Minecraft

Reiker

Golden Knight of the Realm
Sounds like we need to re-break PoHate!
Edit, your stuff is in a chest below the nether gate.
That stuff belongs to whoever decided to take on an army of zombie pigmen right next to our main portal. I found it laying in a heap down below so I put it in a chest.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Id like to build in a populated area, but not bust into anyone's projects.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Cause it's the Pick!
Of Destiny, child.
You know where we'll be rockin', 'cause it's fuckin' insane
rrr_img_7340.jpg

rrr_img_7340.jpg

Reiker

Looking to sell:

34yy62u.jpg

Ideally you want 2 picks, that one and a Fortune III / Efficiency IV / Unbreaking III one. You can repair it forever with an anvil. I don't know what I want for it, I guess maybe 6 diamonds to try to recoup my losses from this morning, but I could accept less I guess. I don't need it. Would trade directly for another item with good enchantments or even a useful enchanted book or two (like Unbreaking III, Sharpness, etc.).

34yy62u.jpg

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I really wish Jeb would allow player economy. They need a way to sell things. If only...

Reiker

Not sure if I'm going to be playing here anymore. We had another zombie pigmen aggro problem at the main portal, and while I was about to go reclaim my stuff, Digital came in and despawned all the mobs. Not only does this ruin the challenge of the game, half of my things disappeared since the mobs were holding them.

I invite someone to start a new server that is actually legitimate survival, without admins coming in and using commands to ruin the game for others.

Chris

Potato del Grande
If ghasts blow up sections of the portal base or if someone bricked up a door, please replace them when you are done.

I didn't know that Pig Men are neutral and attacked one standing on the portal, then I had MANY appear from random holes in the walls and yet more while dealing with those. Sorry again to Reiker who got killed saving my ass.

Reiker

It's okay, I'm more disappointed with Digital who came in and used admin powers to manipulate the situation. I was like less than a minute from killing them and getting everything back and he just comes in and despawns everything.

Reiker

What's the point of playing on a server with cheating admins when there are other legitimate servers without cheating admins? Especially when Digital's answer was "well, you shouldn't have been playing the game while I was trying to build a border around the map!"

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
Im sorry that happened, Reiker.

I'm sure that Digital intended to help, and that he wouldn't have if he had known it would do more harm.

For what it's worth, I'll talk to him.

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
Another point (or two)...

Though it may not help in this particular situation, I had somewhat assumed that by now someone might have expressed interest in helping us moderate this server. I guess we're not THAT big yet, with 26 whitelisted players, so maybe we don't need more moderation.

But this is what I meant when I said in your invite PMs that we're open to feedback, support, tips, advice, IE your perspective in general. If what you want is NO intervention from us, that's fine with me. It's best to communicate your expectations before you take action in the face of them not being met.

We are paying for a service for the entire community to enjoy. This server was going to be for me and Digital, but I wanted to open it up to the board whose members I've been gaming with on and off since 1999. I'm not tooting my own horn, I'm MORE THAN happy to do so. But if you want it to be your server, take a role in defining its parameters. That includes policing the police.

WITH THAT SAID, ABIG THANK YOUTO MCFLY WHO HAS DONATED GENEROUSLY TO KEEPING THE SERVER UP AND RUNNING.

We haven't had to upgrade our RAM and player cap yet, but his contribution will help us take that step if and when it becomes necessary.

Sorry for the rant, I just want you guys to understand that we're volunteering to provide a play space for you. We're not professionals. We have kids, wives, day jobs, and tons of non-minecraft shit to deal with. So if you want this server to be your *perfect* play space, take part, get involved, take ownership, and interact with us rather than just being mad at us for trying to help.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
For scale here's my in game map (The one you create with paper and a compass).
The red polygon is the approximate area of the above render.
The yellow circle is the castle screenshot below.
rrr_img_7620.png

rrr_img_7621.jpg

Reiker

Sorry if I overreacted a little, I just thought it was kind of ridiculous that we were like 30 - 60 seconds away from killing the pigmen when digital came in and just despawned them. I lost a bunch of resources including a level 30 enchanted diamond sword. I can get that stuff again, but my preference is to have a legitimate server without admins manipulating the gameplay in any way. There's my constructive criticism. No hard feelings. Just don't let this lead into spawning items for players, creative building, etc. I know it's easier, but work is much more impressive when it's done in legitimate survival and untarnished by "help" from people with admin powers.

Azziane_sl

shitlord
Gotta give admins a break sometimes. Seems like they both are trying to provide the community with what you said - a vanilla/survival/unaltered server. Sometimes they have to use their godly powers though and make a call. Can't always be perfect.

Chris

Potato del Grande
That render is amazing!

I've rebuilt my stuff in hell with stone and iron doors then made an alternatve waterfall entrance to my castle, so expect less hell shenanigans xD

Reiker

So, awhile back my razer mouse broke and I've been using some shitty wireless Microsoft mouse I had lying around. That has slowly broken down to the point where it will randomly double left/right click or interrupt clicking and all kinds of shit. You can't even really drag text with it without it losing focus shortly after holding the button. As you can imagine, building anything in Minecraft this way was a nightmare.

I just got a new G400 now so I'm super ecstatic to be able to play without complete frustration (it will be even better in a couple months when I move and get off this awful internet). I've started planning out my build in creative mode, it should be pretty awesome and I'm super excited to get started on it. I know the basic design, just need to settle on what materials to use. That's the problem with going from FTB to vanilla, you really miss all the different aesthetic block options (not to mention the amazing fucking microblocks).

By the way, that witch hut on the map - please don't destroy or alter it. I have plans to turn it into a witch grinder since I've never done one of those before, and you need the intact hut to know what dimensions to make it. You can use it to get infinite redstone/glowstone/bottles/sticks/spider eyes/sugar. It looks relatively simple, but there's a lot of other stuff I want to do first, like actually making the blaze farm proper.