Miniature Painting

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah Stormcast in general look much better. Sleeker or something, and love the spears.

stormcast.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Aazrael

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ended up doing this repaint it's original colors. Kind of sick of doing white now though so the next one won't have hardly any white in it.

20210508_231227.jpg

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Latest fun.
Was inspired by the Total War Warhammer 3 Trailer so decided to do a White Walker/Kislev Themed Vampire Complete with Snow Base + Ice Weapons. Might do an enitre force.
1621004818251.png

Also did a how to paint sisters of Battle Video, Only my 2nd painting video so lots of playing around with stuff and still learning Premiere.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Okay, so I have a ton of Warhammer Fantasy miniatures from like 2000-2003. Mostly Empire and Wood Elf, might be some other stuff. A couple armies worth painted, a lot not even assembled. They've basically been sitting in a closet the past 20 years, and I don't see them ever getting anything done with them. Anyone have any interest in any of this stuff before I try to get rid of it elsewhere? I suppose I could try to take pictures of some of it if anyone is really interested.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Okay, so I have a ton of Warhammer Fantasy miniatures from like 2000-2003. Mostly Empire and Wood Elf, might be some other stuff. A couple armies worth painted, a lot not even assembled. They've basically been sitting in a closet the past 20 years, and I don't see them ever getting anything done with them. Anyone have any interest in any of this stuff before I try to get rid of it elsewhere? I suppose I could try to take pictures of some of it if anyone is really interested.
If you can take pics get an accurate list lmk.

Leviothan

Trakanon Raider
Been difficult finding time to paint with work the past couple of months so I haven’t really progressed since I started this hobby. I decided to redo my Orruk MegaBoss from a couple months ago that was a thick paint layered mess and do it over. I wanted him to have pieces of Stormcast and Plague Guard plate and Night Haunt chain mail since I’m probably going to build an Orruk army.

Before and after

E6C1337D-5ABF-49CC-B81E-98B8BE495A12.jpeg

3FD91ACB-515A-42CF-8D1A-34572E384859.jpeg

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Aazrael

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
GF bought a photo booth for her flowers. I stole it to try it out. Old build but came out a bit better with good lighting.

20210518_225148.jpg

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Not quite mini painting, but I put the rest of them here. Our SSD commission just got finished and all lit up and painted. I guess mini doesn’t quite describe it but oh well.

421ED97D-C276-49E8-9198-5EB03CD59C9A.jpegAE330903-5433-4391-A316-F59570CE76B7.jpeg907F3900-80BA-4A81-BCE8-84FAB15F462D.jpeg

• 10Like
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 10 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
That is so fucking cool.

Who did this for you, and how much was it? I had an immediate and strong urge to acquire one for myself, and I don't even play Armada. I fucking love Executor/SSD's.

We got it done by GrandMoffMiniatures on Etsy who happened to be local which was convenient. We bought our SSD when it was like $200 but they're getting hard to find now (looks like there's some on Amazon for $269, yikes). The lighting we got was $750 for just the standard lighting/canon colors but he had options that went up to $1100ish. Not cheap, but his work is fantastic, super nice guy and has always been great with communication. It may not currently be listed up in his shop, but can always ping him to see if he's got one to work on and what options are available . If you can acquire the model yourself, you can also mail it to him. So far we've gotten the SSD, an Onager, Home One, Assault Frigate Mk II, Gladiator, Profundity, and an Interdictor done by him and they've all been wonderful. The SSD here took about a month and a half to two months or so to do.

• 3Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Executor was so cool to me when I was a kid playing the Decipher Star Wars CCG. "This ship is so gigantic they had to rotate the card frame 90 degrees to fit the art"

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
We got it done by GrandMoffMiniatures on Etsy who happened to be local which was convenient. We bought our SSD when it was like $200 but they're getting hard to find now (looks like there's some on Amazon for $269, yikes). The lighting we got was $750 for just the standard lighting/canon colors but he had options that went up to $1100ish. Not cheap, but his work is fantastic, super nice guy and has always been great with communication. It may not currently be listed up in his shop, but can always ping him to see if he's got one to work on and what options are available . If you can acquire the model yourself, you can also mail it to him. So far we've gotten the SSD, an Onager, Home One, Assault Frigate Mk II, Gladiator, Profundity, and an Interdictor done by him and they've all been wonderful. The SSD here took about a month and a half to two months or so to do.

Is each point of light it's own LED? Did he have to open it up and drill holes for each?

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
LEDs for larger things like the engines and then individual drilling/fiber for the smaller lights I believe, not 100% on that.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah that’s pretty fucking cool. I bet that looks amazing on a shelf at night.

Your coffee table scratches are triggering me so bad 😩

• 3Worf

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Mess with the [honks] you get the [bonks]?

A Goose Hydra just makes me laugh

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user