<Silver Donator>
Microsoft decided to pull a WotC and tightens his EULA on Minecraft:

• 2Pathetic
Reactions: 1 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Microsoft decided to pull a WotC and tightens his EULA on Minecraft:
fighting bad eulas is a noble pursuit, but how aggressive has Minecraft's handlers been over the last few years on enforcing these kinds of rules?

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Maybe I didn't fully understand that, but are they saying that you can't make fucking Minecraft videos anymore? Or if you still can, they can take them down for any reason?

As Captain Suave said, a huge number of people probably only think about Minecraft anymore because they see some video that looks interesting. If those no longer exist, why would anyone ever even know to pick up a new copy of Minecraft? Does it get advertised places I'm not aware of?

I wonder what this will do to mods, because I haven't played vanilla Minecraft in years. If mods get the axe, why would I ever play again?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Maybe I didn't fully understand that, but are they saying that you can't make fucking Minecraft videos anymore? Or if you still can, they can take them down for any reason?

It looks like they're saying you can't make or do anything while even thinking about Minecraft at the time, especially if it involves money, and they reserve the "right" to cancel/appropriate whatever they want whenever they want. Clearly written by lawyers who don't understand the product ecosystem. I'd expect that 90% of this would get struck down in court over fair use, but that requires someone be willing to endure a lawsuit vs Microsoft.

I wonder what the actual dev team thinks about this.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users