Minecraft

bazazu

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm looking for a regular partner or group to play with. Any good survival server with pvp and presumably the standard faction mod for claiming land. I'm open to mcmmo and mcjobs or whatever, etc. Let me know if anyone is interested.

numbskull

Lord Nagafen Raider
Swedish School Now Has A Mandatory Minecraft Class

http://edudemic.com/2013/01/this-swe...necraft-class/
As games go, it's one of the best at engaging your brain, so I can't fault this move. They should be careful about encouraging a potential addiction though. I won't say it qualifies as such for me, but it definitely ranks as my best game bargain, considering I bought it during alpha and have put more hours into it than any other game ever.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Minecraft is one of those games that I don't feel like I've wasted my time by playing it.
smile.png

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
They're going to hit 9 million copies sold for the PC tonight. That's pretty nuts for a PC game these days.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
In December they announced they had reached 4.5m Minecraft 360 sales and 5m Pocket Edition sales so they are probably getting close to 20m by total franchise by now. Fuck me.

Was farting around with FTB last night, I like Barrels. If you are swimming in resources and want an easy no power required sorting solution putting a relay (with hoppers if you want a bigger input buffer) connected by pneumatic tubes to barrels will automatically send stuff to its own barrel. Left clicking a barrel tells you how many is in it (although it shows it on the front in stacks and loose anyway along with the icon) and right clicking ejects a stack worth into your inventory.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, barrels are awesome. I've seen massive sorting systems just like you described.

I really like FTB, and the launcher makes things so simple once you get it set up. Currently I've added Optifine and the Soartex Fanver 64x texture pack, but everything else is handled by the pack (using the Direwolf20 one).

Thermal Expansion is the motherfucking tits, serious. And for non-tech related stuff, Thaumcraft is pretty much the most awesome mod ever. The guy that works on it, Azanor, seems like one of the coolest dudes too. Fucker comes up with some crazy, awesome shit.

Finally got a diamond pickaxe with Fortune on it too (only level II), and wow that makes a big difference. Found two veins of diamonds with 9 total diamonds...that axe turned them into 23. Works on vis shard blocks too.

I doubt I'd ever play a non-FTB world again, or whatever ends up one day succeeding it. It's just far too easy for them to handle most of the mods than me doing it. And disabling/adding them is a piece of cake.

Camillos

Trakanon Raider
Someone apparently went through my base and tore up my tower and put lava and water everywhere. That said, I'm done. Peace out.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Someone apparently went through my base and tore up my tower and put lava and water everywhere. That said, I'm done. Peace out.
Sorry to hear that. Sounds like exactly what happened to me several servers ago. Either the same people are being douchebags over and over, or there is just a never-ending flow of them. That's pretty much the reason I don't play multiplayer anymore. Sure no one will ever see what I do unless I post it somewhere, but no one will fuck it up either.

digital.x_sl

shitlord
It would seem that Traak was playing with lava buckets. C&P from the server console.

"22.01 19:59:20 [Server] WARNING ?3[Traak] ?r used: ?6 LAVA_BUCKET at: Rerolled Vanilla SMP,102,76,-62
22.01 19:58:46 [Server] WARNING ?3[Traak] ?r used: ?6 LAVA_BUCKET at: Rerolled Vanilla SMP,92,68,-83
22.01 19:58:04 [Server] WARNING ?3[Traak] ?r used: ?6 LAVA_BUCKET at: Rerolled Vanilla SMP,133,64,-90
22.01 19:57:41 [Server] WARNING ?3[Traak] ?r used: ?6 LAVA_BUCKET at: Rerolled Vanilla SMP,138,64,-81
22.01 19:57:22 [Server] WARNING ?3[Traak] ?r used: ?6 LAVA_BUCKET at: Rerolled Vanilla SMP,134,64,-36
22.01 19:57:21 [Server] WARNING ?3[Traak] ?r used: ?6 LAVA_BUCKET at: Rerolled Vanilla SMP,134,64,-36
22.01 19:56:56 [Server] WARNING ?3[Traak] ?r used: ?6 LAVA_BUCKET at: Rerolled Vanilla SMP,146,65,-40
22.01 19:56:09 [Server] WARNING ?3[Traak] ?r used: ?6 LAVA_BUCKET at: Rerolled Vanilla SMP,144,65,-41"

top two lines correspond to the one flooding the train station and above the crops.

[edit] lava is removed and not that much damage was done by it. The damage to the tower on the other hand defies logic.

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
Traak will be removed from the whitelist unless other members of the server feel strongly otherwise.

I'll wait a few hours to allow for time to respond.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
noob question here .

What's FTB ?
http://feed-the-beast.com/

It's basically an installer that takes a bunch of independently created mods for Minecraft and installs them automatically for you. It takes care of all the nasty details like item ID conflicts and the like that made it difficult to play with these mods together before. It's a bit hard to tell you everything about what it does since it adds an incredible amount of new things to Minecraft.

That is a small example of one of the mods included in several of the packs that FTB includes.

badlok

N00b
http://feed-the-beast.com/

It's basically an installer that takes a bunch of independently created mods for Minecraft and installs them automatically for you. It takes care of all the nasty details like item ID conflicts and the like that made it difficult to play with these mods together before. It's a bit hard to tell you everything about what it does since it adds an incredible amount of new things to Minecraft.

That is a small example of one of the mods included in several of the packs that FTB includes.
+1 for you!

Thanks you very much i'll take a look for sure!

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, that's basically what it is, an awesome launcher that manages all of your mods in one place, and automatically updates any that are part of the official pack (you'd still have to update ones you manually add).

It started as an actual challenge map, Feed The Beast, wherein they had a bunch of chests that you had to put particular items into in order to complete challenges. Like, you might have to make a full gravity suit and put it in to complete one. And it should be noted that invariably they all started with you standing on one square in the middle of the sky (no land anywhere) with a lava source block and a water source block, and maybe a couple of other things. You had to make a cobble generator just to get materials to make somewhere to stand, etc. And there would be a single portal to the nether. They relied HEAVILY on Equivalent Exchange and things like killing pigmen until you got the random gold nuggets to drop, and when you got 9 of them you could form a gold ingot, and with EE you could then transform it into iron, put enough cobblestone into the transmuter and you could get more iron, etc. Now that EE is vastly different I'm not sure how they work, but it used to be all about getting as much raw material as you could to transform into other things (so mob spawners, for instance, were really useful). And the challenges were somewhat directional in that if you did one they might give you a piece of coal, which there was no way for you to get on your own, but now that you have it you can complete the next challenge, which might give you rubber, etc.

They are, pretty much, insanity mode difficulty challenges, but at least there is a point to them unlike vanilla minecraft. You can actually "win" an FTB map.

But since so many people wanted to play, and so many mods were involved in completing the challenges, and so many of the actual developers were all friends and playing/developing these challenges together, they decided to make a launcher that coordinates all those mods (50+ last I saw) into a working unit so that people like us aren't totally fucked trying to figure out how to get it all to work. If nothing else, the biggest bonus has been them all getting together and actually playing Minecraft on a server to test how all their individual mods interact with everyone else's mods, and thinking up improvements, etc. In my opinion the Forgecraft server (which is where the FTB people hang out pretty much) is the best thing to have happened to Minecraft since people first started modding it.