Mist Mostly Mightily Blames Other People or MMMBOP for short.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Hey a_skeleton_02. I just decided that I'm going to write a sit-com set in a WW2 concentration camp in the Netherlands. The show will be calledThe Dutch Oven. Would you be willing to write a few episodes?
Only if it is like Hogan's heros but the Nazis always win at the end of the episode.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Please post your work number so I can call for IT support.
Unless you have an Avaya phone system, or certain vendors enterprise data switches, or certain video conferencing systems, it wouldn't be much good.

• 1Faggotry
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
It seems there are no jobs on her area for smart, motivated and experienced IT people.

For fucking real though. Cram for a week, take some cert, go get a job.
Which cert? I really don't want to do network infrastructure so I don't want a CCNA.

I could probably bang out an MSCE.

I really want my current employer to pay for an MCSE in Skype for Business PBX, since we just started selling that and have a whopping 3 people who can support it.

• 1Faggotry

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I definitely do not want an ACIS. Avaya certs seem to be worth less than nothing.

• 1Faggotry

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
PS: I don't want to work in IT.
Then why do you have an IT job?

Also, Certs are a good way to show that you understand concepts, if you want to get further you need to show that you are willing to learn the concepts to proceed further.

You just are the At&t of people arent you?

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Then why do you have an IT job?

Also, Certs are a good way to show that you understand concepts, if you want to get further you need to show that you are willing to learn the concepts to proceed further.

You just are the At&t of people arent you?
Least she isn't the Comcast of people.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
So wait, Mist tells me how to reset my VM pw and complains about not making enough?
Resetting VM passwords is tier 0 CSR work. I do full implementations on VOIP systems with 50k+ users, while also doing real-time monitoring of every server, switch, gateway and voice circuit in 6500 customers' servers, doing customer service calls and emails, dispatching subs, dealing with vendors and couriers and of course the lovely carriers.

• 1Faggotry

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The calls I get can range from "reset my VM password" to "we just cut over 4000 numbers to SIP and forgot to tell you about it, please fix it before start of business."

• 1Faggotry

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Or the best "I was pulling some wires in my server room and now my PBX won't stop rebooting. Please build me a new one, using the backups we forgot to take for the past 2 years, and get it and a tech on site by 7am tomorrow. Thx."

• 1Faggotry

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
how does this company retain workers? keep them so busy they don't have time to job hunt?

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Probably hires underqualified people who would not be employed at similar jobs elsewhere, so they don't even try. Look at Mist. Isn't Mist's major not even IT related and (s)he just has this job to keep the shitshack over mommy dearest? This is basically one step below outsourcing and if Mist were an actual certified tech (or had real IT experience outside of that job or whatever whackado Lib Arts college (s)he got their degree from), getting any superior job in the field would be easy.

I mean, I don't know for certain, but it sure sounds like one of the underqualified call center hellholes that are out there. Mist sure likes to bitch, but is we are to believe what Mist says at face value, then there has to be a pretty valid reason for why this is the only job open to her/him.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
do you make enough money that you're able to put any into savings? IMO you should save up enough that you're able to take a month or two off of working, relax and job hunt for a bit, get a job that doesn't make you want to shoot yourself in the skull, and live happily ever after.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Probably hires underqualified people who would not be employed at similar jobs elsewhere, so they don't even try. Look at Mist. Isn't Mist's major not even IT related and (s)he just has this job to keep the shitshack over mommy dearest? This is basically one step below outsourcing and if Mist were an actual certified tech (or had real IT experience outside of that job or whatever whackado Lib Arts college (s)he got their degree from), getting any superior job in the field would be easy.

I mean, I don't know for certain, but it sure sounds like one of the underqualified call center hellholes that are out there. Mist sure likes to bitch, but is we are to believe what Mist says at face value, then there has to be a pretty valid reason for why this is the only job open to her/him.
Parts of this are definitely true. I had 6 years of solid public-sector IT experience, followed by 8 years of mostly unrelated college.

This job is 7 miles from my house and offers unlimited overtime, and everything after 40 hours can be done remote. It also has insane job security, because no one wants to work second shift or third shift, and especially not second or third shift HERE.

Under-certified, sure. Underqualified, no, the underqualified people get washed out in under 90 days. The upside of this company not bothering to train people means that the people who can't effectively think for themselves in a variety of bullshit situations, and with sales people who sell service contracts on new products every week, wash out very quickly.

This place doesn't pay for certs because every time they do pay for certs, the people just leave.

• 1Faggotry

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
That ultimately results in support departments that are solely composed of people who are being constantly turned over and other people who are simply too miserable or toxic to leave. I guess you really are a true SJW and enjoy martyrdom above all else, because there is no reason you should not just pull the fucking rip cord and move away from all this shit. At your age, you need to have a life path and scissors partner staked out pretty damn soon or you will end up like my sister in law; a man hating broke cat lady lesbian who works part time at starbucks.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
No running water for the second time in a week. Main breaker last week, pump switch this week.

FML.

• 1Faggotry