Miniature Painting

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Hey guys what magnifying glass do you use? I’m looking to get a new one.

OhSeven

Mediocre Negro
<Prior Amod>
Just jumping into this hobby with my kids and am amazed at the painting skills I've seen here and in the local Warhammer shop. It's intimidating, but we're moving along as we've just painted our first miniature at the store with help and are now gluing together a starter set to start painting.

Understand that most of us are showing models after years of practice and most of our first models looked more like this.
IMG_4322.jpg

• 5Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
I am selling my Soul Drinkers army so took a bunch of pics, figured I'd post it.
B5603FF6-201B-4794-88D9-19DBB5316DED.jpg
3F176528-09C8-4D79-8F45-721124601322.jpg

I did the whole army with 3d printed shoulders, lots of chaos bitz mixed in, chaos runes as well as they are slightly corrupt.

If anyone is interested can dm me :)

• 11Like
Reactions: 10 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I am selling my Soul Drinkers army so took a bunch of pics, figured I'd post it.
View attachment 447993View attachment 447994

I did the whole army with 3d printed shoulders, lots of chaos bitz mixed in, chaos runes as well as they are slightly corrupt.

If anyone is interested can dm me :)

Absolutely beautiful

also great lore

Despite the extinction of the Chapter, their name, colours and heraldry were reinstated on the order of Roboute Guilliman in the Era Indomitus, and thus all of their number are now Primaris Space Marines originally created in the Ultima Founding.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
  • 1Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It was your chaos, not this army that you sold to fund the house down payment right? Sucks to hear the earlier guy for this army fell through, hope it didn't cause too much trouble.

• 1Like

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
As if I didn’t have enough of a backlog of simple baby shit to paint…husband rolls out of the game store with these in tow after watching a Warhammer lore video. This shit is way above my grade to paint, but I guess I’ll see how it goes. I’m really wishing now that I had an airbrush for at least base coating the damn organ tank. Looks like it’d be a pain in the ass to do by hand.

Not going to lie, though, these bitches sound badass as hell.

D71A2490-4842-449D-A7CE-F3A0AEC30E23.jpeg

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
As if I didn’t have enough of a backlog of simple baby shit to paint…husband rolls out of the game store with these in tow after watching a Warhammer lore video. This shit is way above my grade to paint, but I guess I’ll see how it goes. I’m really wishing now that I had an airbrush for at least base coating the damn organ tank. Looks like it’d be a pain in the ass to do by hand.

Not going to lie, though, these bitches sound badass as hell.

View attachment 450688
Lol!!!
Sisters of battle ARE bad ass as hell!

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Man I read this and the 40K thread, just because I find the game and the lore so fascinating. I bought a 600pt necron army back right after they came out when I was in college because a buddy of mine who is big into it convinced me to drop some money. Played two games, and then he moved away, and ended up selling my army to a coworker to buy a new paintball gun.

Anyways it's always cool to see you what everybody's picking up and painting. I don't know if it's been covered, but there's some pretty cool stuff using copic markers and a spray attachment. Had no clue this was out, but you got a fly time video on my feed, because that's my hobby. First thing I thought though was man this might be useful for painting miniatures. Kind of a poor man's airbrush. I'm guessing it doesn't cost a lot, but I don't know what the differences between getting an airbrush deal.

I know it's completely off topic but, can't be any different than painting a miniature. Could be useful could be stupid, but figured I'd share it.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Man I read this and the 40K thread, just because I find the game and the lore so fascinating. I bought a 600pt necron army back right after they came out when I was in college because a buddy of mine who is big into it convinced me to drop some money. Played two games, and then he moved away, and ended up selling my army to a coworker to buy a new paintball gun.

Anyways it's always cool to see you what everybody's picking up and painting. I don't know if it's been covered, but there's some pretty cool stuff using copic markers and a spray attachment. Had no clue this was out, but you got a fly time video on my feed, because that's my hobby. First thing I thought though was man this might be useful for painting miniatures. Kind of a poor man's airbrush. I'm guessing it doesn't cost a lot, but I don't know what the differences between getting an airbrush deal.

I know it's completely off topic but, can't be any different than painting a miniature. Could be useful could be stupid, but figured I'd share it.

Looks like it would work fine for cheap airbrushing. With the all the ways people do various things with miniatures There are probably specific use cases someone could come up with for them.

What is the attachment for the markers? He lists all of the equipment in the description except that.

Edit: Nevermind I found it. Interesting, I guess it would be nice to just load a marker in and not have to mess with thinning or mixing paint.

COPIC CMABS3 Air Brush System Abs 3 Starter Set, White https://a.co/d/jeEjVX2

• 1Like

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
Anyone have a recommendation for a paint mixer? I bought vortex mixer from Amazon that was on sale, but it did nothing.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Looks like it would work fine for cheap airbrushing. With the all the ways people do various things with miniatures There are probably specific use cases someone could come up with for them.

What is the attachment for the markers? He lists all of the equipment in the description except that.

Edit: Nevermind I found it. Interesting, I guess it would be nice to just load a marker in and not have to mess with thinning or mixing paint.

COPIC CMABS3 Air Brush System Abs 3 Starter Set, White https://a.co/d/jeEjVX2
I think I'm going to go ahead and order one to make exactly what he's doing for poppers and other top water baits using foam. I thought about getting an airbrush machine, but that's a little overkill for the type of stuff I do fly tying. I know it's apples and oranges, but I honestly thought it might be something useful to you guys who are painting your armies. Even though I don't play anymore, it's still pretty cool to see what everybody's making, and figured I'd share it because it might be useful.

bigmark268

Vyemm Raider
I've got one of these I picked up on ebay. A friend of mine has that lab genius one. But it's like a toy compared to this. I nabbed it for $50 new on ebay
Z(4).jpg

• 1Like