Miniature Painting

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Yeah i typically wait til last. Especially with these as you can just pop them on and off. This isn't even glued together yet just push fit.
But my bases are really super simple. I might feel otherwise if they were complicated.

I am with you on this. If i ever get into entering a painted mini in a competition I would rethink my process but since I am not there and my bases are simple I Do them last as well.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
If you are doing something simple like texture paints and adding grass, then do it last. If you are doing custom resin/acrylic bases then you need to paint them separately.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

ziggyholiday

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah i typically wait til last. Especially with these as you can just pop them on and off. This isn't even glued together yet just push fit.
But my bases are really super simple. I might feel otherwise if they were complicated.

Fair, the only basing I've done so far was glue some dried parsley to these guys. lol

skele.jpg

• 2Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hah I like those dudes.
I literally smear citadel technical paint on my base and paint over it with some kind of contrast paint. Maybe a tuft, skull or rock and I'm done.
I've been playing with the pigments lately though, those are kinda fun.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Nah, this is from Cavill posting pictures of his Adeptus Custodes army in progress.

Still dumb, but a different genesis of dumb.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
A combination of real life and Eve Echoes has slowed my painting progress, so I speed painted these off my pile of shame.
Ld2IPz3.jpg
IkTBWtM.jpg
d6CzWzO.jpg
DXH0vAP.jpg
lzvLeE8.jpg

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Found this video mind blowing. I think it's so cool what is possible and seeing what else is to come is exciting.

Gets really good around 7 minute mark.

Ps. His construction and painting gave me anxiety. Don't expect wonders there. Its the VR modeling that is impressive.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Found this video mind blowing. I think it's so cool what is possible and seeing what else is to come is exciting.

Ps. His construction and painting gave me anxiety. Don't expect wonders there. Its the VR modeling that is impressive.

I haven't watched yet, and Im not saying this guy is a pro. But I get anxiety watching alot of the pro painters paint minis at the start of their project. The way they are just airbrushing rough colors every where the kid in me is like YOU ARE PAINTING OUTSIDE THE LINES WTF

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm

I would buy the shit out of something like that pre painted.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Haven’t painted in quite a while. Been needing a coaster for my desk at home and playing through The Witcher 3 so 3D printed and painted this.

E755E9BC-F24B-4E9A-AF48-C860F66696B8.jpegD5CD8A80-1163-4ED9-B823-E14352FD8E21.jpeg

9F5FA90B-26F4-4218-9D31-C544767AD08F.jpeg

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Painting the Witcher coaster made me want to paint more. Did a shrine from one of the factions from The Edge: Dawnfall. They’re a combo of living organism, machine, and crystals so tried to make it look like the tissue was sucking energy from the crystal and pushing it into the bone tips.

On the crystal I waited until it was half dry/tacky and stuck my thumb print on it then dry brushed it so you could see it. Just wanted to see how it would look, turned out cool. Made it legit organic is what I was going for I guess.

69F3324C-AD32-4AF2-B12E-2E88BC3B3512.jpeg
1F3C4296-2B6B-4E34-A343-04832962187B.jpeg

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Phanton

Trakanon Raider
^ Awesome as always Hateyou. That name is somewhat fitting. I get a little jelly seeing your stuff.

Here's where I'm at with those dragon eyes I posted weeks back. It started off looking pretty lame, like he was wearing goggles when he got a spray tan. I feel OK with this for now though:

blackdragon2.jpg

Blackdragon1.jpg

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just got my first Raphael 8404 size 2 in the mail today and it was bent AF at the ferrule.....

That sucks, from Amazon or where? They may all be in high demand lately. I never had a problem with the Raphael but all my Winsor Newtons were shitty from Amazon.
Highly recommend Rosemary and Co series 33 straight from them in the UK.