Miniature Painting

Burren

Molten Core Raider
15d 3h 41m
I would take a brown, water it down a bunch, and wash it over his teeth and anything else bone. The paint will sink into the recesses it will give it a natural stained look. Stark white isn't natural unless bones have been cooking in the sun for months.

Coral snack definitely looks good too.

• 2Like
Reactions: Hateyou and Dashel

Dashel

Trakanon Raider
15d 6h 8m
WIP Stuff, the Roman soldier is metal which is a first since I was a kid. I have to say, Contrast Paint Snakebite Leather is great. Looks awesome in one application imo. I used it on Maximus' leather tunic or whatever that's called, sandals, lining around the shield, and that bandolier looking strap across his chest.

20200319_141923.jpg
Maximus WIP 1.jpg

Burren

Molten Core Raider
15d 3h 41m
If it's not 40k, how can it be a power sword? *imagine a very nerdy lisp*

Really cool shading and contrast though.

Dashel

Trakanon Raider
15d 6h 8m
Ha true! Akkkkkkshually...
So I guess let's say magic? Or enchanted? +1 Gooder Vorpal Blade!

Burren

Molten Core Raider
15d 3h 41m
Rune blade if its Chaos, right? Been a decade and a half since I played, lol.

Dashel

Trakanon Raider
15d 6h 8m
Ultramarines. I ended up seeing the Astartes series stuff, and then a video on how to play WH4K where they used Ultras, and then a good video on how to paint them. I already have 3 Ultras from when I first started painting, and this Aggressors kit.
But I'll probably end up painting one of each chapter at some point hah.

Gankak

Trakanon Raider
28d 22h 8m
Ultramarines. I ended up seeing the Astartes series stuff, and then a video on how to play WH4K where they used Ultras, and then a good video on how to paint them. I already have 3 Ultras from when I first started painting, and this Aggressors kit.

I love the way 'Eavy metal marines look... but its a VERY high standard to paint to. I suck at edge highlighting no matter how much I do it so I am quickly getting to the point where I just dont anymore except for very obvious details that have a raised edge I can get the side of my brush on to.

Dashel

Trakanon Raider
15d 6h 8m
Yeah same for me, I suck at edge highlighting. I'm using it to practice. I'm not going to kill myself to get it perfect but hoping to get a little better at it over time. I think if I just do a little at a time and have a couple of things going, I can slowly get one done decently well hah. And then others I'll just paint up to normal tabletop + standard.

• 1Like
Reactions: Gankak

DirkDonkeyroot

Trakanon Raider
82d 15h 3m

Don't forget the traitors damnit!

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: Dashel