Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation (2015)

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I loved 3. PSH was an awesome villian, and it tried to hit the feels when TC's fake wife is killed, except it isn't his wife.
4 was awesome because special effects. And I dig the cast. Would love to run along the outside of that tower.

This picture went all over when they were filming 4, but this was never a scene in the movie.

wpid-article-1323275075294-0f178c2f00000578-891608_466x513.jpg

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
PSH was my favorite villian, him on the plane was great. Voight was supposed to be a surprise but you knew the entire time he was the bad guy but Reno was great, the villain in 4 was nothing to remember

Homsar

I remember not thinking he was actually dead the first time I watched it. Why cast a big time actor like that and have him die instantly. They did with Emilio but I didnt think they would hire a bunch of A list actors and whack them.

Pretty much the second I saw Sydow in Minority Report I knew he was the bad guy, certain actor are always the villain like Sean Bean dying in everything

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
When they had the open floor in the plane that would drop PSH down and stop him from falling out, that was pretty cool.

j00t

Oh.. Yeah 3 was great. I was remembering 2 as two separate movies for some reason. I really enjoyed PSH in it. The airplane scene was so away awesome

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Maybe not at that time, Jon Voight was a bad ass in the 70's and he is no slouch now.

Devlin

Golden Squire
Maybe not at that time, Jon Voight was a bad ass in the 70's and he is no slouch now.
I hadn't seen him in anything for years. Pretty sure Mission Impossible was his big comeback role.

Let's all agree.

MI - cool spy movie.
MI4 - fun spy movie.
MI2 & MI3 - shit movies.

Tol_sl

shitlord
MI:1 was by far the coolest and 4 was fun. 3 is the only one I can't remember the story to. I remember I felt completely underwhelmed and bored by it but nothing about it was memorable. I may have actually switched it off halfway. I remember thinking 2 was pretty bad but amusing in that campy sort of way. Fucking laughed at some of the action scenes, like the one that has him slowly walking while white doves fly in front of him. Never change, john woo.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
GEORGE: Well, why would the guy make up something like that? Of all the names he could pick, why settle on Jon Voight?

JERRY: Don't you see, that's the genius of it. If he had said Liam Neeson, you'd know he's making it up.

Heat was a year before Mission Impossible, but a year after he was referenced in Seinfeld. If you want to talk about his "comeback" it was being mentioned on the funniest show on television.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
My first experience with a Jon Voight movie was his Oscar-worthy role in Anaconda.

Homsar

I hadn't seen him in anything for years. Pretty sure Mission Impossible was his big comeback role.

Let's all agree.

MI3 - shit movies.
Most, like this forum disagree with that.

Whenever I think of Voight I think of Varsity Blues

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
In terms of MI movies, the first is my overall favorite. However, the building climbing scene in MI4 is easily my favorite single scene out of all the movies. Even though you knew he wasn't going to fall/die, it was an extremely intense scene.