Mist Mostly Mightily Blames Other People or MMMBOP for short.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
HAH fuck Meraki.

My Aruba Controller has been up for 3 years motherfuckers!

• 1Jew
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Put on your "we have no ETA this isn't us" hat and enjoy the OT.

Unfortunately I'm salary.
Unfortunately our ticket system is terrible and our 'who to call when X is broke' documentation is awful for all 6000+ customers.

The hardest part of the job is using the tools, not doing the actual job. This outage is going to produce 100s of manhours of slow, frustrating ticket creation for issues we can't actually do anything about.

• 1Jew
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Unfortunately our ticket system is terrible and our 'who to call when X is broke' documentation is awful for all 6000+ customers.

The hardest part of the job is using the tools, not doing the actual job. This outage is going to produce 100s of manhours of slow, frustrating ticket creation for issues we can't actually do anything about.

Oh, your a MSP?

I'm the coddled inhouse IT guy I just sent out an email and went to get lunch. What ticketing software do you use?

• 1Jew

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
We started off as just an Avaya maintenance partner. But they turned into an MSP about 3 years ago, and are still going through growing pains developing business processes that and other resources to actually be effective at providing managed services.

We have Tigerpaw as the front end for an SQL DB that's grown far, far too large, with thousands of custom fields per account and 200000 accounts. A DBA's nightmare.

• 1Jew

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>

Wow that's a real sad story. Now shut the fuck up and do your fucking job.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Jew
Reactions: 4 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
We started off as just an Avaya maintenance partner. But they turned into an MSP about 3 years ago, and are still going through growing pains developing business processes that and other resources to actually be effective at providing managed services.

We have Tigerpaw as the front end for an SQL DB that's grown far, far too large, with thousands of custom fields per account and 200000 accounts. A DBA's nightmare.
Oh, and we've owned Salesforce/ServiceCloud licenses for the entire company for over 2 years but it's still gone undeployed.

• 1Jew

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
with thousands of custom fields per account and 200000 accounts. A DBA's nightmare.

Haha I bet reporting is a fucking nightmare.

And I feel you about the documentation system I'm guilty of it honestly I don't document anything publicly if I got knocked unconscious or quit they would be fucked.

The thing with MSP's is that you have to follow 10,000 different procedures and by the time you need to use said procedures the said procedures have been updated or changed.

It's fucked and I would not wish it on anyone.

• 1Jew

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm

Here was my "it's not us. Leave me alone" lunch.

Yes I like scrapple.

a_skeleton_02. Are you John Hodgeman IRL? Because I have only heard of one dude who likes Scrapple. I would be up to try it though. I bet people fear it like people fear crawfish when they come down here.

• 1Jew

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
a_skeleton_02. Are you John Hodgeman IRL? Because I have only heard of one dude who likes Scrapple. I would be up to try it though. I bet people fear it like people fear crawfish when they come down here.

Everyone eats it here in Philly, it's great!

I think every area has a local food that people cherish but outsiders might be apprehensive about. I do love me some crawdaddies though I do a broil every year during the summer.

• 1Jew

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I haven't read any of this thread but every time I see the thread title I think that it should be shortened to just "Mist Blames Other People" so it has a better acronym.

• 1Jew
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users