Minecraft

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
What they really need to do is make Minecraft2 with a rehaul of the engine, improvements to the world creation and a redone modding system that increases modability and ease of use.

And a way to import Minecraft1 worlds.

Gorestabb

Bronze Knight of the Realm
What they really need to do is make Minecraft2 with a rehaul of the engine, improvements to the world creation and a redone modding system that increases modability and ease of use.

And a way to import Minecraft1 worlds.
Would be a definite purchase for me! I've been getting into other voxel games like 7 Days to Die, but at the back of my mind I'm always wishing I could import the culmination of the hundreds of hours I've spent constructing in Minecraft.

Jateff_sl

shitlord
Anyone try the version on PS4 yet Ived tried a bit of it hard to get used to the controls on the controller difficult

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I played the demo for a few minutes on the PS4 and then remote play on Vita. If you have a PC, there's really no reason to play this on a console.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I actually prefer the PS4 version(console version) to the PC one just because I like the controller support for it and I don't have look up any recipes at all. This game is great just sitting back on the couch and do whatever in game.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I'm assuming the XBox and Playstation versions of Minecraft are strictly vanilla? Man, I can't imagine playing vanilla anymore after experiencing the wonder of mods like Thaumcraft, Thermal Expansion, Buildcraft, etc. Hell, there are tons of new ones since the last server we had here that Kais hosted that I haven't even tried yet. I watched a Direwolf20 video the other day, first time in months, and was blown away at all the new shit on the Forgecraft server.

If Microsoft kills that creativity, I'm going to be annoyed.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I'm assuming the XBox and Playstation versions of Minecraft are strictly vanilla? Man, I can't imagine playing vanilla anymore after experiencing the wonder of mods like Thaumcraft, Thermal Expansion, Buildcraft, etc. Hell, there are tons of new ones since the last server we had here that Kais hosted that I haven't even tried yet. I watched a Direwolf20 video the other day, first time in months, and was blown away at all the new shit on the Forgecraft server.

If Microsoft kills that creativity, I'm going to be annoyed.
Ya, sadly the console versions are literally ported versions of older Minecraft I think the Xbox version is programmed in some C#/Java hybrid, people could probably figure out some mod system too work, but it would only be cracked consoles, and very basic functionality sense they are older versions.

Running Dog_sl

shitlord
Deal confirmed, for $2.5 billion

Microsoft has bought Mojang and Minecraft in a deal worth an incredible $2.5bn, it's announced.

Xbox boss Phil Spencer vowed to continue to "make Minecraft available" across non-PC and Xbox platforms, including iOS, Android and PlayStation...

"The Minecraft community is passionate and diverse, ranging across all ages and demographics. We respect the brand and independent spirit that has made Minecraft great, andwe'll carry on the tradition of innovation to move the franchise forward. Our investments in cloud, Xbox Live and mobile technology will enable players to benefit from richer and faster worlds, more powerful development tools, and more opportunities to connect with the Minecraft community."
Microsoft buys Mojang and Minecraft for $2.5bn Eurogamer.net

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
"It's not about the money."

Hahahahaha. Then why not just give it to someone else? Look, it's 2.5 billion dollars. That's the kind of price that makes selling out A-OK! I can't hate on that in the least.

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
M$ does the weirdest business moves. Its even harder for me to grasp this move since i truly dont understand the appeal of minecraft.

The microsoft meeting in my head: ''-We could afford a base on the moon OR own minecraft. -LETS GET MINECRAAAAAAAFT''
/facepalm

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
"It's not about the money."

Hahahahaha. Then why not just give it to someone else? Look, it's 2.5 billion dollars. That's the kind of price that makes selling out A-OK! I can't hate on that in the least.
God damn hypocrites rustling my jimmies. This is on the lvl of the rep for tomb raider, drowning himself in the non sense that it wasnt about receiving a fuck ton of money from MS for a timed exclusive but microsoft sharing the same vision for developping the perfect tomb raider experience blalhalblah.

Stfu, take the money and stand up like a man about it.

''It's not about the money. It's about my sanity. '' Of course youd be fuckin insane to refuse that money for this atari game.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
I am definitely interested in seeing what they will do with Minecraft now. I'll admit to being pretty ignorant on the details of most billion dollar+ acquisitions, but I feel like Minecraft has peaked. Minecraft 2: Electric Brickaloo incoming!

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
f0kMOVk.jpg

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Since i cant program pc games for shit, my only hope to ride into the sunset with a bag of money over my shoulder like that is to write a book that is branching the universe of twilight and harry potter. Hermionne, the succubus strikes back.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
If someone had told me seven years ago when I was fiddling about with the very first creator only version of MC, that this game would go on to sell 50+ mill copies and Notch would walk away with $2.5bill then I'd have laughed you off as a nut job. Good one Notch. You won the big one. Enjoy the rest of your life!