Minecraft

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
I thought Bukkit was dead tbh, aren't most of the devs working for Mojang now?
Nope, they're still alive and doing very well. I know there was an offer made by Mojang but I'm not sure how many accepted. Numbers wise Bukkit is crushing everyone else but I'm not sure how the new incompatibility between Forge and Bukkit will effect them in the long run since the majority of the "big" modders seem to code using Forge.

minecraftcpw did some number crunching a couple of weeks ago when Mojang released theirsnooped statsand came up with the following usage numbers. These were recorded in 2012 so pre-FTB and pre Forge/Bukkit incompatibilities.
Some numbers:
Dedicated Servers sample size: 1,512,082
craftbukkit:744388 (49.2%)
vanilla:631392 (41.7%)
fml/forge:136303 (9.1%)

Integrated Servers: 11,945,573
vanilla:9453695 (79.1%)
fml/forge:1747490 (14.6%)
craftbukkit:744388 (6.3%)

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Personally I'll never use anything but FTB for the forseeable future. I care nothing for the politics behind any of it, I just know that the majority of the developers of the actual mods play on the Forge server and interact with each other, actively working together, fixing bugs, tossing out ideas, etc. It is all well and good that Bukkit might be actively updating and keeping abreast of changes, but when you can actually hear the mod developer talking to the Forge people live on a stream and working out a bug right then and there, that seems like the best arrangement you can have.

I think Bukkit servers dominate simply because that is all anyone ever had previously, and a lot of them probably don't want to change, most likely destroying their worlds in the process. Honestly I see Bukkit fading into obscurity eventually (although it will take a few years). They waited far too long to actually get on board with all the big changes, and as a direct result of that Forge was created. Devs that were anxious to update their mods had nowhere else to go, and the Forge server/people made it fairly easy to jump on board and feel like they were part of something bigger (i.e. not just focused on their own mod), so it was a win for everyone involved pretty much. I'm not a dev, but it has to be pretty cool to be testing your mod out, see that it conflicts with another mod, and be able to work it out right then and there with the other developer. Or even have a third developer suggest something that makes yours even better/easier to code. Or have people watch the live streams or Direwolf20's episodes and catch a beta version of your mod and express how much they can't wait to see it, or what they might want different, etc. I don't think Bukkit has that sort of visibility (I could be wrong though), and FTB/Forge is the "cool kid" so it will be really difficult to overcome that hurdle if they want to stay relevant.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Is there working version of Aether for 1.4.7? The newer version I found on minecraftforum seems to be down and the old version doesn't work anymore.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
I think Bukkit servers dominate simply because that is all anyone ever had previously,
The thing with Bukkit is it has an extreamly robust server control/premissions system. That's why it's so ubiquitous. When the 1.3 update hit and Forge found itself no longer able to reasonably provide Bukkit compatibility people were forced to choose between Server protection with older mods or move to new mods with no ability to prevent griefers. I think that's part of the reason you don't see too many large FTB servers around. Forge started working on Forge Essentials which is their solution to that issue. It's still very immature right now but they do have some of the basics running. Once it becomes more fleshed out it'll be interesting to see the impact it has on Bukkit since Forge will become a one stop shop for mods and Server controls.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Block_of_Redstone

redface.png

redface.png

redface.png

Terial

Trakanon Raider
This is the most impressive roller coaster i have ever seen... i was floored by this one.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Jesus at that rollercoaster. ..I was impressed with mine and now I'm going to go kill myself

vGrade

Potato del Grande
What the fuck is wrong with you guys? This has got to be the biggest piece of shit game ever made. My mind is blown on why anyone would even download this crap other than a parent whos child wants to play a computer game so their like ...Hrm this one should be safe.

Remmy

Golden Knight of the Realm
It's always nice when the trolls go full troll and shout "hey put me on ignore, i have nothing of value to offer in life".