Minecraft

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I just restarted my family server that we get the itch for every now and then. I wanted to try 1.8.1 so mods are pretty barebones, just OtherDrops, Runecraft, and Multiworld. The new custom terrain generation is great too. And we never progressed to the level we're at now as far as abundance is concerned so it's nice for now.

Is Technic the one with the modular power armor, solar cells, batteries, all that jazz? We played that for a while but got kinda burned out before we could build anything truly epic. If that gets updated I'd love to do it again.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Played this on ps3 at my folks place over vacation.
I have the ps3 and preferred playing it in the den vs trollcave. If I have Minecraft already purchased on PC can I get a voucher/code/discount for the ps3 version?
Can a person on ps3 play with a person on PC?

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
PC can only play with PC.

Not sure about price. My guess is no deals.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I can play vanilla from work, but I don't think this pos pc can handle FTB. How much more resource-intense is it? Also, I'm on 32 bit windows, which might not even work with FTB.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
FTB isn't very happy on 32-bit.
frown.png
Which is why I can only play it on my lappy.

VANILLA PLS.

Where are our oldschool MC server hostbros? I'd host one but I'm not exactly MC server hosting savvy. Unless someone wants to tutor me.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I honestly never expected 64-bit to be the limiting factor for people. Do you guys still use punch cards??

Knytestorme_sl

shitlord
testing a host atm with free trial. Is only 512Mb RAM and won't install Direwolf20 even though it's listed but am willing to whitelist some people for 1.8 for a few days so I can play around with it to see if I want to use them.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I honestly never expected 64-bit to be the limiting factor for people. Do you guys still use punch cards??
It's only been in the past year that I've felt the need for a 64-bit PC.

Goddamn Shadows of Mordor.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
It's only my work PC. My desktop at home is pretty high-end. Fact is, I would probably play this more from work than home.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
It's only my work PC. My desktop at home is pretty high-end. Fact is, I would probably play this more from work than home.
I was just giving you guys a hard time, as I'd probably play from work mostly too. Of course, my work computer was bought 5 years ago, and is still 64-bit, losers!!

I'm sure this has probably been linked at some point in the past, but I don't remember seeing it, and it made me laugh, so here it is anyway.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Who's a good host for the van-eye-lla?

I may want to learn server skills. You guys would be my test subjects.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
My wife runs a Direwolf20 server. If you guys want, I can see if we can set up a vanilla server on the same box. Since this will pretty much be rerolled only, we can possibly set up some admin plug-ins for a few of you and whitelisting ability if possible (not console access though... my wife and her helpers are usually close by for any serious issues).

The box is quite powerful with 16gb of memory so a vanilla server isn't going to cause any problems.