Miniature Painting

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yah she is very good! I thought that video was helpful for sure. I'm still getting the hang of things. The airbrush really does put on super buttery smooth layers.
I'm struggling with the second layers on top of it though. I think the inks I used are opaque and I was expecting more of a glaze. I'm getting there though! Here are the 2 dudes I'm working on. They still need touch ups and highlight but I did go ahead and base them. That rock the Squig is perched on is a cork rock I made.

View attachment 251905View attachment 251906

Squig looks good but you need to fix the bottom of that horn, it has two colors slopped onto it!

I suggest checking out “how to paint miniature horns” videos. It’s a pretty simple technique and looks really good. You do lines with black and browns and they end up looking really good with such an easy process.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

bigmark268

Vyemm Raider
I got a chance to test paint some dwarven forge pieces today. 8/2200 down lol
20200301_174043.jpg

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

bigmark268

Vyemm Raider
Oh it's a super warped plastic chunk that's part of the feet. One day I'll cut it off and rebase it. And the little guy is a half finished dwarf artificer who I'll model leaning on his crossbow. Ive played a dwarf artificer crossbow caster in 4e for 8yrs now.

Phanton

Trakanon Raider
Oh it's a super warped plastic chunk that's part of the feet. One day I'll cut it off and rebase it. And the little guy is a half finished dwarf artificer who I'll model leaning on his crossbow. Ive played a dwarf artificer crossbow caster in 4e for 8yrs now.

Have you tried heating it up with a blow dryer? It has been working well for me with miniatures warped by packaging.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just got back from a work trip and looking forward to getting back to the painting table. Next up choices....

next 1.jpg
next 2.jpg
next 3.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Getting started with WH40K since the rest of the boardgame group wants to give it a go. Once I pick my army and buy some minis I can post my God awful painting attempts for y'all to make mock of, as is the FoH way.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

bigmark268

Vyemm Raider
So I stopped by a local hobby shop today. The guys were telling me that the Vallejo factory in Spain is shut down and his us distributor hasn't gotten a shipment in over a month.

Truth? I dunno

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
WIP Orc Big Boss. I am just shit at taking pictures but I love how he is coming along.

orc 1.jpg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah it sucks, I need to figure out how to get better shots. All the contrast is washed out
Orc Side 1.jpg

• 1Like

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah I'm gonna push the contrast up on him. Darken the shadows at least and see where that gets
me. This was him at an earlier stage and it seems more well defined.

20200314_221108.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Update... so I went for more contrast. In the process I messed up the mid tones lol. But I'm still working on him

Contrast help.jpg

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Thanks man. This is where he stands now lol. This is one of those projects I'm just going to work on til I feel I've learned enough then move on. I'm enjoying him a lot.
Someone suggested adding some colors... thin glazes of yellow or red. We will see what I end up doing!

Contrast help.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
Thanks man. This is where he stands now lol. This is one of those projects I'm just going to work on til I feel I've learned enough then move on. I'm enjoying him a lot.
Someone suggested adding some colors... thin glazes of yellow or red. We will see what I end up doing!

View attachment 254675
I like him the way he is now. Don't know if you're painting according to Warhammer, but the warboss was always the biggest, most badass and greenest orc.

• 1Like

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
He's definitely badass. I love the look of this model. I'll prob work a bit more on him today and slap the DONE sticker on.
I'm also very happy with his little snake buddy =p