Minecraft

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I can understand why Notch has burning desire to get the fuck away from minecraft fans and gaming in general, just look at the zoe quinn/anita sarkeesian/gamersgate stupidity. One wrong move and you are literally Hitler. Better to cash in and build rockets, tinker with VR or finance Psychonauts 2.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I can understand why Notch has burning desire to get the fuck away from minecraft fans and gaming in general, just look at the zoe quinn/anita sarkeesian/gamersgate stupidity. One wrong move and you are literally Hitler. Better to cash in and build rockets, tinker with VR or finance Psychonauts 2.
Yep. Based on everything I've heard I thinkInotch.netis 100% genuine. He's got success and money for days and doesn't give a fuck about any of it anymore (easy to not care when you have it), so now he can sell off, have no responsibility and do whatever the fuck he wants.

And honestly? He deserves every bit of it. He created an industry and made the world a better place.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Heh, all three of the Mojang founders are walking away. The people left are probably so fucked.

Neph_sl

shitlord
I can't empathize with notch or Phil Fish as I've never been famous (e or otherwise), but the video that notch links to is a great watch on people vs concepts, especially given all the hate being thrown around a week or two ago re: Quinn and Sarkeesian.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
I am definitely interested in seeing what they will do with Minecraft now. I'll admit to being pretty ignorant on the details of most billion dollar+ acquisitions, but I feel like Minecraft has peaked. Minecraft 2: Electric Brickaloo incoming!
I don't play Minecraft but to me the game must have largely saturated the market at this point, so the bulk of new sales are behind them. I don't see what the next step for digital Lego would be, do they take a page from the toy's playbook and release Minecraft - Star Wars Edition (Castle, Pirate, ...)?

Yep. Based on everything I've heard I thinkInotch.netis 100% genuine. He's got success and money for days and doesn't give a fuck about any of it anymore (easy to not care when you have it), so now he can sell off, have no responsibility and do whatever the fuck he wants.

And honestly? He deserves every bit of it. He created an industry and made the world a better place.
An industry? Thats a pretty big stretch, there are perhaps a handful of folks on Youtube that make money and some people who make a pittance renting server hardware. And lets be honest here, the world isn't a better place because of minecraft. No wars were ended, people aren't nicer to their neighbours, some people were entertained but if Minecraft hadn't existed they'd have simply have been playing something else.

spronk

FPS noob
we're too old to understand this shit, minecraft is like super EQ for kids. every kid under the age of 12 has played minecraft. its the #1 app on every single phone. At a lot of kids birthday cake stores minecraft cakes are the top sellers. list goes on and on on how big it is. The potential to exploit is absolutely massive and i am sure you will see Minecraft the movie (plus 7 sequels), the TV show, and tons more shit from it. and it'll all be aimed at people who still wet their beds.

The amazing thing is that notch hasn't been involved with minecraft for years now, turned it over to other people. He still owns 71% of mojang though, will get 1.7 billion dollars. Swedish tax rate is 60% I believe, wonder if he'll pay that or loophole out.

how much of this video can you watch

Rime

<Donor>
Anyone out there running a server (or playing on one!) that is stable and has a few mods? (Yogpack/FtB/etc)

I have been going through various public servers, but they are always horrible or many months old, so everything is taken/mined out.

Looking to scratch an itch before WoD hits in November.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
The itch is real
JHFEg1M.jpg

Minecraft Osgiliath Project - Imgur

Arkk

Lord Nagafen Raider
Hmmm... ditto on the itch. The new DW20 pack should be hitting soon as well.

Anybody thinking about putting something in the works?

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
1.7 is still so fucking buggy it's scary that they are trying too push people to it.... I'm waiting for 1.8 huge improvments to everything with it.

+ currently there is no Bukkit/Cauldron system..... because Mojang are idiots when it comes to open source projects..