Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation (2015)

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Also I cared 50x more what was in the briefcase then whatever the rabbits foot was. I dont think I even cared what the rabits foot did

Devlin

Golden Squire
Also I cared 50x more what was in the briefcase then whatever the rabbits foot was. I dont think I even cared what the rabits foot did
That's because one movie had a good story which engaged the viewers interest and the other was MI3.

Homsar

No its because everything in pulp fiction was centered on the briefcase and everyone wanting it

Devlin

Golden Squire
SHbPi.gif

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
No its because everything in pulp fiction was centered on the briefcase and everyone wanting it
what? everyone wanted it? far as i know, nobody actively chased after the briefcase because not many knew about it. brad was holding onto the briefcase, but it was never explained why he never delivered it to marcellus. maybe he wanted more money for it, maybe he wanted it for himself. ringo wanted the briefcse because he thought there was money or other spendable wealth inside. what goldy glowing thing was inside we dont know, but it wasnt something he expected because he was in awe of the sight of it.

Homsar

Sam jackson, travolta, wallus, and ringo were all after it or wanted it

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Sam jackson, travolta, wallus, and ringo were all after it or wanted it
ringo didnt want it, he wanted jule's money and he thought what was in the briefcase had monetary value. if it was actually full of the boss's laundry he wouldnt still be interested. vincent and jules only wanted it because marcellus sent them to get it. they could care less about it otherwise. after the first scene of the movie when they retrieve the briefcase, it ceases to become a plotpoint in the film. so no, your assessment is in error. Butch was more the focal point of the film than anything or anyone else.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Not sure why I'm reading about Pulp Fiction as I skipped page 2, but back on topic:

Looks okay. None of the Mission Impossibles every really got me hard or anything. Looks watchable, but overall another 7 or 8 out of 10 action movie.

ohkcrlho

in star wars, the original trilogy deals with The Force and how it affects everyone and everything. in the trilogy we never found out what the fuck The Force is exactly. in the prequels we do. which trilogy did you prefer?
Hmmmm...no. please stop.

And MI3 was really bad. MI2 was better than 3 but still not good.

Homsar

Do people remember how bad 2 was? there was slow motion every 10 seconds in that movie it was fucking awful. I can understand if you're watching the movie as a comedy

j00t

i enjoyed 2 at the time. i really enjoyed dougary scott and the face that tom cruise pulls when dougary is wearing the ethan hunt mask and finds out whats her face is double crossing him is brilliant. that was the moment that i demanded cruise play a villian. and then we got collateral. that being said, i watched the first 20 minutes of it on netflix a few months back and i had to turn it off it was so bad.

mi3? i honestly can't even remmeber what you guys are talking about. that was the one with bellarophon and chimera? right? i don't remember really anything about that movie. at least 2 showed cruise's skill at playing a villain.

Homsar

i enjoyed 2 at the time. i really enjoyed dougary scott and the face that tom cruise pulls when dougary is wearing the ethan hunt mask and finds out whats her face is double crossing him is brilliant. that was the moment that i demanded cruise play a villian. and then we got collateral. that being said, i watched the first 20 minutes of it on netflix a few months back and i had to turn it off it was so bad.

mi3? i honestly can't even remmeber what you guys are talking about. that was the one with bellarophon and chimera? right? i don't remember really anything about that movie. at least 2 showed cruise's skill at playing a villain.
Chimera and Bellarophon was 2, also no female double crossed him in 2 I dont remember. Main chick sacrificed herself so the virus couldnt spread but she got cured at the end. MI 3 was with Phillip Seymor Hoffman talking about murdering hunts family ect if he doesnt get the rabbits foot. I really enjoyed the action in 3

I think you're mixing up scenes from 1 and 2 to be honest

spronk

FPS noob
yeah phillip hoffman and the chinese chick really elevated 3, 2 was brought down by the shitty female sidekick who just had one expression for all emotions. 3's story was paced nicely and the action scenes were fantastic, especially the vatican stuff. 2 dragged in a lot of spots and the last 1/3d of the movie was just not good. still, overall a great franchise and its interesting to see cruise's hand in picking a different director every time, its made each movie a lot different and interesting.

Homsar

I mean you had seen Cruise play a bad guy in Interview at that point really. I still dont understand why cocktail is his lowest rated film. I

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
I think this looks just fine... but then again I legitimately enjoyed Jack Reacher.

MI 2 is, of course, terrible, probably the worst movie Cruise, Woo, Ron Moore, and everyone else involved has ever made.

Devlin

Golden Squire
I found it too difficult to dislike Cruise in recent years, his movies are just too damn entertaining and he's always so likeable in them.