Minecraft

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
stuff I've been working on.

I still have a lot of terra forming to do around it, and all the glass is getting replaced with Black Stained Glass(It's just slow going) the bottom layer is all stained glass.
2ecjbj4.png

Also working on bee's, I'm at 99/207 species found,

fck291.png

and, mystcraft OP hahaha

2ch9lio.png

Camerous

Molten Core Raider
Ok maybe one of you can helop me out. I have 8 water mills completely surrounded by water and they aren't doing jack shit.

rrr_img_39686.jpg

rrr_img_39687.jpg

Any ideas?

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
How far does that copper cable run? Water mills generate an incredibly small amount of power, so if it runs any amount of distance (I want to say like over 10 or 20 blocks), the loss in that cable will eat any power up before it even gets to your machine. You either need to put a power storage block right next to them and run the cable from there, or use diamond fiber cable.

Unless it is just a bug. I haven't used a water mill in probably a year so for all I know it is just a glitch. But I did have similar problems myself until I realized it was just cable loss.

Arkk

Lord Nagafen Raider
Been a while since I've even looked at watermills... I've never used them, but from what I recall they were quite finicky. Looking at theFTB Wiki, they seem hardly worth the effort.

Unmanned: 0.010 EU/t per block of adjacent water. The maximum output of an unmanned Water Mill is 0.25 EU/t (3x3x3 cube of water minus the mill in the middle, and 1 piece of cable to direct the energy = 25 water tiles).
The alternative being that you could use it in manual mode by putting a bucket of water in the bottom slot (for 1 EU/tick, with the bucket not being consumed), or a water cell (for 2 EU/t, but the cell is consumed), which lasts for about 25 seconds. I'm guessing it is producing energy, just an incredibly tiny amount. Could always feed it into a Bat Box and use an EU Reader to see if it's actually doing anything.

Camerous

Molten Core Raider
Tried the batbox, you can see it in my inventory on the SSes, nothing. tried water bucket in there.. nothing... fucking annoying lol but thanks for the ideas you 2.

Camerous

Molten Core Raider
And the only reason I want it is to run a pulverizer so I can get my solar panels set up. I guess i say fuck it and do magmatic engines and lava like always.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Camerous, try having "flowing" water instead of source blocks around the watermill(like just have the top layer of the mills be source blocks), I know sometimes there very fucking finnicky to use at all =/

What's funny about the mystcraft age, a couple day's later I breed my refined bee's, so that mystcraft age isn't even being used anymore.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
You doods running on a server?

Randomness. Playing the latest dw20 pack sp mode and came across a little guy in 3d glasses riding a sheep.

Camerous

Molten Core Raider

Randomness. Playing the latest dw20 pack sp mode and came across a little guy in 3d glasses riding a sheep.
That was a hat. If you had killed it you would have gotten that hat. Press V to see the hat interface and what hats you have acquired and to put one on.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Figured I'd contribute by sharing a couple of screenshots of what I've been up too on my Unleashed server. Still working on getting a stable power source that I don't have to continually keep an eye on. Been actively trying to avoid anything from IC2 this go around as a bit of a challenge. Normally I'd toss up a few solar panels and forget about it. My home base theme this time around is going for a Chinese/Japanese look and spreading everything out into a town instead of lumping everything together under the same roof like I normally do.

A picture of my current main buildings. The one I'm standing on houses my storage and the one I'm looking at has my power generation in it. Right now I've got a Steve's Cart tree farm turning saplings into Biomass and just got a Blaze rod farm going for a low pressure steam boiler.
rrr_img_39937.jpg

This is the Smithy. The quarry dumps all the ore inside here be pulverized and smelted. All my major crafting stuff goes in here too.
rrr_img_39938.jpg

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider

Ive got a whitelisted DW20 1.5 server running 24/7 with an outside host for a few friends and myself. Camerous has played there for a bit.

Waiting to update it to 1.6.

Camerous

Molten Core Raider
I like the theme! Very cool buildings. Here are some pics of my base I am running on Friday's server.

That's right!! The cobblestone boxes are back!! MUHAHAHA! hehe
rrr_img_39940.jpg

rrr_img_39941.jpg

rrr_img_39942.jpg

Camerous

Molten Core Raider
Ive got a whitelisted DW20 1.5 server running 24/7 with an outside host for a few friends and myself. Camerous has played there for a bit.

Waiting to update it to 1.6.
Yeah I been so damn busy here lately I haven't got to play as much as I would like but going to do a 24 hour marathon today to get caught up some hehe

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
I need to not post pictures of my base. It's so damn unorganized.

Buddies and I are going through each mod to learn them. One of them started out with buildcraft and, having no prior experience except with vanilla, built a functional buildcraft quarry => sorting system.

Camerous

Molten Core Raider
Friday and I were talking about the damn puddles of water appearing every where in the Direwolf20 1.5.2 pack. They are rain puddles and they are a known bug.. they should dry up but apparently never do? Annoying damn things and pointless as hell...

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
You can turn off the rain puddles in the BoP config, glad I set mine up to only work in Mystcraft age's as I've heard nothing but problems with BoP

Quantum Tunnel so OP!

j9yqom.png

9 Centrifuges, and they can't keep up =/

5l3u42.png