Miniature Painting

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Lord on Disc! magic pewpew

I was going to buy more of those old Horrors and build towards a pure Tzeentch force, but then GW went and fucked Fantasy up completely.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lord on Disc! magic pewpew

I was going to buy more of those old Horrors and build towards a pure Tzeentch force, but then GW went and fucked Fantasy up completely.

That was our groups first table top game and we played for over a decade. Lots of broken hearts when they killed off Warhammer Fantasy. I had a Chaos army too and it only ever lost once in all those years. Definitely OP units and heroes.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

gryphawk

Trakanon Raider
That was our groups first table top game and we played for over a decade. Lots of broken hearts when they killed off Warhammer Fantasy. I had a Chaos army too and it only ever lost once in all those years. Definitely OP units and heroes.

I wonder when Warhammer: The Old World will finally land? Massively expensive ForgeWorld initial product like HH/30k?

• 1Jonesing

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
1661897078064.png

My hands are a bit dirty in the pic; I just got home and I haven't even taken my boots off yet

"Horrors of Tzeentch, fuck yeah!
Coruscating Flames gonna save the fucking day, yeah

Horrors of Tzeentch, fuck yeah!
Ripping off your customers is the GW way, yeah

Horrors of Tzeentch, fuck yeah!
It's as if all the rules are written by retards"

• 4Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>

So whatever happened to all of the old armies?

I remember when the players were split between "You'll still be able to use your old armies!" and "Fuck GW long, and fuck GW hard"

Are old armies even valid anymore, or were all the cynics right, in that GW promptly moved away from old army/game structure?

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So whatever happened to all of the old armies?

I remember when the players were split between "You'll still be able to use your old armies!" and "Fuck GW long, and fuck GW hard"

Are old armies even valid anymore, or were all the cynics right, in that GW promptly moved away from old army/game structure?

We all stopped and moved on. They killed the game. Everyone has their minis stashed away somewhere.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I mean, is that what happened across the hobby, more or less?

Or do people still play with the old models/armies with whatever the current AoS system is?

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I mean, is that what happened across the hobby, more or less?

Or do people still play with the old models/armies with whatever the current AoS system is?

Maybe, but you would have to change all of your bases and not many models/units converted over, which was deliberate.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Why couldn’t you just play with the old rules or systems? I don’t play WH but have always followed the miniatures. Wondering why the community couldn’t just freeze the state of the game themselves.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Why couldn’t you just play with the old rules or systems? I don’t play WH but have always followed the miniatures. Wondering why the community couldn’t just freeze the state of the game themselves.
hard to do unless you have a giant gaming group and even then it kinda sucks knowing that’s all you can do.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

You're not wrong. But, we were all finishing up high school or just into college and kind of angsty about it. So, we had less time, more to do, and were bitter.

However, I'd love to start playing again today, but that group is scattered around the country now.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
You're not wrong. But, we were all finishing up high school or just into college and kind of angsty about it. So, we had less time, more to do, and were bitter.

However, I'd love to start playing again today, but that group is scattered around the country now.
If you lived in VA I’d love to play. The other factor is that “group” you played with too. Our group had fun, made jokes and put story above rules lawyering BS. I still remember our friend Steve and his nurgle chaos beastman army. We all asked him “hey dude how does your Fat Daemon Prince fly!?” And he responded “with his butt cheeks”

I had a topless witch elf unit covered in blood. It was great.

• 1Worf

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you lived in VA I’d love to play. The other factor is that “group” you played with too. Our group had fun, made jokes and put story above rules lawyering BS. I still remember our friend Steve and his nurgle chaos beastman army. We all asked him “hey dude how does your Fat Daemon Prince fly!?” And he responded “with his butt cheeks”

I had a topless witch elf unit covered in blood. It was great.

The group definitely made it. We were all childhood friends and did everything else together too, like sports, EQ, D&D, magic, etc.

I think we had 10 different armies between 6 people?

• 2Solidarity

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The group definitely made it. We were all childhood friends and did everything else together too, like sports, EQ, D&D, magic, etc.

I think we had 10 different armies between 6 people?
Yeah that’s the toughest part about getting older. Losing those peeps (geographically and sadly the mortal realm)

• 2Solidarity

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
ok, I'm ready to pull the trigger on whatever I need for a airbrush setup.

Is there a previous post that's recent enough for me to go off of when buying shit, or am I going to have to strongarm someone?

• 1Like