cut out her tongue and larynx and put them in the garbage disposal. However, the garbage disposal could not break down the tough vocal cords and ejected the tissue back into the sink. "That seemed appropriate," Kemper later said, "as much as she'd bitched and screamed and yelled at me over so many years." He then had sex with his mother's corpse, hid it in a closet and went out to drink.

Kemper then left the scene in Hallett's car, driving eastward, leaving California and through Nevada and Utah. He arrived in Pueblo, Colorado and, after not hearing any news on the radio about the murders of his mother and Hallett, found a phone booth and called the police. He confessed to the murders of his mother and Hallett, but the police did not take his call seriously and told him to call back at a later time.

Several hours later, Kemper called again asking to speak to an officer he personally knew. Kemper then confessed to that officer of killing his mother and Hallett, and waited in his car for the police to arrive, arrest him and take him into custody, where he then also confessed to the murders of the six students. When asked after his arrest what motivated him to turn himself in, Kemper said: "The original purpose was gone ... It wasn't serving any physical or real or emotional purpose. It was just a pure waste of time ... Emotionally, I couldn't handle it much longer. Toward the end there, I started feeling the folly of the whole damn thing, and at the point of near exhaustion, near collapse, I just said to hell with it and called it all off."

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Netflix is on a tear. Finally starting to legitimately compete with HBO content. This, Stranger Things, Ozark, Narcos. All excellent shows.

I think I liked Ozark more than this.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Slow as fuuuuuuuck, might turn some ppl off, it's a 9/10 series though, so man up, pussy.

And yea if you watched murder shows or listen to murder podcast like my fav murder or last podcast on the left, this series is for you.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
3 eps in. Hooked. The guy who plays Edmund Kemper is great.

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
Solid fucking show. Best parts are the killer interviews/when Holden mind fucks these people but I'm surprised to be so hooked on the theory behind it all. Eagerly looking forward to S2. 9/10 indeed.

• 1Like

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
Good show. I get how the low attention span spell it out for me each episode crowd might not be in to it but fuck em. The only thing that bothered me for whatever reason was him catching the girlfriend in the classroom never being addressed. Highlights his sociopath/autistic behavior I guess but it seemed like a real pointless throwaway. Unless I missed a scene, which is possible.

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
The way he handled the breakup was crazy. Didn't even let her talk. Ended the relationship with her asking "Is that what I'm doing?" And he responds with I'll pick up my shit later or something. Fucked up.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Just finished this. Really good overall. I especially like how the younger FBI agent is being portrayed as going through all the same stages of personality disorder as his subjects. The character was starting to become insufferable until the last episode of the season which I thought was a very fitting end to S1

• 1Like

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Really great series and can't wait for the next season. Also this features a killer sound score with some amazingly forgotten old tunes in it. Fantastic stuff. Netflix really are riding high.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I liked that they started applying techniques as they learned them throughout the show. I also liked how Ford seemed to be sliding more and more in line with those he was studying. Great ending too.

DaliLhama

Golden Squire
Good show, shit had me glued episode to episode.The actor that played the co-ed killer was amazing, hell most of the cast was amazing. New season wont be till 2019 it seems, and they hope to make 5 seasons.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Good show. I get how the low attention span spell it out for me each episode crowd might not be in to it but fuck em. The only thing that bothered me for whatever reason was him catching the girlfriend in the classroom never being addressed. Highlights his sociopath/autistic behavior I guess but it seemed like a real pointless throwaway. Unless I missed a scene, which is possible.

Same, that was one of the only thing that bother me.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Same, that was one of the only thing that bother me.
Patrik has been a nag in his "gut" all this time, which lead to the classroom reveal, following his gut. It's contrasted w/ the breakup , where he is "breaking down" almost procedurally, what is happening.

• 1Like

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
Patrik has been a nag in his "gut" all this time, which lead to the classroom reveal, following his gut. It's contrasted w/ the breakup , where he is "breaking down" almost procedurally, what is happening.

Sure but he storms out, obviously pissed and next thing we see is him head into the laundromat and they're back together like nothing happened. It just didn't serve a purpose. There's no supersleuthing there, she's obviously blowing the guy. A scene showing him sociopath his way through acceptance would've given the angle some sort of point.