Mist's Misery Meadows

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Oldbased

> Than U
Five years ago, I started at $19 an hour, but now I make $35.44 an hour on the majority of my shifts (second shift and weekends. I also get automatic time-and-a-half all day on Sunday, which is a 12 hour shift that frequently runs long because no senior techs log on Sunday night to relieve me, so that's 12+ hours @ $53.16 to start my week.) My raise and promotion to senior engineer should be coming through now that overtime is gone, but at this point, I'll believe it when I see it.

View attachment 262933

Here's my 2018 return straight out of Turbotax, with my mother as a dependent. She died that year and I haven't filed for 2019 yet, because I currently owe a shitload of money until I contribute to an IRA and my HSA, so 2018 is what they based my #trumpbux on.

View attachment 262934

I feel like I'm smart; I took practically every hour of overtime, every holiday shift, and every special project that was available until the unlimited overtime spigot finally got turned off when LUNGAIDS hit, and was playing WoW most of the time in between MIM bridges and during the boring parts of said bridges.

The lower tier techs on my shift could have taken the overtime instead, but they all refused to do it 95% of the time, which is how it ended up going to me. Now said coworkers are having to choose between food and rent, while I have a paid-off house, a paid-off car, and hundreds of thousands of dollars in the bank that I don't even know what to do with.

But there's truth to the second part; I definitely work a lot because I have no idea what I'm supposed to do with the rest of my time. As for social interaction, the customers I work with are generally all at the senior levels of IT/telecom for Fortune 500 companies, large public safety systems, or large government entities. These people know their shit and are generally pretty nice people to interact with. It's not like I'm working at Centurylink or Granite and dealing with Joe Fucktard who can't figure out how to reboot his cable modem. I probably work at one of the few jobs where the customers are far more intelligent and pleasant than the coworkers.
I'd agree with you except you used that time to play WoW. From my 3.4 hours of WoW playtime, I determined that playing WoW was a poor time investment. Granted selection back in those days if it was 15+ years ago was limited, but still.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I'd agree with you except you used that time to play WoW. From my 3.4 hours of WoW playtime, I determined that playing WoW was a poor time investment. Granted selection back in those days if it was 15+ years ago was limited, but still.
I mean, I tried playing real games in between flaming dumpster fires at work, but that just wasn't possible.

It's much easier to play games you don't really give a shit about that just pass the time by being pointlessly grindy in between your pointlessly grindy job.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I mean, I tried playing real games in between flaming dumpster fires at work, but that just wasn't possible.

It's much easier to play games you don't really give a shit about that just pass the time by being pointlessly grindy in between your pointlessly grindy job.

Why don't you just be a good housewife with tiggles?

Also the rules around it has been very clear. The trumpbux are a credit for 2020 taxes that you're getting early. It will offset. As far as I know though, you'll have to pay it back most likely but probably not until 2021. I dont know for sure though.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Why don't you just be a good housewife with tiggles?

Also the rules around it has been very clear. The trumpbux are a credit for 2020 taxes that you're getting early. It will offset. As far as I know though, you'll have to pay it back most likely but probably not until 2021. I dont know for sure though.
This is what I've found so far:

1586996830160.png

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I'd buy an Outback but I don't like big vehicles. I'd buy a Crosstrek instead but someone I clash with at work has a Crosstrek and I don't want to have the same car as them.

Outback really is a big car. Did you go test drive the crosstrek and forester like I suggested?

Don’t you work from home now? Having same car aa someone you argued with seems like a weird hang up. Do you see them in the parking lot at the same time or something?

You need to get a car now while the 0% interest long loan term shit is going on.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Mist Mist I remember you said the Forester was too big but I’ll reiterate it’s not as big as you think. It’s only five inches taller, six inches longer, and the same width as a Crosstrek. Go test drive.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Outback really is a big car. Did you go test drive the crosstrek and forester like I suggested?

Don’t you work from home now? Having same car aa someone you argued with seems like a weird hang up. Do you see them in the parking lot at the same time or something?

You need to get a car now while the 0% interest long loan term shit is going on.
My Ford dealer was looking for work and replaced most of the transmission in my Focus and charged it back to Ford while they were working on a second recall/TSB out on the vehicle and I'm fine with it for now.

I'm a really shitty driver and I absolutely hate driving so the smaller the car the better, but I would never buy one of those retarded smart cars.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Learn to drive better. Get a nice vehicle. Take road trips to new places. Explore New England, I'm sure there's lots of awesome stuff to see. Be happier.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Curious? How do you wreck an automatic doing daily driving? I mean, everyone drives sticks here, so, that would be a reason, but automatic transmissions? Change oil, drive?

Denaut

Trump's Staff
Curious? How do you wreck an automatic doing daily driving? I mean, everyone drives sticks here, so, that would be a reason, but automatic transmissions? Change oil, drive?

Things just happen sometimes. My mother-in-law's car suddenly started slipping gears for no apparent reason.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Five years ago, I started at $19 an hour, but now I make $35.44 an hour on the majority of my shifts (second shift and weekends. I also get automatic time-and-a-half all day on Sunday, which is a 12 hour shift that frequently runs long because no senior techs log on Sunday night to relieve me, so that's 12+ hours @ $53.16 to start my week.) My raise and promotion to senior engineer should be coming through now that overtime is gone, but at this point, I'll believe it when I see it.

View attachment 262933

Here's my 2018 return straight out of Turbotax, with my mother as a dependent. She died that year and I haven't filed for 2019 yet, because I currently owe a shitload of money until I contribute to an IRA and my HSA, so 2018 is what they based my #trumpbux on.

View attachment 262934

I feel like I'm smart; I took practically every hour of overtime, every holiday shift, and every special project that was available until the unlimited overtime spigot finally got turned off when LUNGAIDS hit, and was playing WoW most of the time in between MIM bridges and during the boring parts of said bridges.

The lower tier techs on my shift could have taken the overtime instead, but they all refused to do it 95% of the time, which is how it ended up going to me. Now said coworkers are having to choose between food and rent, while I have a paid-off house, a paid-off car, and hundreds of thousands of dollars in the bank that I don't even know what to do with.

But there's truth to the second part; I definitely work a lot because I have no idea what I'm supposed to do with the rest of my time. As for social interaction, the customers I work with are generally all at the senior levels of IT/telecom for Fortune 500 companies, large public safety systems, or large government entities. These people know their shit and are generally pretty nice people to interact with. It's not like I'm working at Centurylink or Granite and dealing with Joe Fucktard who can't figure out how to reboot his cable modem. I probably work at one of the few jobs where the customers are far more intelligent and pleasant than the coworkers.

Grats on posting something and actually backing it up.

While it is obviously very far from the norm these days; it is appreciated.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
My Ford dealer was looking for work and replaced most of the transmission in my Focus and charged it back to Ford while they were working on a second recall/TSB out on the vehicle and I'm fine with it for now.

I'm a really shitty driver and I absolutely hate driving so the smaller the car the better, but I would never buy one of those retarded smart cars.

Shouldnt you just get a blue Subaru to complete the stereotype?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

I didn't wreck it, it comes pre-broken by design.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah every single person I have heard of having a fiesta has had that issue. I don't know anyone with a Focus. If you want a ford car thats worth a shit, maybe give the Taurus a look see. That line has generally been pretty good and reliable.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user