Mist Mostly Mightily Blames Other People or MMMBOP for short.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
My stepfather was a big part of it, but yes, my mom was a big contributor. Getting her out of debt will help her finally divorce him, and I'll never have to deal with him.

But family always has a way of making even normal people feel shitty. I can't blame them. Ultimately, it's my lack of finding people outside my family that do make me feel like I'm good or have value.

Believe it or not, there was a 4-5 year period of my life where I was actually really normal, had good friends, they'd come abduct me from my house when I was down. I lost a bunch of them after something bad happened in college, and the rest drifted away after the depression set in when my mom was institutionalized for her suicide attempt.

• 1Jew
Reactions: 1 user

Hosix

All labs matter!
My stepfather was a big part of it, but yes, my mom was a big contributor. Getting her out of debt will help her finally divorce him, and I'll never have to deal with him.

But family always has a way of making even normal people feel shitty. I can't blame them. Ultimately, it's my lack of finding people outside my family that do make me feel like I'm good or have value.

Believe it or not, there was a 4-5 year period of my life where I was actually really normal, had good friends, they'd come abduct me from my house when I was down. I lost a bunch of them after something bad happened in college, and the rest drifted away after the depression set in when my mom was institutionalized for her suicide attempt.

Your mom is an anchor...cut the line. A bigger boat won't help. Cut the line and let her sink. Your mom is like a house when a couple gets divorced. It's a fucking anchor, drop and go.

• 1Jew
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

trex

Queen Bee
That is why I said sometimes. I dunno, maybe it's just how I was raised and it part being my Filipino heritage. It's one of those things where we take care of family as much as we can, even to making it harder on ourselves. My grandmother has dementia and I've already given up the last 13 years of my life to taking care of her. Does it suck for me in a lot of aspects? Yes... but it's worth it to make her comfortable.

That's why I also said sometimes. Caring for your sick, elderly grandmother is different than having a selfish family member. You're doing a great thing, don't get me wrong.

Mist, I also have a selfish parent. They suck. The first step of cutting the cord is realizing they're selfish and they're bringing you down. It's surprising the way things fall into place after a toxic person is removed from your life. Best of luck.

• 2Like
  • 1Jew
Reactions: 2 users

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Legitimately, if a parent feels the need to guilt trip/force their child to support them through incredibly bad life decisions, they are simply a bad parent.

Mist is apparently Gilbert Grape.

My only advice would be to actively look for jobs that are sustainable and -far- away from your mother. This is going to sound cruel, but not having to physically be nearby someone who is wallowing in their own shitty life decisions makes it a lot easier to take a larger view of the situation and you can make rational decisions without your empathy grinding away at you. Distance might make the heart grow fond(theoretically), but it also gives it perspective. It is much easier to see the shit when you aren't standing in it.

• 2Like
  • 1Jew

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Mist, if you can't find value in yourself, at least leave so your mom can't have the satisfaction of being a useless piece of shit and getting away with it. Peace out and let justice be done upon her in the form of her having to get her own fucking shit together. If she can't? Too fucking bad, that's not your problem. For the love of god, please get the fuck out of there.

• 2Like
  • 1Jew

khorum

Murder Apologist
Everyone's told her that. Mist is just doing her part to rebuild her old FML forum.

• 1Jew
  • 1Like

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Don't listen to them mist. I appreciate you sacrificing your life so I can read 2 minutes of your bullshit occasionally and feel better about mine.

Give the person you're trying to get out of debt that you know wants a 25k loan a 15% downpayment. That should keep this pathetic carnival of human misery on the road for at least another 5 years.

• 1Like
  • 1Jew

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Trying to help Mist is kind of pointless; just impersonate her mom and collect easy money. $$

• 1Jew
  • 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Trying to help Mist is kind of pointless; just impersonate her mom and collect easy money. $$

We all go a little mad sometimes.

KMiJBpJ.jpg

• 1Like
  • 1Jew

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Mist knows no white male can resist a household financial planning discussion especially if it involves mansplaining. She has turned our greatest strength into our greatest weakness.

• 2Like
  • 1Jew

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
If mist actually had no self respect or worth we would of seen its asshole by now.

Come on Mist give up the goods.

• 2Like
  • 1Jew

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Mist, please rank the following items in terms of how much they ruined your life, from most to least:

Ronald Reagan
NAFTA
the cancelation of Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Windows Vista
The OJ Simpson trial
The Montreal Screwjob

This may seem like a frivolous exercise is but rest assured I am building a profile of your psyche so we can better treat you.

• 6Like
  • 1Jew
Reactions: 6 users

trex

Queen Bee
If any of those ruined her life, except maybe Windows Vista, we have a clear view of her psyche.

Give your mom the boot, then post all her hate emails and texts here. Tell her you DGAF if she gets swallowed by her bills. Post her response so we can all tell you again that she is a manipulative little cunt. Please.

• 1Jew
  • 1Like