Minecraft

Reiker

Golden Knight of the Realm
I still need some ender pearls to complete the portal. If anyone wants to donate any to me, you can come kill the dragon (or you still can anyways). The dragon drops enough experience to get one person up to level 80 or so, which isn't quite as important since we have an exp grinder. But once the dragon is dead I can build an endermen farm for another exp grinder that nets you tons of ender pearls as well. I'll also trade diamonds or whatever for ender pearls.

I also have a bunch of enchanted diamond stuff and books, if anyone wants to work out a trade for something let me know.

This server seems nice:

PVP.gontroller.com

Its a faction based server with MCmmo and what seems to be overpowered donor kits =)

But, its fun enough.

You have protected areas straight off the bat (by forming a one man faction while you get settled in) that you can destroy with TNT cannons

Large map that feels MMOish, with portals in main city that leads to different parts of the map. Map large enough to go lose yourself in a spot so base isnt easily discovered

Ill spend more time there and give some feedback, msg me if you want to mess around on server, MC name is Fouilleux

Ive never made a cannon, my little goal now is to make one work and get my hands on a creeper spawner for gunpowder

Next goal is to gunpowder the shit out of some base and get chests to explode lol

digital.x_sl

shitlord
new render
89pQS.jpg

Chris

Potato del Grande
My base looks kinda ugly atm, has two construction "towers" to help the next phase which are temporary.

I lost an hour or so's mining work falling down someone's light shaft on what I thought was an unused mountain. I poured lava down it.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
So you're the one who poured lava down my light shaft.

Don't mess with Unicornia Inc

Reiker

Well, that's the third time someone has fought zombie pigmen at the nether portal without warning anyone and I've lost my shit.

I'm in a perpetual loop of spending days grinding equipment and losing it to someone else's stupidity.

Can we start banning people for this shit?

Edit: Okay, was going to work on completing the tunnel from the portal to the Blaze farm today. Instead I had to spend an hour suicide running into the Nether. A bunch of my shit is in chests all over the place, please don't touch it.

Chris

Potato del Grande
That sucks. I'll try to find some time to rebuild the portal room again.

I'm thinking raised narrow suspended walkways over a non damaging drop, lots of glass, multiple routes around and safety zones pigmen can't follow you down via ladder+jumps.

EDIT: Phase one complete, Pigmen should fall down and you can stay on the walkways to avoid them/shoot at them if they go hostile. If they get up on the walkways there are sections where you can jump and if you fall there is no fall damage and a few ladders. The Portal is floating and you have to jump or fall off it to leave. So hopefully no loading ganks anymore.

I'll make it bigger and grander once the temp chests are out. Can Pigmen pass 1 block jumps?

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Reiker could you calm to hell down with the bitching about "griefers." If it's such a problem make your own damn nether portal away from spawn so that newbs don't use it an accidentally aggro shit.

Reiker

a) Why should I be inconvenienced and required to use my own portal hundreds of blocks away just because of people who aren't responsible enough to not turn the main portal into a death trap? I've never even seen people aggro zombie pigmen right at the main portal before in 3 years of playing this game. It's happened 3 times in a month here. It's not exactly something I planned for when I first started building in the Nether.

b) Everything I'm doing in the Nether is for the community. I've lived there for the past week building the Blaze farm and building a safe tunnel system to it. I could have just made my own grinder in my own secret location, but I could also do that in a single player game.

c) It's not about being a "newb" or making a mistake. Even if you did accidentally attack a pigman at the entrance portal (how does this even happen?) not leaving a note in this thread about your mistake just means the next person who comes through is going to get killed and have to spend their next session suicide running into the Nether repeatedly to try to reclaim their things instead of actually playing the game. I'm not sure how that's not considered a form of griefing. A little bitching is justified when I've already made several replies here about not doing this very simple thing, yet people seem to be completely oblivious. When I die in the Nether, that means there's a zombie pigman there with full Protection IV diamond armor and a Sharpness IV sword. It's not a fun retrieval process.

Elerion

N00b
Read through your last 10 posts in this thread again and tell us you're not a whining baby.

I haven't played on the FOH MC server in 2 years, and I'm half tempted to log in just to train some pigmen to your portal.

Reiker

I didn't realize intentionally causing people to lose large amounts of their time instead of actually being able to play the game was one of the selling points of FOH MC servers.

Edit: I have some diamond tools, iron armor, and some other stuff from the nether mess to be claimed. There was a nearly broken Fortune II pickaxe, I can replace it with a full Fortune III Efficiency IV Unbreaking III.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I'm going to build a giant robot. Can giant robot loom over someones project? Let me know what to stay away from.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Ok the Netherportal room should be pretty safe now, just needs glass and another floor.

sweet pic, i see my little castle towards the top right near water. for some reason i cant play shit in this hotel im staying at. no servers show up when i load eq up. i can log into minecraft servers but cant see anything. i think they have all the good ports blocked
frown.png