Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation (2015)

Devlin

Golden Squire
What was it about then? It was about a thing that nobody ever found what the thing was then it ended.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
trailer looks good, too bad this time we wont get to see Cruise on Top Gear trying to beat an_Unknown_Brit_celeb302's lap time.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Hmm I thought 3 had tons of action, The opening, the Vatican, Bridge, Shanghai ect

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
3 had plenty of action. I was bored watching Transformers too.

You can't have an exciting movie where you never find out what the whole point of the movie was.
This I disagree with. You definitely can, to me MI3 just didn't give me a reason to care about the film. To counter your point, I did not mind not knowing what was in Marcellus Wallace's case.

Homsar

You can't have an exciting movie where you never find out what the whole point of the movie was.

MacGuffin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Yeah pulp fiction, or stuff similar like american psycho, Inception, Total Recal and the tons of other movies that use it just suck. The whole point of the movie was getting some Bio weapon or something, didnt really give two shits how dangerous it was, MI 4 was just about launching nukes, how many times have we seen that plot?

Might as well say Prisoners and Drive suck becuase you dont know if Jackman or Gosling died.

Siliconemelons

I am sure you all knew this, but yahoo just did a story on the MI5 plane taking off stunt- that was no green screen...

As expected from our Xenu loving TC - mad props to him and the crew is making that happen- I am glad to see real practical effects and stunts returning to the forefront- CG is so blah.

Devlin

Golden Squire
Pulp Fictions use of it is of no consequence to the plot of the movie, it's just a small thing to wonder about which even at the time you realise isn't important and that's why it doesn't impact how enjoyable the film is. I personally cannot even remember it's relevance within the movie.

Total Recall and Inception both had stories that I could follow easily and were interesting.

Total Recall - Machine that gives Mars a breathable atmosphere.

Inception - to implant a specific idea into someone's mind in order to manipulate them without them realising you did it.

These aren't anything like the MI3 example where the item is central to the movies plot and because there is no specific danger applied to the item it means nothing, you don't even find out what it is at the end.

Also American Psycho is an absolutely shit book, the first hundred pages are him talking about which fucking business cards he has and how someone else doesn't have as nice ones and another guy has slightly nicer ones.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Pulp Fictions use of it is of no consequence to the plot of the movie, it's just a small thing to wonder about which even at the time you realise isn't important and that's why it doesn't impact how enjoyable the film is. I personally cannot even remember it's relevance within the movie.

Total Recall and Inception both had stories that I could follow easily and were interesting.

Total Recall - Machine that gives Mars a breathable atmosphere.

Inception - to implant a specific idea into someone's mind in order to manipulate them without them realising you did it.

These aren't anything like the MI3 example where the item is central to the movies plot and because there is no specific danger applied to the item it means nothing, you don't even find out what it is at the end.

Also American Psycho is an absolutely shit book, the first hundred pages are him talking about which fucking business cards he has and how someone else doesn't have as nice ones and another guy has slightly nicer ones.
in star wars, the original trilogy deals with The Force and how it affects everyone and everything. in the trilogy we never found out what the fuck The Force is exactly. in the prequels we do. which trilogy did you prefer?

Homsar

So If Fishbourne said it was a type of Bio weapon at the end you would have enjoyed the film? The whole point of that was he was ready to get out and didnt care what the rabbits foot was and wanted a normal life. Its like getting mad at The Rock because you dont find out whats all on the paper at the end.

And I was referring American Psycho the movie, not the book.

Devlin

Golden Squire
in star wars, the original trilogy deals with The Force and how it affects everyone and everything. in the trilogy we never found out what the fuck The Force is exactly. in the prequels we do. which trilogy did you prefer?
Oh shit, so Star Wars wasn't about The Empire or Luke Skywalker journey or Han Solo and Princess Leia it was actually about the Force?

The Force was adequately explained in the original movies, you're just being facetious.

Homsar

MI3 was him finding out why his student was murdered and revenge shit. What about never finding out what the Noc list was, did you think Mission Impossible sucked ?