Miniature Painting

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Don't judge me... But I finally looked at this tik tok thing I dont really understand. And this popped up for no reason at all I imagine...

View attachment 412087
The more things you click the more it tailors content for you. I’m pretty sure I know what content you’ve been selecting.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I wonder if Warhammer commission artists will start doing Warhammer alters for Magic cards. Gotta keep them decks visually consistent when you upgrade em

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I hope I have the patience for Gunpla. Just spent like 150 bucks on a few models and tools. I suck at painting otherwise I'd try going into miniatures.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Aazrael

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I hope I have the patience for Gunpla. Just spent like 150 bucks on a few models and tools. I suck at painting otherwise I'd try going into miniatures.
I found it very enjoyable to build them. Painting is a bonus really and not really needed in the end. I would recommend 2 things and its a good nipper and Gunprimers glas file. Made it much easier to get good results getting the nub marks off. I got like 20 kits and only painted like 6 of them so far.

I've only built Master Grades as I like the size of them and that they have lots of parts.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I found it very enjoyable to build them. Painting is a bonus really and not really needed in the end. I would recommend 2 things and its a good nipper and Gunprimers glas file. Made it much easier to get good results getting the nub marks off. I got like 20 kits and only painted like 6 of them so far.

I've only built Master Grades as I like the size of them and that they have lots of parts.
I started my first one last night and found out I am an old fuck and had to order one of those magnifying light set ups. lol. I stopped after the chest cuz I did need better nippers. I couldn't get myself to spend 60 bucks on a GodHand though. I just picked up a couple HG's to dip my toe in. MG will probably be where I move to afterwards.

I'm not really even a Gundam fan per se. I watched Gundam Wing a long time ago and I remember watching the og series when I was a kid. I just love Mecha. I really want a Roy Fokker VF-1S kit.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Aazrael

Yea I haven't watched much Gundam either, only Iron Blooded Orphans. I would probably struggle with eyes vs High Grade as well, thats why I like the MGs. :p It gets costly though as the kits aren't cheap. I've bought and built most of the kits I found interesting. Theres a few more I want but they are always out of stock. Took a little break to paint minis but still check for available Gunplas all the time.

I'm pretty happy with Dspiae's nippers, a bit cheaper than God Hand and works really good. Them and the Gunprimer nub remover produce good results.

Heres my current collection. A few of them are painted (usally the ones with decals on them). And my work in progress thats been unfinished for like 6 months now, might resume painting him soon.

Edit: Looking at the pics I see a lot of fallen pilot figures and suspicous footprints, I think the Cats have been messing with the Gunplas up on the attict!

20220526_221803.jpg20220526_221941.jpg20220526_221958.jpg

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Aazrael

So who of you are this person that popped up in my facebook?

284515179_10158784781457322_6644160646731569409_n.jpg

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 6 users

Seananigans

Potato del Grande
<Screenshotted>
Hateyou Hateyou you still playing KD:M some? My gf and I started a campaign a couple of days ago, I'm pleasantly surprised she's enjoying herself with it. She wants to paint my minis, and I'm trying to figure out what the best theme would be, I really like your stone theme.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Hateyou Hateyou you still playing KD:M some? My gf and I started a campaign a couple of days ago, I'm pleasantly surprised she's enjoying herself with it. She wants to paint my minis, and I'm trying to figure out what the best theme would be, I really like your stone theme.
Yeah we’re still in our first playthrough we started three years ago lol We don’t play it exclusively. I take a picture of the game state after each session and pack things away so it’s easy to set right back up.

If you like the stone theme, it’s pretty easy to do. I get a lot of compliments on it just cause it’s unique I guess. It removes a lot of waffling on color choices and stuff, but can get boring to do because the method is the same each time. I would usually do a few KDM models then do a model from something else to break up the monotony of it.

• 1Like

Aazrael

Been slow progress as I get distracted by other stuff. Changed the colors a lot and right now he is necrotic flesh painted. The upper part is kinda done but will probably change stuff later.

Still got the lower part to paint and then the wings etc.

20220615_164153.jpg

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
Anyone have a good 3rd party 3D printing company recommendation for something like the Balefire Tome/flaming arm bits that CSM are about to have access to?

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Before covid my LGS would do paint nights and one of the upcoming ones was doing a young red DnD dragon and I was excited as hell for this one. Then covid happened and the store had to close, but one of the employees gave me one to take home since they had a pile of them now. Figured since we’re moving, I’d finally get around to painting the thing and gifting it to the store as a small thank you since they’ve treated my husband and I extremely well over the years.

Tried out the contrast paint for the first time (the main red) and it didn’t seem too bad! My first time doing any kind of flame effect, which, eh, could have gone better. I tried adding some lighting on the chest and forelegs also, but that probably could have gone better also. Overall, pretty happy with it, seeing as I’ve been very out of practice.

38BC2C40-227B-4D63-B317-C7D5E72C172E.jpeg50488B1F-8C03-4042-B976-2BD725EA9E15.jpeg2F5DF07D-BF1E-4415-B202-2BE67A1DBBCA.jpeg

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Before covid my LGS would do paint nights and one of the upcoming ones was doing a young red DnD dragon and I was excited as hell for this one. Then covid happened and the store had to close, but one of the employees gave me one to take home since they had a pile of them now. Figured since we’re moving, I’d finally get around to painting the thing and gifting it to the store as a small thank you since they’ve treated my husband and I extremely well over the years.

Tried out the contrast paint for the first time (the main red) and it didn’t seem too bad! My first time doing any kind of flame effect, which, eh, could have gone better. I tried adding some lighting on the chest and forelegs also, but that probably could have gone better also. Overall, pretty happy with it, seeing as I’ve been very out of practice.

View attachment 418363View attachment 418364View attachment 418365

Looks good though. One tip for the future: fire is hottest- and thus whitest or sometimes blue - at the source and then gets yellow, orange, and red the further from the source. This little guy seems to be sucking some fire in, lol.

For being out of practice as you say, it would look great on the table.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Looks good though. One tip for the future: fire is hottest- and thus whitest or sometimes blue - at the source and then gets yellow, orange, and red the further from the source. This little guy seems to be sucking some fire in, lol.

For being out of practice as you say, it would look great on the table.

Yeah, you're right. I think when I first saw the shape of the fire, I kind of imagined he was chucking a fireball or something, so went for something like this: 1655858578179.png

Now that you mention it, I'm not sure if it's supposed to be a ball or a general fire breath. Whoops.